MakeToys Cross Dimension Thunder Erebus (Nucleon Quest)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by hardreturn, Mar 25, 2017.

1. TraitorJ

TraitorJ Well-Known Member

Dangit, you just justified my purchase of this in addition to the Manus colours.....

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

Then Deathsaurus too!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I decided to go ahead and place a preorder. I still want the red and blue version, but I'm really excited for the mold and I love how the same colors look on Striker Noir.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Broken Forge

Broken Forge Formerly Neo Vox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I keep looking back at the final pics and getting more and more excited for this release. I actually really like the size. I think the core bot my end up being my desk bot during the week.

5. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At this price point I hope we see a lot of recolors and retools like we did with the battle tanker they did.

6. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm surprised that we haven't had a single Star Convoy release from anyone yet. The Japanese TFs all seem especially suited for Cross Dimensions. MT can just go nuts with the designs.

7. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

While my Star convoy toy was the symbol of my childhood, I don't think it would make a relevant toy as it was a manga only character. Furthermore, unlike Dai Atlas and Victory Saber who had the privledge of being use in IDW verse, it is hard to fit a Star convoy body of Optimus Prime. Just as MTMTE Megatron was partly based on Super Megatron, a Star Convoy inspired Optimus could actually fit the Alex Milne sharp angle and pointy aesthetics.

8. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What does the Cross Dimensions line have to do with whatever IDW is doing? They have a toy lines already, Hasbro's Generations and the Legends stuff from Iron Factory.

There's always going to be more demand for the stuff that had animation or rare designs that never hit the west. There's going to be plenty of interest in the Zone Trio and everyone from Victory and Master Force. I'd love to see more companies make toys (sorry) based on those characters than have sixteen different versions of Devastator and the Dinobots.

Everyone does G1 Optimus. This is the fourth version of PMOP out in a couple of years from both official channels and third parties. Plus BBTS and Amazon Marketplace both still stock the reissues. There's a small army of IDW Primes building for the handful of people who still read that. I've lost track of the movie Primes. There's so many OTHER great Prime designs that are basically low hanging fruit for the 3P companies to make money from.

Star Convoy should probably top that list as an Optimus Prime mold from the G1 era. Then maybe Fire Convoy and / or Galaxy Convoy. Both of which were already brilliant designs, but would look amazing with a modern eye. Armada Prime would definitely benefit from a modern update. Heck, someone should update the Action Master Prime trailer and make a transforming cab robot to pull / pilot it. Primus bless the genius that can make the Energon Prime design look good.

9. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK I caved in and pre-ordered. it's PMOP, it's well priced, it's black, it can look cool on my work desk... f**k it

10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should have your "blurb" on the box. It's really all one needs to be convinced.

Side note: there should be review blurbs on toy boxes like there are on movies.

• Like Like x 1
  11. servatusprime

servatusprime The monkey wears the pants in this family

The F-it principle is how I got noir and rioter.....

12. kingjakethe11th

kingjakethe11th Scourgeintor

why not is how i got my noir

• Like Like x 2
  13. Funkmasterke

Funkmasterke Custom Title:

News Credits:
    So has there been any info if MT's god bomber will come in an alternate color scheme to match this one? That info pretty much determines if I get this one or not lol.

14. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope no info. I think there will be one though depending on how well this sells.

15. Chaoticon

Chaoticon Well-Known Member

I can't imagine them not making one for this color scheme especially since this is the first one they pump out.

This thing will sell like hot cakes. Just wait and see.

16. GAUGE

GAUGE Professional Digital Artist

News Credits:
    I really want to see a Cross Dimension UNICRON.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Chaoticon

Chaoticon Well-Known Member

A CD Unicron with armour parts made out of primus' body

• Like Like x 2
  18. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, I think they should focus on making really good CHUG versions of the main characters. That's something we haven't really gotten. I agree that we're starting to get flooded with PMOP, but these also seem like better versions than what Takara is giving us at the same price. I think the market for really good seekers and carbots is larger than doing Japanese characters that most of the American audience isn't familiar with. Plus, Fansproject is already diving into the Japanese character arena.

19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe. I think in general, the mold will sell well, but most people will be waiting for the classic color version. Striker Noir was produced in limited quantities, and judging from the fact that it's still available pretty much in 90% of retailers, I wouldn't call it selling like hot cakes.

20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kinda hoping for CD HotRod

• Like Like x 2