Maketoys MTRM-08 Despotron (Masterpiece Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 18, 2015.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

LOL. You have a way with words. :) 

Thanks, I'll take your word for it. ;) 

2. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    I guarantee you, no matter how objectively one might be nicer than the other, some people will dump Apollyon for this when it comes out, and you'll have your choice of either if you don't mind hitting eBay. No harm in waiting, really.

3. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

Chosen Prime was nice and canceled my preorder for Apollyon now to just wait for the prototype to be revealed for Despotron I have faith in Maketoys they can pull of the MP aesthetic for the most part.

4. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, it's already missing Megatron's trademark hip skirt. His thigh joint can be seen in the silhouette. So, just based on the teaser, they've missed the mark.

5. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Dude, this is MT we're talking about here. Anything that misses the mark will grow on you and you'll end up preferring it in the long run. I betcha some fangs and wrinkles on it...

6. 52gdpl

52gdpl Well-Known Member

For me, aesthetics is the key. If it matches with MP10, it will be a win for me and for us. Personally, Apollyon hits those aesthetics and he will be hard to top off. I know it will be of good quality given MTs track record but if it doent nail the aesthetics matching MP10, it will be a pass for me and Apollyon will remain.

7. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I predict Despotron will be higher in quality than Apollyon in every single way.

I also predict that Despotron will unfortunately not capture that spot-on MP Megatron look that Apollyon has in spades. (Despo won't be hideous, but Apollyon is just that really, really good looking.)

So I now predict that this thread will end up with 300 pages about people trying to fight over which is more important: looks or build quality.

8. 52gdpl

52gdpl Well-Known Member

Agree on your prediction 100%.

9. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I can't get over the golf ball dent chest Apollyon has...

10. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    I predict that if your last prediction comes true I'll have a lot of work to do...

On topic, Gezz people, how can ANYONE tell if this looks better than anything base on a silhouette? Really? Maybe I should just post a silhouette of myself on Match and I'll get more hits on my profile :D . So, with that wrote, lets cool our jets a bit and wait for just a bit more on the side of information. MT's generally have great quality and looks but nothing in the 3rd party world is ever guaranteed.

11. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Isn't the silhouette just art, anyway? It doesn't look like a figure.

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Don't forget to have a stalk of corn sticking out of your pocket...cuz, ya know, you really like corn and stuff. ;) 

13. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My retailer is not talking to me anymore because I requested to cancel my Apollyon preorder.

14. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Fixed ;) .

Your post makes me kinda sick to the stomach ATM as my family's corn fields are kind of under water ATM... So much money just drowned away...

The way I look at this is I have multiple MP Primes and have no issues with owning multiple MP Megs to go with them. I have XTB's and was not blown away by the quality but in the looks department he's great IMO. If this MT's version nails the quality and looks good I'll get this as well. Maybe I'm just too easy to please.

15. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Being an expert, probably shoulda also corrected it to an ear of corn...oh well.

Nonsense aside, hope your fam pulls through their unfortunate circumstances.

16. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Why is that, Arch? Surely he can sell the Apollyon off easily.
    Now that is not taking into account long term ...just too bad.

17. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, a ear of corn comes off the stalk so it would work either way and right now some of our stalks are less than knee high anyways.

Thanks, this is why everyone in the area always pays for crop insurance so we'll be fine. Just expect a spike in food prices in the US up coming in a few months. The entire corn belt's been hit with crappy weather and yields aren't going to be great this year (Not you Yields).

No need for me to derail this thread with my personal life any longer, I now return you to your regularly schedule "My opinion is better than yours" postings.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  18. fendetto

fendetto Well-Known Member

war of megatron... have to wait for the prototype than can compare ..now stiill apollo layer cake the best mp megatron..for now

19. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just figured that it's better for us both if I cancel my preorder now since there's no deposit and the figure is not yet available, than pay for and receive the figure only to sell it later. I wanted to try Apollyon, especially with some positive feedback for v2, but I guess I just trust Maketoys more (and KFC has already burned me a number of times).

20. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    10000x this. One of the most annoying things I see on here daily is the omg this is going to be way better than the other company's version even though there are zero details and a silhouette only shown. Then we also know the quality will be better too because of the company making it is perfect. Here's my prediction, this will look more anime/classics styled upscaled to MP, just like their Hound.