Maketoys/MT Quantron in hand pics

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by uranusdd, Sep 17, 2014.

1. uranusdd

uranusdd SIXSHOTS

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

神风队集合!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Man that looks nice. Glad I'm eventually going to be able to get my hands on these molds, since they are releasing them individually (though I really do prefer the normal color scheme)

3. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they are? since when?

4. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

The Shattered Glass versions look to be being released seperately

5. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ah ye, THOSE! I wouldnt really count those as the same as this considering the different colour scheme.

6. Fearswoop

Fearswoop Member

That's the thing, i was under the impression that Ripper is the only one that has actually been confirmed.

7. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    he is, but fingers crossed, ya know?

8. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

Excellent photos as usual!

The shots of Quantron with MP Grimlock bring back memories of the debut of Computron in the cartoon. :) 

9. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Omg, stop making me want this!

10. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Well-Known Member

I think I want this set more than I wanted any other third party combiner team.

I simple LOVE the color scheme, the red and maroon and white with the translucent orange accents.....gorgeous.

But why did they have to go the giftset route? I could afford to buy the figures one at a time, spread out over several months, with ease, but over $400 all at once? No chance.

Then reading this thread I got all hopeful about individual releases, but only for a redecoed version? AAARGH!

I'll just have to hope that they either re-issue this set when I've got some money to spare, or that they eventually do release them in this color scheme individually.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, I wish these would show up at my doorstep NOW....

It's not like we didn't have a ton of lead time on these guys. We've known about them for quite a while and had a ballpark price (using Giant as an example). I'd assume you'd be be saving up since earlier in the year at least...

12. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Well-Known Member

To be honest, it's only hit me in the last couple of days how much I want this set....

I try not to follow too many of the third party products since they're generally out of my price range.

As for saving up, yeah I probably shoulda done that, but I had other expensive events this year that took precedence.

At this point, i'm planning to take some time and pay off a bit of my balance, sell some stuff I'm no longer using on ebay, and hope that when all that is done this guy is still available at original price.

13. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

So, I'm sitting here at the end of Saturday of TFCon Chicago with a Quantron on my desk... and having walked around the dealer room, man, there was a LOT I wanted there.

I did not pay for this guy $400 all at one time. Well, literally speaking, I did, but that's not my point. What I did was, when I decided that I was coming here back when I got my tax return, start taking $20 or $30 per paycheck and put it away in my paypal account. If you don't want to do that, you can withdraw it into cash and keep it in an envelope. I started in February, and there have been weeks I've had to skip. I dropped $100 on an MP Grimlock which set my budget back, then another $70 on the Steel Core trailer kit. Also sold a few things. By the time I got here, I had $600 saved up as a "toy fund." I totally recommend this method. I think I'm about to start up again in case MT or FP, whoever the hell it is, decides they want to do Defensor as a giftset.

As far as giftset vs. figure-at-a-time (like FP Intimidator/M3/Menasor)... time will tell on that. I can't give an honest opinion on day 1 of owning Quantron. It's a lot to take in.

14. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love this set. The individual modes are all really nice looking in both robot and vehicle forms. Transformations vary widely: Not-Strafe is almost too simple while the other figures in the set are almost too complex. Despite what I've heard from many reviewers, I don't find any of the figures to be un-intuitive to transform but then I may be skewed as I LOVE complex transformations. I will say that even putting complexity aside, nothing was frustrating (no parts falling off or things failing to lock in properly). The only figure that does kinda freak me out here is Overheat aka Not-Afterburner as his lower leg transformation features a rotating mechanism to get the robot feet into place that is a little scary to do as it involves flexing the plastic on a semi-thin cross bar. The aesthetic is a departure from G1 but they really captured each individual character brilliantly with similar but different coloring and really nice sculpting work. The combined mode is awesome to behold. The only thing that bugs me, but not too much, is the parts-forming with the main gun on Not-Scattorshot and on the sword/booms on Not-Strafe. In both cases I can deal with it as in both cases these end up being handheld weapons but ideally for me these would have been able to stay attached during transformation to and from robot mode.

I own Giant as well as M3/Menasor and honestly I couldn't tell you which one I like most but if you own either of those guys then this will feel very similar.

On a side note, I just got the patch kit for Not-Nosecone and it came with a tiny black half-gear that I'm not sure what to do with. Anyone know what that's for?

15. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

I really don't like all the parts forming on this one and on intimidator. Gestalts hands, feet, head and some sort of chest piece is acceptable, but these are overdoing it.

Combined this looks great, but solo scatter is way too big and some of the limb bots look too frail. Also can't stand that scqttefshot loses half of his mass transforming into robot. Same thing with mm from menasor.

16. Predacon

Predacon Well-Known Member

Here is my pic gallery of the MakeToys Quantron set - The 3rd party G1 Technobots!

Today let's begin with Overheat - G1 Afterburner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think I've mentioned it before, but I love this set. I've been saving a bunch for NY Comic Con and depending on how much I spend at comic con, I'm prolly going to buy this set

18. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are you talking about? Quantron has WAaaaaaaaaaaaay less parts-forming than Intimidator. In fact, it probably has the least parts-forming from any of the gestalts currently out there (note: I said probably).

19. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of this set. I haven't spent much time actually playing with them yet - just out of the box last week-ish and it's been pretty busy - but so far I haven't found anything to dislike, aside from Metalstorm's feet being a little difficult when he's got the giant cannon on his back. It's not super bad, but it's made it trickier than expected to get him into good action poses.

(note: easily remedied by using a stand for support when he's on display)

20. Predacon

Predacon Well-Known Member

Maketoys Celeritas - G1 Lightspeed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]