Maketoys MTRM-9 Downbeat ( MP Jazz )

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deathsheadII, Jul 16, 2016.

1. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    My guess is that dpd doesn't work also

2. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    coolsville is looking better actually.
    ill probably get him first and then if i dont like him then i will sell him and get db.
    im unsure of where my mp collection is going.

3. RavenousPrime

RavenousPrime Fantasy Author

I feel like this guy is just what I'm looking for! I am looking more for that original G1 aesthetic and he fits that bill quite nicely. :) 

4. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

I've been on the fence regarding this guy for a while... mainly because he's missing a lot of detail.

I don't usually like putting stickers on transformers that aren't vintage G1 figures, because they just look out of place. You can tell it's a sticker, and I just don't care for the look of reprolabels on something like this.

Some of the MP figures had dry transfer decal sets, and I would really prefer dry transfers or waterslide decals for something like this. Has anyone made some for this figure? If not, has anyone tried using decals for an actual Porsche 935 Turbo model? If I got this guy, I'd really want the Martini logo and racing stripes and all that.

5. RavenousPrime

Yeah. I feel like coolsville is kinda toy accurate? Also, where do you sell your transformers?

6. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    coolsville also fits in better with hausi mps
    havent sold any yet. but when i do it'll be on ebay

• Like Like x 1
  7. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Bought a Downbeat yesterday. Really like it. One minor thing is that the black panels on his legs don't really click into place. Other than that, great figure.

8. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Haven't seen any yet.
    It took a while for some nice dry transfers to get made for MP Wheeljack. Makes a huge difference. I'm still waiting for someone to make some dry transfers for Downbeat. I hope somebody does.

Meanwhile a member here did a pretty damn serious set of artwork that can be printed onto waterslide paper. Looked pretty keen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Know how you feel because it's the exact same reason I'm hesitant about it (bought him but he's still in his box until I've decided to keep or sell on). I would've liked to see some details from the toy -- those on his knees and those on his belly for example -- to have been implements in moulded details. And of course the real life livery.

As for waterslides, I remember there were custom made waterslide decals posted in this thread, but can't recall which page/post.

10. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

What scale is Downbeat roughly? Maybe there's some Martini Porsche 935 model kit decals out there on ebay that might work.

11. RavenousPrime

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I like mine a lot! I think this is the first time ever owning any version of Jazz! He fits in perfect with my other guys!~ :D 

• Like Like x 2
  12. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have loved to see some sort of alt mode gun storage or weapon mounting option like the MP Datsuns/Lambos/Lancias.

• Like Like x 3
  13. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

Yep, I'd love to see that become a "standard" for MP-style figures. Engineering to hide the weapons in alt mode would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RavenousPrime

Yeah..there is that disappointment of lacking places to store weapons and things in alt-mode.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I know I'm late, but he finally shipped out with the DX9 Coneheads.

First impressions, the Porsche looks awesome. The rear undercarriage is not bothersome in person.

Transformation reflects what the majority mentioned. Easy upper, fiddly legs. I noticed a large stress mark on the black part of the leg that supports the swivel for the right foot.

Bot mode is very impressive. Love the look and articulation. I couldn't get his helmet off to swap faces, but I'll try again later.

I'll have to see what stickers/decals I want to use based on what everyone else has been doing and my own preferences.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I gotta say love my downbeat. I think he is one of favourite 3p MP figures cause he fits in so well with the Takara crew. Mt gundog and wrestle and Despotron and cupola and contact shot which I have all just all have a bit of that mt spice in them that makes them slightly apart from the Takara look (very cool bots all), but I just think downbeat nails it!

Just my 2 cents..

17. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

I really wish 3p guys would stop making specific or raised areas for the symbols though.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Hey nomolos,I think that is pretty much pointless cause I think 3P Companies have learned its no more trademark infringement to have an emblem pattern than to make figures look like those of G1 Figure likenesses,so they are gonna keep doing them regardless.it gives people a way to add their own if they choose to.Is it wrong,yes but there is nothing we or anybody can do about it,just enjoy the figure for what it is I say.Later.

19. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He's not worried about infringement. The emblem specific areas they put on the figures usually aren't the right shape or size for an emblem that is easily accessible to customers. For example, on Downbeat, a lot of people just put an oversized emblem to cover the area.

It also limits people who don't want to put an emblem on the figure. They have to now because there's an outline of an emblem.

Porsche Appreciation:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree that the emblem spot is obnoxious. When I was setting up the emblem on my decal sheet, I had to measure it precisely and line up the decal carefully. Would've been much simpler if there wasn't a cut out spot for it.

• Like Like x 1