Maketoys MTRM-11 Meteor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jul 18, 2015.

1. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I got a great Hasbro edition of MP Starscream. But just like emgo316's review, it's showing it's age, while Meteor looks like it would match the quality of MP36 Megatron.

2. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

So a few people are modding the wings and legs - anyone thinking about making nipple fans to fit in the chest? Not having those is fine by me but it's never bad to have options, and some people really wanted them. You could probably copy the design from MP-11 and upsize it a smidge until it fits snugly. I have no idea how to do those sorts of things though. I'm just thinking out loud.

Honestly, the leading 3P makers are on par with TT and in some cases ahead these days. Though of course it varies from bot to bot - I recommend watching a lot of reviews to get an idea. But QC is mostly really good (personally I've had worse luck with some official moulds), and there's always return policies if anything goes seriously wrong.

Don't let your dreams be...

Oh wait, wrong meme.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ugh don’t start with Meteor he’s a lot better than mp11 but VERY disappointing in many other ways...I broke down and bought him after accidentally converting my source points (alcohol may have been a factor) and when he arrived I was disappointed immediately. He’s grown on me a bit but if you’re looking for a “1st 3rd party toy” I’d find one that REALLY hits it out of the box. Maketoys half-ass everything...

4. pg52282

pg52282 Well-Known Member

*in Cobra Commander voice* Yessssssssss

5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which version of CC is that?

I would have loved to see an animated TF/Joe crossover series or movie from MP/Sunbow.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pg52282

It's the Classic CC from the Retaliation Movie line. THE best version of him. IMO
    http://www.yojoe.com/action/13/cobracommander53.shtml

I wished for that for a long time. Shame it never happened. The only crossovers close to that were the God-awful Marvel Joe & Transformers Comics and some from the early '00s

7. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Ahh ok. I have that figure. It comes in a carded package with Dwayne Johnson with his mouth open as Roadblock on the cover. My only gripe is that the chrome face plate is prone to fingerprint smudges. Otherwise it is the best representation of the ARAH classic CC toy ever.

The closest thing we ever got to a Sunbow produced crossover were the Season 3 Transformers episodes "Killing Jar" (about 2 minutes of it) and "Only Human".

• Like Like x 1
  8. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I've kind of accepted that I will get Meteor eventually. I'm sure once I get my KO MP Megs in (that I feel safe actually playing with) I will want a Starscream that fits the aesthetic better, both in terms of appearance and dynamism on the shelf. If I see it go on sale for $90 or so I'm all over it. But for now I'm content with my MP-3, Wal-Mart MP-3, iGear, MP-11, and TRU MP-11. :) 

There are really only two things holding this mold back from perfection (I don't care about the hollow wing backs): the angle of the intakes in 'bot mode, which both Takara and ToyWorld did better and would have been an EASY fix, and the lack of molded shin detail (the blue part that's painted on), which their Conehead prototype -- which has the part molded -- really emphasized to me. Those two nitpicks would bother me WAY less if the figure overall weren't so close to being a perfect representation of the show model. I'm also not a huge fan of the hands, the face sculpt (and color scheme), or the head size which I think is just a touch too small.

9. astrotrain1975

astrotrain1975 FT-44 Thomas is my precious.

I'm surprised that there has been no updates on Skywarp and Thundercracker repaints.

10. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Take the CC head from the CC/Shipwreck 50th pack and it's perfect. My Ultimate Commander came with a scratch on his chrome.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I wonder how well the CC would scale with the oversized Takara MP11 Starscream.

12. Mormolyce

That's a bit harsh, I'd rate Meteor at least 85% of an ass.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pg52282

I think he'll scale much better than the MP-11 & Meteor

14. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    If MT does this, I'm in for the set. The shin bits being unmolded paint bothers the shit out of me, way more than any of the other issues because they're right on the front of the figure. If I saw a Meteor that looked like this [the pics with the shin add-ons] I would buy it on sight.

• Like Like x 1
  15. G1TransformerMod

G1TransformerMod Member

Rear folding panel design that completes red waist area. Assembled from 3D printed parts

Robot-RearFoldingPanel.jpg FoldingRearPanel.jpg

• Like Like x 34
  16. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    How is Maketoys with replacement parts? I may have forgotten to untab the obliques before moving the nosecone/canopy section.

17. EpyonSystem

EpyonSystem Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Crazy! These upgrades along with possibly a retool of the forearms/hands, new face/head sculpt and maybe those shin vents from a few post back and we have a starscream that would be unmatched for years. Would kill for something like a shadow fisher kit that included all of that.

• Like Like x 4
  19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

This is kind of the way MT rolls. They told you they were doing SW and TC when they revealed their coneheads. I think right now they are focused on getting out other figures and will continue to watch how well it sells. Despotron didn't sell the way they wanted or Galaxy Starscream so I think they want to be cautious. They are the last player in heavily hit markets.

20. Mormolyce

You can't fix the butt flap! That's his MP cred!