Maketoys MT-05Lte Gento Core Figure & Battle Sentinel Set (G2 Laser Prime 2.0)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by LazyAza, May 21, 2014.

1. Window

Window Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it was a slide or in the catalogue (pretty sure it was a slide) but they do seem to want to do all their Battle Tankers again with their own core figure.

Honestly if it weren't for that back kibble on the battle tankers and Nova I'd be all over this line.

2. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I personally would put the core of the Battle Tanker away, and just add the leg / arm / hip armors, and guns. It just looks so damn awesome. The only problem is price. It is very small in bot mode, and if it is 150$, it's kind of too expensive for me in comparison with other offerings.

BTW Window, you were right at the TFCon, the Nemesis of MT looks like it will be much better than that of MMC. That Cape and Super Dark Menacing Headsculpt is beyond awesome. However, I feel value wise, MMC will be much bigger and more for the money, and their White Seraph will be MUCH better than the MT Super Nova, cant wait for that one. So white Seraph, and Black MT Nemesis for the win.

3. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    thanks for the reminder haha.As nice as it looks Im passing on utopia thankfully, but ya I guess Ill be spending money then too. sigh

4. Window

Window Well-Known Member

Yea, I keep looking at the MT Nemesis and it is going to look so awesome.

Really if MT were to do the core figure with just the armor addons and not the big battle tanker backpack I'd be getting their Optimus, Nemesis and UM figures as they came out because the pricing should be lower.

Hopefully MT is reading this and gives that some consideration.

Edit: It is going to be really hard to take a pass on the new MT battle tankers if they do it the way it looks like they are with just selling the basic core figure then the core figure + battle tanker which gives them the extra armor bits as I wouldn't be using the trailer...at all.

Hah yea Utopia was a back n forth for me until I decided to drop collecting anymore gundam figures.

5. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

I would advise against passing on utopia... He looks amazing in person and Will go perfectly with scorponok.... As well as the other city bots they may or may not have spilled the beans on

6. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

These sets will be sold in two versions.. A naked figure as a standalone, and the figure with the armor and trailer

7. Window

Window Well-Known Member

Yea, what I'm saying is I have no interest in the trailer.
    I want a third version that is Core figure + armor because I love the way the core figure with the armor looks but I am not a fan of the trailer and I can't really see myself spending $150+ to just get the core figure and armor.

8. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    For me personally, the stand alone on it's own without the Leg / Arm / Hip armor isn't appealing enough, but with it, absolutely amazing. Exactly like Window is describing actually ;) . This is what I want without the rest!!!

Attached Files:

9. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Hmmm…looks like the arm articulation on Gento with shoulder armor than the original laser Prime. I'm not interested if he can't move his shoulders to the side with the armor on, since I'd only ever display him in the armor.

I already have a tanker (KO from Daelite). It's cool. but while I occasionally display with it, I don't need more than one, so count me as one potentially interested in the figure and armor (if the articulation concerns are assuaged) without the tanker.

10. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Never liked the original Prime, but loved the tanker, especially that SG one.
    Maybe it was just the chains he had.

11. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    MT's mold has much improved joints and posability over the original rts hasbro prime wearing their older armor sets. And yes the shoulders have a joint that allows the arms to swivel outwards much further than the rts's could.

If you want an early "review" of gento simply check out any video of novae as aside from the backpack and head novae is 99% the same exact figure as gento.

[​IMG]
    Pretend their are armor panels with little armor flaps in front of his shoulders. That's the only real difference between the base figures besides the head. And the armored up shoulder pads can move out of the way of the base figures shoulders.

[​IMG]
    MT's mold is of course taller as well.

12. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Man... it looks fine in armored mode... but at the same time... the even larger shoulders bits are still funky in unarmored mode. They also don't tab into the shoulders of the "normal" figure, but are permanent fixtures on the kibble too. Honestly, that bit of retooling is awkward, if only because that meant that the old addons for the RTS Prime figure are now worthless, while also meaning future tankers will likely drop the extra bits in favor of gluing them onto their Gento Core repaints. Blech.

Yea... it doesn't seem to have more freedom of movement on the shoulders... does it? Considering the extensive retool for better legs and proportions... *shrug*

13. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

I'll check out a Nova review again to see if I can get a better sense of how it works.

Now that I see the news of this mold, I'm regretting that I purchased a Combat Hero OP just a couple days ago. I was entranced by the colors, but if the Gento figure gets a similar repaint… C'est la vie, I suppose.

14. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just made some comparison collages between Gento/BT - RTS OP/BT (pics courtesy of Maketoys/L-U/Lushwok/KumaStyle)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UPDATE: made other three comparing all 4 BT versions :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comparison shots! I love the original figure, but Im definitely looking forward to this one. I hope we get more release info soonish

16. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is this guy coming with another trailer set or just on his own?

17. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Both.

18. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Want.

When?

19. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

Supposedly November/December

20. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Yeah I want this guy too. Absent a reissue of Orion he'll be my Classics optimus.