Maketoys MT-05Lte Gento Core Figure & Battle Sentinel Set (G2 Laser Prime 2.0)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by LazyAza, May 21, 2014.

1. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

Not really pointless considering how many of us ARE looking forward to it. ;) 

2. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I myself have the Original set and I'm looking forward to this too.

3. AutobotSoldier

AutobotSoldier Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to it too. Plus from MakeToys perspective, they have to try to capitalize on the mold with recolors.

4. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I have rts prime, the hero redeco with the blue tanker set and intend to get nemesis and STILL I want this guy too. He's a vast improvement over the original version precisely because this one now uses MT's mold and not the dated rts mold which had a number of flaws theirs does not, chief among them being better posability and much stronger joints.

They seem to have two more versions planned as well and I will definitely be getting those too.

5. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Love it, glad i can ditch rts prime for a better fitting prime, passed on nova but i think I'll hey nemesis

6. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wish I had infinite cash like some of you. I cant justify buying the same figure that somehow gets more expensive each time it gets tweaked. Rather see their designers making more new figures vs seeing how many ways they can change one of the first ones they produced.

7. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well, you don't have to buy it. ;)  What about those people who didn't get the first version, this is a very good option for them. I remember the first battle tanker set going for $150 and above in the secondary market.

8. KupCheck

KupCheck Well-Known Member

At this point why not start designing their own characters instead? I can see creating add on's, weapons, trailers, etc. to enhance the original toy. Doesn't seem like you're violating the IP there, but blatantly violating IP instead of creating your own design seems silly especially when it seems the designers are quite capable of making something remarkable.

Yeah, I'm one of those people who also doesn't agree with downloading movies, music, or software, and it's probably because I bust my rump to create IP at the co I work for.

9. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Why do so many people think that just because a product is re-using some parts of a previous version that it should be cheaper to make? That's not how things work.

I've never understood the logic of that, if the parts that are being reused still cost the same to make then they still cost the same to make. And this version has its own base figure now that is vastly improved over the hasbro one so it would make total sense for this to cost more than the original tanker trailer they did.

Their is no reason at all it should be cheaper, it would be nice if it was sure, and maybe somehow it will be, but their is no reason it should be expected to be.

10. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Is this even legal? For better or worse, looks like the original figure...

11. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Some of these companies are getting awfully close to the line.

I believe this is why they've not really done any movie based full figures. Hollywood lawsuits hurt.

12. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Typically in manufacturing R&D costs along with the cost to make the molds would need to be added to the price to cover those expenses. If you release the same figure again later those expenses have been covered. This is why MMC could charge less for the Feral Rex limbs because they share parts and they had less molds to make. Also its not as if the price is the same, 1st version $100, recolors with a couple new parts $140, hyper novae with new base figure $180. I think this base figure looks worse than the Hasbro one before add-ons due to the even more gigantic shoulders.

13. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I like it, but they really shouldn't have used the two blues, they should've stuck with one or the other.

14. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    ya thats my biggest complaint as well, wish they had just stuck with the darker blue. it would look way better imo

also I hope they paint the pipes on the hood with the final release. They look strange being the same color as the hood.

15. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, there are many examples like the above in other industries (see pharmaceutical generics, software, etc). I would agree that manufacturing costs would not drop unless there's an adverse economic condition, but that cost tends to be a small percentage of the final price. But for me the ridiculousness of MT's pricing can be seen just by comparing Hyper Novae with Scoria/Quakewave. The later has more parts and arguably of higher quality, bigger size, etc and the difference before shipping in NA is just 20 bucks? Come on.

16. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    You know what I did when I saw the price for Hyper Novae?

I didn't buy it.

17. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't either, but someone gave one to me for helping him finding some figure :)  Still think it's ridiculous though. This year the only MT figure I am buying is Quantron.

18. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

Wow, they're really getting the most out of this mould aren't they?

19. Acesan

Acesan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MT are Japanese and The Japanese market can probably afford it... Gotta pay to play ... Or not :)  I would be buying this however , I love their battle tankers !

20. evers

evers Well-Known Member

I would loved ot have seen this in Ultra Magnus colors