Maketoys MT-05Lte Gento Core Figure & Battle Sentinel Set (G2 Laser Prime 2.0)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by LazyAza, May 21, 2014.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm OK with the base figure... except for the leg joints... but that's simply because it was never meant to support the weight of this addon. (After all, it's an unofficial addon.)

Myself, as well as others, called this re-release stuff a while back TBH. Given that folks had issues with the legs on RTS Prime (prompting the Novae retooled core no doubt), and the extra armor bits for the SG and Magnus sets... which were limited in sale because they were meant for TFCC exclusives... yea...

It was bound to happen. The modified legs are more stable for the figures, and ideally the base figure should work with all Tankers.

That said... I'll pass... for now. I've both RTS Prime and CH Prime in a Tanker and SG Magnus set.

Let me know when the SG Prime comes out, and when there's a re-release for the SG Tanker.

[​IMG]

Still not a fan of the shoulder kibble though... I mean look at it in this shot... it's a giant backpack.

2. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, my biggest gripe is the Magnus-style pylons for the shoulders rather than the Hero-Prime style shoulders from the RTS mold. I think they could have renmolded the shoulders to reflect prime better.

3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    This shoulder style works best with Hyper Novae, and that's about it IMHO.

4. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Part of me wants to say "unnecessary release; already have the Hasbro and Takara versions of these colors." But another part of me says "Those were decent toys enhanced by a great set. What if the core toy was great to begin with?" I assume much of this guy is from the Hypernovae mold, so I'll check out reviews and see if the price of the standalone (please come with the shoulder bits) is worth my time.

5. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is the core bot based on Hyper Novae. The shoulder bits will come with the complete set.

6. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Looks to me like the shoulder bits are just molded on to Gentos armor mode pads unlike the old sets where you had to peg them on.

7. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ It's quite likely. Either that, or a new set that tabs differently onto the shoulder bits. Also the bit clips onto the shoulder differently from the RTS figure. But that goes without saying since the shoulder was one giant hunk of trunk before.

That said... the hinge bit on the shoulders was retooled to match the RTS figure a bit closer... see the differences between it and the Novae shoulders. It's just the hinged bit.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Yeah; if the hinged bit indeed comes with this figure, that means he'll have the shoulders. Which is definitely nice for those of us who backed Battle Tanker way back when in the day.

Having owned the Nova version for awhile, I love the upgraded core mold - it's actually INCREDIBLY different. Sure it's the same general transformation but there's so much different on it in terms of aesthetics/joints it's basically a new toy.

I'll probably grab this, myself.

9. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    I had the original tanker for a short period of time and my biggest problem with it was that there wasn't much to do with the tanker when it was separated from the robot. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get a convincing battle platform out of it. It just looked like a mess of kibble. But I like the way this looks so maybe I'll try again.

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Is there a magnus version planned/announced? Have the original, but I'd love to grab the new figure with a magnus colored set. Would make for a nice classics type Magnus.

11. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The trailer coming with this one will be identical so you're going to have the exact same problem.

They have two more redecos/remolds planned, what they will be though is anyone's guess.

12. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Damn it!

I think this must be why people hardly ever take pictures with the trailer.

13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Sorry for the bump, but didn't see any recent bumps after the TFCon, and he was there, in bot mode, with some of his armor on. He looked really nice in person, I played with him a bit and really fell in love with it. Debating if I should get it, or the Nemesis Chaos. I like the Nemesis one because of the awesome headsculpt and the cape. Only problem is, it's kind of small, and cost will be high I am sure, based on Hypernova.

Someone asked about the next two project, and I think MT told him the answer, but I didn't hear or understand it as it was all new to me and didn't know much about battletankers. Hopefully, that person can post something on what he was told, as I am curious now myself.

14. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think that's a problem with pretty much any trailer ever. At least this one has the Exo mode.

15. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm sure Lazy Aza will update this thread with the pictures. ;) 

16. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Was there a time slot given for this guy's release? Im really looking forward to it.

17. Window

Window Well-Known Member

The MT catalogue said Nov 2014 for this guy and for the Nemesis version.

18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Thanks! Thats a good thing imo. With all the stuff coming out next month and in september (columpio, Sigma L, Quantron, Microblaze's onslaught, and mp wheeljack), Id definitely like to have october where I dont think I have anything to spend money on

19. Window

Window Well-Known Member

October is FP's Slag and possibly Utopia.

Sorry.

20. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Wait, what? How'd I miss this? Been staring at battle tankers for ages, but never got that Prime. Will the purple one come out too? Not sure I would be able to now though...