Maketoys Cross Dimension Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, Jul 14, 2018.

1. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So dx9 carry works in a sense but not for us chug collectors the( only reason I didn't buy his repaint, it's to big to fit and no mustache or faceplate ala fo shadow scyther). So far I've bought 2 3rd party Rodimus Unicronus(I've been using that as his sg name lol) FP and MMC but although MMC gives a good size I like it's more Rodimus minor than Prime so I really want a Rodimus Prime, so hopefully MT comes thru with this one and an awesome SG repaint. The hasbro one would've worked and been bought if it was Voyager size and not leader size, it almost seems like either you get a big non fitting mp size or a size fitting non prime ver. I'm starting to think Rodimus is unpopular as a prime :( 

2. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

Optimus Prime: MTCD Striker Manus or MP10V
    Megatron: MTCD Rioter Despotron or Hegemon
    Galvatron: TR Galvatron or UT Mania King
    Rodimus Prime: Noone yet fits the bill for me.

I have MMC Calidus and several Hasbro Hot Rod, but none of them do the job because of their faces ultimately. POTP Rodimus Prime nails the face and overall aesthetic, but is just too big.

Hence why I want the DX9 version downscaled to Voyager sized by KBB like they did with MP10V.

I have and like the MMC version, but that face is just not that of a Prime. I know the background of IDW Rodimus, but I was really hoping for a filler of the Prime for my CHUG collection, which he isn't. Still a great figure though, and his alt mode is awesome. Upgrading from a sports car to a fast armored car or truck just makes so much since for the character in general. I think Hasbro/Sunbow were just trying to recapture the magic of Optimus Prime with Hot Rod becoming a Winnebago. And what is up with the "trailer" in the first place?! Where did it come from? The matrix transformed Hot Rod into Rodimus Prime, but then it makes a trailer out of thin air, which isn't even present until he transforms, in which it just shows up! Hasbro sure expected a lot of suspension of disbelief in their cartoons, and kudos to them for pulling off a change from sports car to recreational vehicle, even though it sacrifices all tactical advantages that Hot Rod had. Hell, even Rodimus hated it and wanted to be a sports car again (see The Burden Hardest to Bear).

And for the love of all that's holy, please ignore whatever the heck was going on with the recent Machinama.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    to be fair, optimus' trailer was handled pretty much exactly the same way

4. Optimugatron

True, but its existence was established in the cartoon from the very beginning. Hot Rod never had a trailer, and then all of a sudden, in the middle of a massive battle, in Unicron's body, a new trailer shows up out of thin air...

Wasn't it said that his trailer became invisible when he transformed? Not in the cartoon, but years later I believe.

5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    actually his trailer wasnt technically established from the beginning. he had no visible trailer on cybertron, it just appears after teletran-1 rebuilds him and within canon prior to that as orion pax he has no trailer. therefore either alpha trion/the matrix gave it to him in the transition from orion pax to optimus prime (we dont see him in vehicle mode on cybertron in ep 1) or teletran-1 built it out of nothing and gave it the ability to magically disappear

6. redrum2581

Ebay:
    to be fair his WFC/FOC doesnt have a trailer and their have been plenty of OP that didn't have a trailer, most of the movies(yeah i know but still) so its not like it's always there honestly it wasn't til AEC that he really got a steady trailer with actually oh he really does use it regularly then he lost in Animated to the whole "Prime is a rank" non-sense and he didn't have one in Prime though he did get a nifty jet pack for a bit, so it's hard to say that a trailer is really needed as much as i want my Primes to have trailers, heck i'm looking for a compatible trailer for Striker Noir, was has a KO company not given me one but they've made them for all the rest, so hopefully Maketoys does something special with Rodimus being a prime as it only makes sense with them doing a Galvy, heck i'm open to some crazy ideas Maketoys already has my money regardless but if Striker Manus/Noir is any indencation i don't see us getting a Rodimus with any sort of trailer just a Rodimus

@Optimugatron if kbb downsizes carry and his repaint i'm in there like big booty thongs and i'll prob be like MT who? lol i'm kidding i'd still get the rodimus sg repaint from MT anyways

• Like Like x 1
  7. Optimugatron

Actually Orion Pax never transformed in the cartoon, and Optimus did not transform until reaching Earth and being revived by Teletran-1. Your argument is invalid, hehe.
    The theory of Teletran-1 creating the trailer is still plausible though, and yet Rodimus gets one all of a sudden out of thin air, in the middle of a battle, in the body of Unicron....

8. redrum2581

Ebay:
    TBF the battle was over, Galvy had been thrown out of Unicron's eye, Rodimus went grabbed the matrix off the ground and then ordered everyone to transform while Unicron was blowing up from the inside out

9. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

I really like this idea.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Optimugatron

Technically the battle was ending and they were escaping the impending explosion. A retreat is still part of a battle... the more your know... :cool: 

The trailer literally appeared as an explosion was coming from behind him. It's an iconic moment for him as it is the first time he takes command and says the legendary battle command of Optimus Prime, cementing him as the new leader.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    rodimus prime also gained physical size, its not implausible that the matrix also gave him his trailer since it made him physically bigger out of nowhere

• Like Like x 1
  12. redrum2581

Ebay:
    ok i'll give you that one :D 

this Rodimus if done correctly will give me 5-6(depending on when i buy Devil Stinger) MT figures on my dark counsel

• Like Like x 1
  13. Optimugatron

Yup, further suspension of disbelieve, except that it makes sense to make him bigger and stronger at the time, as he needed it to fight Galvatron. Giving him a trailer only slowed him down...

Got Striker Noir and Thunder Erebus? If not, they are both very worthy. My 3P collection is mostly from MMC, easily over half total. I don't collect MP so it's a bit limited in that respect.

I could pick apart the cartoon and the movie all day if I wanted to, but I don't because I loved them as a child, and I still love them as an adult. I focus my collection on find CHUG scaled updates of all the Sunbow G1 characters in the best possible iteration. In most cases, the alt mode is just as important as the bot mode because they are iconic to the characters, but Rodimus Prime is one character I would happily leave the alt mode in the past for something more sensible and interesting. Still, if the best I can find of a character has a an alt mode I find outdated, I will still get it as the bot mode is how they are displayed.

I would also like to reiterate that I find gun modes and RV's more ridiculous than boomboxes, cameras, and microscopes. I can't explain exactly why, but the latter just make more sense. That actually makes me think of the Bayverse movies, the first 3 had Transformers that had alt modes of the non-vehicle variety (most created by the All Spark). They still make more sense than an RV, lol.

And on a side note, as a child of the 80's, and I am sincerely surprised we never got a transforming monster truck! Those things were extremely popular in the 80's and early 90's. The closest we got was Dirtboss in the Unicron trilogy. Man, if I could go back in time and sit in those board rooms and give Hasbro/Sunbow some suggestions for alt modes...and slap the guy who thought an RV and realistic handgun were good ideas.

And yet again, I get carried away. Must have a lot on my mind today.

14. redrum2581

Ebay:

I have Striker Noir, Thunder Erebus, Chaos/Paladin, MT Nemesis

MT wants Devil Stinger dang i forgot if i get devil stinger i'm pick up CD Megs and Galvy as targetmasters for devil stinger and a Divine Shooter repaint

• Like Like x 1
  15. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Mm I could go for a version in blue done up similarly to the club sideburn version of classics rod. Blue and silver always a nice color combo.

[​IMG]

I guess technically that would make him Coldrod though. :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  16. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I'd buy the tits out of that.

• Like Like x 5
  17. TraitorJ

TraitorJ Well-Known Member

I've always wanted FP to do a version of the Protector armor for this guy. I think it would have looked slick.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ddg studios

Ddg studios Well-Known Member

Wow two years later and this, as well as that beautiful galvatron haven’t happened

19. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

Why bump a almost two year old thread with no news? Especially on a day there's going to be third-party reveals so people will think there's is news? Why....

• Like Like x 11
  20. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Because MakeToys just came back from the dead.

• Like Like x 1