Maketoys Cross Dimensions Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TUVCK, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still plan to get that guy. I figure he'll end up on MMC Felisaber levels of clearance at some point and I'll happily snap him up when he hits ~$30.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

Pardon me for brining it down, but I do have to say going from the 'Holy Sh*t, Maketoys is awesome!' of Thunder Manus (not only my first Cross Dimension fig, and also my first Maketoys peice) to the QC nightmare that is my copy of this guy was a rude awakening. Regardless, while it took me a while to warm up to this figure I appreciate it much more now. I might even go as far as to say I really like it. Also I'm always happy to add to my SGMF shelf.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SWAGE66

SWAGE66 Hoping for spontaneous disintegration

@MasterScale I always hate to see people with rough copies, I have never once had a Maketoys product show up with anything more than extremely minor issues. On this guy, one of his knee-pad things is a touch loose, everything else is rock solid. But the design of being an upgrade kit basically first (or vehicle attachment) does leave him short of the usual MT result of "HELL YES!!"

His heel is a little annoying, but even his wonky knee placement gives him a strange edge of a different look in various poses. Just doesn't stand up straight very well LoL. Which is fine for me, I like my figures being posed more dynamically anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MasterScale

Mine came with a slightly misassembled right thigh, and the tolerances are all over the place - the legs are somewhat loose (which I can forgive), but the knee pads feel like I'm going to break them when I take them off, and the forarms were nearly impossible to snap on. And in God Ginrai mode, the... right? (it's been a while) leg of God Bomber that becomes the foot of God Ginrai falls off. Like there is no friction to hold it in place. Also, the legs and arms are really hard to pull out when transforming to either of the modes.

I think with this particular design - regardless of who makes it - it has to be hard to make a God Bomber that isn't a bit of a mess inherently, just because of it has to be a parts forming triple changer. Robot, truck, battle armor - that's a tall order when you add in the weight and balance issues it's adding to a figure with modern posability (though I really like the MT handled those issues here).

Like I said though, I came to appreciate the toy when I watched a Wotafa review of a re-release of the original toy and I had that light bulb moment when I realized how close the transformation ques of Divine Shooter are to the original. Then my fondness of the figure just sort of fell into place.

Anyway, pardon the long winded ramble. :p 

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  5. TUVCK

TUVCK Well-Known Member

Maketoys just issued a statement on their website:
    http://maketoys.jp/

"First Maketoys is committed to our product lineup and we will release all the products we’ve revealed over the past year. All are in some stage of development, factory space on many is getting booked as we write this, and we’re committed to seeing all these figures released.

Second we will continue with both our Re:Mastered and Cross Dimension line, and have even more exciting figures that are yet to be revealed but in the works to be announced this year!"

YAY!! Not only will they release Galvatron and most likely Hotrod, but they may even have reveals for new Cross Dimensions figures! I kind of internally accepted that Cross Dimensions was probably over, but I am so exited to fork over all my money to this company again.

• Like Like x 5
  6. MasterScale

Thanks for posting this! If I'm financially able when it happens, I would like to get Galvatron!

• Like Like x 2
  7. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am all in on every cross dimension release as it’s my ideal scale and aesthetic

• Like Like x 3
  8. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I hope they have CD Seekers to announce.
    I was fine settling on the Earthrise Seekers, but Cross Dimension is a far superior aesthetic. Wouldn't want to waste my money on the Earthrise guys.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

This x 10000. I was so hyped up for CD Seekers when they were in the comic that came with Striker. I'm still hoping that they take a shot on them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SWAGE66

SWAGE66 Hoping for spontaneous disintegration

All they have to do is fix the leg/hip joints from Galaxy Meteor and the Seekers would be done! Must be a factory timing issue for those not to have been released yet, I remember seeing that the factory they were using was tied to the MAAS toys disaster, but never had the patience to sort through 15000 pages to get the actual details.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MasterScale

I really like what the CD line is doing - it reminds me of Fans Project or earlier Maketoys before they got into the MP scaled stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  12. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mind posting them?
    You can never have enough Seekers they say :lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  13. OptionZero

News Credits:
    This was far too long ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CAUTION:
    These were never shown in any stage of toy development; these drawings were all we ever got. There has never been any promise these made it to the toy stage, although understandably many of us were hyped on this take of Seekers that previously merc'd the dinobots and jacked their bits for armor/weapons. Very innovative. Dark, but innovative

In contrast we have seen Galvatron in physical prototype form

The only other character thats gone beyond a toonish drawing is this render of an unnamed Hot Rod:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  14. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

Perhaps there is hope in our darkest hour....

TFCon-DC-2017-344.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  15. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Man, that just appeals to the 9-yr old me. Dinobot Armor.

16. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    gods I want that rodimus and galaxy convoy. Galvatron and the headmasters as well. Definitely getting excited again.

• Like Like x 3
  17. OptionZero

News Credits:
    Thats not cross dimension
    it even says in the image its RE:master

• Like Like x 3
  18. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s also over a year old and has never been followed up on.

19. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

Hey guys, don't ruin my dreams like that D,:

....Also Rodimus has been dead for 2 years.

20. OptionZero

News Credits:
    it’s in the cross dimension line. Which is this thread

• Like Like x 1