Maketoys Hellfire - RM-03 (MP Inferno)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Mr_K, Jan 26, 2015.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    The more I look at this the more I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's MP scaled with cartoon aesthetic. I'm more excited by this than any other reveal recently.

2. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Patiently waiting for more info. I'd likely pick this up as a Classics sized interpretation regardless, but if it looks good enough and is big enough I could see this with my MPs.

3. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now this is a company I'm glad to hear they're tackling Masterpiece Figures.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Inferno is my dude. I'm all for this.

5. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this is MP scaled, I will be very interested in how well MT can capture that slavishly toon look. Their design on literally every release has been stylized and revamped which fits in more with classics.

6. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Exactly the same here. :) 

I love Inferno. I mean I love him. I cannot wait for someone, anyone to do a decent MP interpretation of him. My Red Alert has been running amok and needs someone to keep him in check. :D 

I'm really hoping this turns out well. The silhouette looks good, although I can't quite make out the 'wings' on his shoulders, but hoping they're there. Looking forward to a further reveal.

Scale will be interesting as well. Assuming that Hound is carbot size and that the silhouettes are scaled with one another, then I guess this is about right, although I'd also be happy if he was slightly larger. Wait and see, I guess. :) 

7. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

I don't think this is an MP Inferno. That silhouette looks nothing like the Toon—no hood around the head, no wings on said hood. MP collectors would have a conniption if an MP deviated so much from the official character model.

8. theosteve

The alt silhouette doesn't look close to the Toon model of Inferno either. Notice that the body rises significantly above the cab.

9. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    I'll be all over this one. Finally!

10. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Just give me a MP combiner MT since you guys can do them.

11. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Wings are there and hood. Bit wider than toon but very close to toy. The feet also look very masterpiece cartoon styled. These are MP.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  12. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I'm all over a good MP-style inferno. Eager to see more.

13. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Oh wow.
    I thought me and my insatiable need for a MP Inferno was in for a long long wait. Didn't think anyone would tackle that one any time soon.

Sweet! Cool time to be an Inferno fan. Can't wait to see more.

14. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

personally i think if this is mp scaled it will still have a "stylized" look...maybe not as exaggerated as their other stuff but i think it won't be a "straight up" attempt at TT's style. and you know what? i'm ok with that. remember, not ever TF G1 toy came from th esame line eiher and there are vayring aesthteics among them too.

15. evers

evers Well-Known Member

honestly I know we already know its Inferno but on first glance I can't help but see trailbreaker

16. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

Guess I won't be bidding on the Universe Inferno and hoping to mod him to MP scale after all. Red Alert needs someone to carry him, so I'm excited.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I've said many times how I'm not convinced we'll even get MP Inferno (and Grapple) from Takara given their third tier status, so I'm interested to see how this turns out. Hopefully it'll be FT/BC level quality & aesthetic.

Their decision to do Hound is ******ed, though. Like Sunstreaker, Mirage, etc, he's all but a guarantee to get an official release sooner or later.

18. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    The
    I see the hood, a wing tip to the right and left (behind his shoulder columns).....Even a hose on his hood like in the cartoon. I also see column things on his upper shoulders You can even see the 3 'horns' on his head. Also the alt mode behind.....looks very g1 in outline.

This is gonna look very g1. I'll do a crude outline in the morning on the pc.

19. theosteve

Hmmm…I think I see what you and Zambot are talking about. If so, it still deviated from the Toon and even toy quite a bit. In both, the hood extends above the top of the head. Since you can clearly see the top of the head (which, as you say, does appear to fit his head profile), it appears their hood is not so high. And what you say are wings on the silhouette are awfully low, perhaps behind the shoulders, instead of high on the hood.

Not that I at all mind loose adaptations. And I don't have a dog in the fight, since I don't generally collect MPs. I just didn't (assuming you are correct) see the resemblance, aside from the gun on the hand and barrel on the back. If MP collectors accept these seeming changes from the Toon, that's fantastic.

20. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Why, hello thar, Inferno! Be interesting to see how this turns out. I like MakeToys' stuff but it remains to be seen if they can capture the MP aesthetic as successfully as FansToys, Cubex/BadCube, KFC (starting with Transistor), and now X-Transbots (at least with Ollie and Apollyon; their past efforts don't quite make the MP cut, IMHO).