Maketoys MTRM-08 Despotron (Masterpiece Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Proportions look great, but the surface detailing looks to be a bit much, and the head looks a bit too stylized. A more accurate gun mode would be the one thing that would make me consider selling off Apollyon, but I can't see that happening if the toy looks like the line-art here. That being said, I'll reserve final judgment until we see an actual prototype. I can't see it being too different, but some exaggerations are usually made in promotional drawings.

2. Aerlesea

Aerlesea Well-Known Member

Maketoys gives me an impression that they will always do something G1 and with something little more while Xtransbots is as close to G1 as possible. Both have pros and cons on their styling.

3. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True. But to my tastes X-Transbots styling matches better Takara MP line.

4. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Boy a lot of those people who bought Appollyon must be feeling preeeeetty dumb right about now. haha

The majority of that "surface detailing" is not in fact surface detailing. Its just how the edges of each part are being highlighted that makes them stand out. The only real detail is inside the legs. The mid abdomen detailing on the other hand is very accurate to the g1 design.

5. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So your first reaction after you saw that schematic is "how dumb the Apollyon owners must feel"? Great mentality....Must ve been really hurt that Apollyon is gonna be nominated toy of the year eh?

6. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hurt isn't the word. No my feelings are far more along the lines of disbelief, disgust and dare I say borderline hatred at the mere idea of that ugly, poorly made, piece of junk being praised so highly. I refuse to even take the mp vote seriously this year with that thing making it to the top 10 while true masterpieces like Gundog get discarded.

7. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thnx for proving my point of being a petty person :) 

8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Sever was the same but turned out fine. Drawings just show every little detail. Looks very impressive!

Gotta laugh at ppl claiming Apollyon owners to be gutted. Is Megatron the owner character that is allowed one figure? Are TT not even allowed to make one now XTB have done it.

Rival take on figure shocker!!

9. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    Yeah. Just like all those that bought Herc/Green Giant must have felt dumb when Combiner Wars Devi was announced. And then felt EVEN Dumber when Gravity Builder was announced. And then felt like right MORONS when Toyworld Devi was announced.

And all those that bought Classics Prime must have felt like idiots when Combiner Wars Prime was revealed. And all those who bought Classics Starscream must feel like necking themselves now that Leader class Starscream is available.

Classics Jetfire when Generations Jetfire was released, Hot Spot, Ultra Magnus....

MP-01 and MP-10!!!!! MP-03 and MP-11!!!!!

Man, it's a wonder that there are any Tf collectors with how this keeps happening!!!!!! A fandom full of people who feel realllllllllly dumb.

Oh wait.:rolleyes2 

Someone takes their toys waaaaaay too seriously

10. Skullhammer

Skullhammer Powermaster

Wow, looks awesome!

11. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Wow. That schematic looks great. I'd definitely buy this guy. You could never have too many awesome Megatrons...

12. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    I have Apollyon and very happy with him on my shelf, but I am also pleased that there will be choice for MP Megatron... 2016 will be an interesting year!

13. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Looks great from here. Make Toys. Nail the head sculpt + transformation and knock this one out of the park!!!

14. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Apples and Oranges. All those devs had their unique qualities and features and came in very different styles and sizes. You can't directly compare them in the same way you will be able to this figure and xtrans.

15. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    quick colour job if anyone was interested.

[​IMG]

As with any MP legs its the gun mode that will make or break it for me. But so far I do like what I'm seeing.

Attached Files:

16. Cosmitron75

Cosmitron75 Well-Known Member

Wow kewwwl! Thanks! I almost bought Apollyon many times but kept reading/watching reviews about it and i must admit I'm way more excited about Maketoys products, being really happy with Gun Dog. I'd love to see the alt mode but honestly, accuracy towards the P38 would be just bonus. The bot mode looks killer.

17. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Well..... Looks good but I think at this stage apollyon looks better but will reserve propa judgement when we see a proto

18. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    The only Masterpiece I own is Optimus. I was planning on selling him but I thought I'd hold on to see how this guy looked (to display them together). Looks like I'll be keeping him after all. :D 

19. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apollyon has a better looking torso but waist down it goes downhill. This guy could use a longer chest and shorter abbs section but the legs look so good (specially when you consider that every other Megs has botched that area in a way), that it makes a really great looking overall package.

Like that the Bold Forms will be a triple changer but this guy wins in bot mode, most important thing for a Megs in my book.

20. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I cant be the only "geewunner" who would rather have a better quality Combiner Wars Megatron than a gun Megatron. If the shoulder joints were improved on that ko i would have gone that route. I know its wrong but man that tank is gorgeous