Maketoys MTRM-11 Meteor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Cold

Cold Well-Known Member

Just got my wing fillers from maketoys' store, anyone knows what these are? They seem like some sort of stickers
    20190607_165504.jpg

2. jscott991

jscott991 Well-Known Member

I cracked on this guy and bought Meteor from BBTS (so I'll have him in a few weeks when they get around to putting him in a box and shipping him out). I feel like it's a minor mistake (it's not like I will be unable to sell him), but I love Starscream and just need to see in person if I can live with the head.

I was worried that if I passed on the few left in stock at reputable retailers, I'd never have the chance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Y'know, I haven't opened mine yet, but I'm pretty sure those are pre-cut double-sided tape to stick the fillers on. I am not sure they need to be stuck on or if they fit snuggly, but I'll find out this weekend.

4. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

Yeah, what the hell are those?!

I got this one, and I have a spare MP-11 head, but I don't think I'll ever get the time to paint this up (correctly).

So....Has Maketoys said anything about Hotlink/Air Warrior Clone, 'cause I'd buy that (and live with shrunken head), to finally have my seeker corps done!

5. Cold

Cold Well-Known Member

The fillers stay on just fine with friction, i noticed that those brown parts on the sticker sheet match the panel lines of the fillers, i honestly have no idea

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

I liked my Meteor soooo much... I cracked and bought Lightning and SkyCrow! G1 S1 team complete. Very impressive looking trio. The design, colors, and overall sculpt is the best looking G1 Seeker team on the market imho. Pics to follow.

:cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Completely unnecessary (at least for my 3) double-sided tape.

8. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    Thats double sided tape. One goes on the inner side, one in the middle, one outside and the thin long one along one side of the wing. You can use them to make the fillers stay secure in place, but they also hold just fine without.

9. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Has anyone figured out a fix that keeps the waist panels from sliding down in bot mode on these Maketoys Seekers?

• Like Like x 1
  10. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    11474547937297-The-Tie-Hub-Men-Suspenders-6461474547936106-1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no problem with that on my three. Yes, the waist pieces do slide down, but only in service of articulation. They're not prone to sliding down on their own.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

The Model kit comes with THREE heads. I think those heads are an improvement but they aren’t that great either. Because they were made for the MP11 mold they are slightly too forward or up front on the Maketoys. They look odd at certain angles.

I really wanted to like the Maketoys Seekers. They are beautifully painted. But those tiny heads are so terrible. In standalone pics or displays they may pass. But put this guy next to MP big Noggin Megs and it’s just mis proportioned. That plus the cheap looking hands. I added Jreems leg pieces which add so much to them. But still. Not impressed at having to buy extra parts to improve the mold. Not the end all beat all MP seeker mold, for me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Meteor/Starscream isn't as bad but on my Lightning and Skycrow it's difficult to get them to stay up in bot mode. In fact, they are never fully up where there supposed to be on their own.

14. Bruticus88

Some pics of the Seeker team. I'm really liking these guys:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wing fillers on the back:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Bruticus88

Thankfully I did not have any falling waist piece issues on any of mind. They stay up and slide down only when moved. Maybe Future floor wax on the joints time?

16. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Facts. I got all three (I know... I KNOW) and I'm "ehh" on the heads but really NOT getting over the tiny baby hands. I planned to try to ship out my OG MP Seekers and... I can't do it. MT's are unequivocally "better" but I somehow still like the Takara AESTHETICS better.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Bruticus88

I wonder if anyone has tried the KFC replacement TT MP Seeker hands on these MT versions? I'm sure someone probably mentioned it already in this 272 page thread.

:) 

18. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People have- unfortunately, it does require some trimming of Meteor's wrist pegs to make them fit. Alas, that's a little more than I'm willing to do on my figure.

19. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. They require a little bit of dremelling/filing out of the peg hole on the KFC hands as the mushroom peg on MT's wrist is a little larger, but they can be attached and definitely improve it.
    I think @songrobin was the pioneer who figured out the hand fix. If you're not familiar with his work, you should take a look. It's scary how cool he can make an already amazing figure look with his mods:
    Maketoys MTRM-11 Meteor

Edit: Look like he's upgraded from the MP-11 Seeker hands to KFC's Hot Rod hands. They probably fit better but they will need paint. You can get away with the stock plastic colour on the KFC Seeker hands if you don't want to paint them. It's not a perfect match but it;s close enough for a casual look.
    It's a little trickier but you can get away with leaving Meteor's wrist pegs alone and using a file or dremel to enlarge the slot on the KFC hands instead. That's what I did. Means that Meteor himself can be restored to stock easily and the permanent changes are done to the add-on hands.
    I'm pretty sure it can't transform with the KFC hands installed, but I use my MP-11 trio for alt mode display so not a big deal for me. The Hot Rod hands that songrobin used are smaller, and it's possible that will allow transformation.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. songrobin

songrobin Pastor

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yes, posable hands are possible, but you will need KFC Hot-Rod (or equal sized) hands to fit for transformation. The hands for MP-11 seekers are too big. Check my earlier posts below. Hope that helps!

Maketoys MTRM-11 Meteor

Maketoys MTRM-11 Meteor

DSC02243 (Large).JPG DSC03023 (Large).JPG DSC03029 (Large).JPG DSC03046 (Large).JPG DSC03047 (Large).JPG

• Like Like x 10