MakeToys Hyper Novae (aka Nova Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hobo Prime, Jun 4, 2013.

1. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    The Nemesis version looks to be using their Nova's base figure mold but the armor parts from the previous 2 sets. We have no idea if it's still coming with the cape.

2. Weitat1988

Weitat1988 Well-Known Member

100 bucks on the imminent straight black repaint of novae prime
    which I will buy still regardless omg
    btw in this color scheme he is known as the nemesis prime ? and RID scourge will be a separate repaint ?
    so what we will have like what three?? likely candidate of repaints/retools

1 ) IDW Nemesis prime (prob even more limited release lmao?)
    [​IMG]

2 ) Maketoys Nemesis (very likely mass release with new base bot)
    [​IMG]

3 ) RID Scourge (mass release tanker upgrade kit for those with TFCS scourge?)
    [​IMG]

3. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm hoping Nemesis is a repaint/retool of Hyper Novae, since that's pretty much what he is in the IDW Comics.

4. Weitat1988

Weitat1988 Well-Known Member

regarding the big stress mark , is there anyway to avoid this from happening ?
    its pretty concerning this mojo isn't cheap and I am big hater on stress marks :( 

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Glad I've been able to cancel my order before it shipped then...

6. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

How severely disappointing. Soft plastic? Really?

7. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks so Gundam-y to me... still awesome. Good way to further differentiate him from the other Tanker repaint/retools too I guess.

Any chance (assuming you're not afraid to change armors) that you'll slap on the DIA/SG Tanker on it? I know the arm/leg bits are the same, but I'd be curiuos about how well the other parts work. Based on the "Nemesis" variant, I assume that they all work...

Not sure what they're plan is for Nemesis though TBH. I mean the Nemesis they've shown twice was first digibashed to represent RiD Scourge.... then more recently the IDW deco using the same retooled core for the Angel... The color doesnt work for RiD (blue vs teal) and the Tanker itself is more appropriate for Scourge than it is IDW Nemesis.

Edit... Hm... based on that groupshot of the five tankers...

[​IMG]

Wonder what's so different about the chest armors that makes it work for both the MT Retooled Core... but the Angel one won't work on the standard RTS Laser Prime figure... Also is it not a tad curious that they have Nemesis's box there? (Namely note there's the original RTS mold inside it.)

Really think that base figure is bound to be reused for more than just the two IDW Nova/Nemesis figures. Wouldn't be surprised if they re-release the previous tankers, or just the stand alone bot.

8. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

I shopped the group shot. I have no affiliation to MakeToys. The last shot (the caped image taken from the scanned promo booklet included with the "beta" release of Paladin Chaos) was to include what the final Nemesis Prime will look like.

9. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    As far as I know, the only representation of Nemesis Prime we can expect from MakeToys is the Hyper Novae "core" bot repaint with black Battle Sentinel armor... although I'm very tempted to just repaint my Hyper Novae right now, since (as the image you posted proves) it makes a more accurate Nemesis Prime with the existing parts.

Well, softer than the previous Battle Tanker releases. If you've got Yellow Giant, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Perhaps not... they don't simply disappear under the heat of a hair dryer. But the plastic is thick and pliable, so I don't think there's any cause for concern.

10. C16

C16 Space Nomad

God, I hate this. There's nothing Gundam-y about this guy. The wings? Wing Zero didn't invent robot wings nor does it own the idea of it. I suspect you don't know anything about Gundam.

Not at all. It's much more their representation of Black Convoy/Scourge. It has a tanker, it's black and grey and has a blueish color. Close enough to teal. IDW Nemesis Prime had black and tan, like Armada and Universe Nemesis Prime.

11. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I do agree that he isn't Gundam-y besides the chin... Wing Zero did have robot wings. Wing Zero Custom on the other hand... :tongue: 

12. Delta One

Delta One Banned

13. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, this thing's gorgeous. Just wish he had the same head sculpt that the Nemesis Tanker is looking like its getting. It's more accurate to the comics.

14. NemesisAngel

NemesisAngel Well-Known Member

Gundam WING

Literally all about gundams with wings.

Gundam seed = Wings of destiny on the destiny gundam

Strike freedom dragoon launching = Wings

On a second look this thing does scream gundam. Even the head is Wing 0 Custom.

15. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Minus Shen Long, TallGeese, SandRock, HeavyArms...

The majority of the suits don't have wings at all, and the ones that do don't have ones anything like Nova's. The lead character's Mobile suit was the Wing Zero, and that's where the Wing title comes from.

I don't see a Gundam in this toy at all, but the chin has that quality for sure.

------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to getting this guy in the mail, for sure. It's going to be fun to snap some pics of.

16. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GAAAAAAAAAAH fuck you customs!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, had to let that out. Well, mines in the country for sure.

17. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Try living in Japan, dude. Every child thinks every robot is a Gundam, without exception... except for Doraemon. :banghead: 

Your argument is valid, but for one minor flaw... The head.
    The HEAD.

Does it look anything like Scourge? Does it look anything like any Black Convoy? Does it look anything like any Optimus Prime from any continuity?

Oh, I think you're missing out, man. Even in vehicle mode, it's a cool display piece.
    I mean, check out that Cybertronic windshield! :thumbs2: 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. quegon

quegon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's already here to dominate the shelves!

[​IMG]

19. Formerfan

Formerfan Well-Known Member

It's hardly just the wings.

I'd suspect you don't know gundam beyond "Gundam Wing" to not see a resemblance to the Universal Century Gundam suits which never had wings at all. Nova has a UC gundam color scheme being all white except for a blue colored chest section. Google image search "rx gundam" and you will see dozens of mobile suits all in this same color scheme as Nova. These RX designated Mobile suits also have the square shaped chest vents like nova.

And some people are mentioning the chin which I haven't had a chance to compare yet.

So, I don't think anyone has been overeaching enough to say Nova looks EXACTLY like a Gundam suit yet, but they would not be incorrect to say it shares some resemblences. As a gundam fan myself, this is a not at all a bad thing.

20. NemesisAngel

NemesisAngel Well-Known Member

How about his furry ear things? Same as Wing 0.

Also see: Altron (Upgraded shenlong), tall geese 2, and sandrock's shotels go into his back which look like wings.