Maketoys MTRM-08 Despotron (Masterpiece Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 18, 2015.

1. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

Ah, could be. Hmmm.... now I'm more curious.

2. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Good! Given how spoiled we are for choices, patience always pays off in the long run in this MP game.

:thumbs2: 

Oh, wow, look, it's XTB's biggest fan!? And, no, I don't need to own a figure to pass judgement on it, just like how you don't own or need to own many of FT figures to pass judgement on them!? :D 

What's the saying....if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....you know the rest. I've read enough on the forums and seen too many reviews to recognize apologist talk when I see it, which sounds something like this; "Is it the figure perfect? NO,! Does it have it's flaws? Yes, but it's the best [insert TF character name in here] figure since blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!" Sound familiar, Slave IV?

I own Cupola and judging from the quality of it, if their Megatron arrives and I were to get it, I won't have to go into forums asking nerds for all sorts of fixits and what not before I can actually enjoy it. Quality is actually important to some of us.

You do that, buddy!

:thumb 

3. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    Given MakeToys release schedule this should be available in what? 2020?

Plenty of time for people to get their enjoyment out of Apollyon.

4. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Main difference is I'm basing my judgement on aesthetics we can all see and you are making illogical correlations. NBD, I don't care about any of these companies, I just get what is good to me but someone has to balance out the nonsense spewed by some around here.

I'm all for choice and competition and will buy from any company that produces figures to my liking. There's room in my collection for many Megatrons.

5. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

MT's "MP" Megatron silhouette already looks better then that Apish XTB Apollyon! Also, MT has a reputation for good build quality as opposed to XTB. I'm so glad I hesitated on buying Apollyon...but it's kinda sad that so many fans bought that figure thinking it would be the only "MP" Megatron available for years to come. XTB really cashed in with great timing. I"m glad MT is doing "MP" figures these days.

6. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

I have not signed any exclusivity contract and am allowed by law to own more then 1 mp megatron gun. Perhaps I'll exercise that right.

Everyone seems to be all over maketoys balls right now. So I figure I better get one of their figures before this fall when everyone starts shitting in maketoys mouth because they have become so popular they develop their own anti-fan groups. So it will be interesting to see how fast they are able to roll out their mp line they announced today.

7. malware5

Main difference is I'm basing mine on aesthetics and quality I've seen in pictures and videos!? It's no more illogical or logical than yours. I own Mp-09 and as much as I adore it I simply will never, ever knowingly spend that kind of money on another beautiful $100+ statue and XTB's product seems to be on par with that or even worse should I say and that's a good enough reason for me to avoid it.

Aesthetics isn't the end all be all for me, it's no doubt very important but if the quality is KFC quality, you won't see a crumb from me, no matter how beautiful your product is.

8. malware5

:lol 

9. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The way you talk about Maketoys in this post, there's a big chance that these groups would nominate you to be their leader.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Agreed and from what I see, the silhouette is already more accurate than XTB's. Eagerly looking forward to more just wish we saw something more than a silhouette.

11. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    is yours broken? Because my MP-09 gets transformed regularly and I've never had an issue. It is certainly not a statue.

12. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Count me in. Although XTransbots' offering looks nice, it has all the usual aspects of their products - poor material, sloppy paint, etc. I trust MT a heckuva lot more than XTransbots.

13. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I got my Apollyon yesterday and I like it a lot. If this ends up being better then maybe I'll sell Apollyon and get that. Maketoys sure has the experience behind them and I know they are consistent with their quality.

14. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Except there are literally thousands of pictures and a bunch of videos that prove you are wrong about those figures being statues. Not to mention posts like below and an entire thread about Apollyon's quality say how wrong you are.

All good, I don't cheerleading for any company but I just tell it like it is.

Again, I'm glad Megatron finally got some good representation it will be cool to see more. Not judging anything off an outline though.

15. outsider

outsider Seeker

Can't we all just get along?

I'm happy with my XTB Megs and I'm not fan of them. I would have much rather had a Maketoys Megs but we'll see what the future holds.

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn it. Thanks for the heads up. I hope they end up being close.

Also those of you arguing over Apollyon and defending it, give it a rest. There's already been enough of that IN the Apollyon thread, let's not clutter this one up when this is a completely different design. Some will like Despotron, some will like Apollyon. The good thing is there's variety. For whatever you don't like, there might be an alternative you might like.

17. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Huh. Maketoys is doing Megs. Very interesting.

I have Apollyon and like it well enough. The aesthetics are great while the quality is adequate. Usually I feel the opposite about Maketoys. But I'm definitely curious about this.

18. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now retailers have to deal with all the preorder cancellations. Good call, Kapow Toys.

19. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

Sad and kind of misleading. In any case, MT has a proven design and quality record and their Cupola figure is a great representation of Chromedome. I will gladly hold off on other figures and wait for prototype pics of this in the meantime.

20. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    Looking forward to seeing more. Very intrigued.