Maketoys Cross Dimension Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by The Kup, Sep 30, 2017.

1. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

Selling stuff is probably the right answer. I got into this hobby about 6 years ago and bought up a lot of CHUG, MP and legends. I have a lot of CHUG that just needs to go and I need to refocus my collection. That kind of leaves Cross Dimensions in a weird place, but I absolutely don’t want to part with it.

I keep telling myself that I should finish my basement and that will open up space for my collection. Your setup would be an end goal, but I just need more space.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

I mix them sometimes. Like I have Buster Stealthwing and Striker Noir with Op.Ex Noir and Disorder/Wildrider

Or I put Striker Manus with Carnifex, but by themselves is good too.

3. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude I have a storage unit full of extras and totes and totes full of old classics and the like I've been meaning to organize and sell for years. Definitely don't feel like you're the only one trying to figure it out.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope this still happens too.

But I kinda want Maketoys to up their game

Taller, ratchet joints, articulated fingers, paint (although applied smartly, NOT on transformation joints and tabs, Fanstoys)

Give us Rioter Despotron 2.0

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    So... basically move the line to MP scale?

6. Nemesis Compactor

News Credits:
    Well, yeah, guess I would like the "most evil Megs in the multi-verse" (designation of Rioter Despotron) to not look like a shrimp next to MMC Lady Eris or FT Motormaster

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I just have Striker Manus and Rioter Despotron with my Optimus and Megatron collections, respectively. Striker Noir’s on his own somewhere bc he ended up being a fiddle-with desk bot. Manus and Rioter used to be mixed in with my CHUG/SS stuff, but I changed it up

8. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Ew, no. Keep CD in CHUG. Too much MP scaled stuff on the market already. CD hits a nice sweet spot for size and aesthetic that literally no one else is doing.

Anywho, yeah. Still have a little hope in my heart that this figure sees the light of day. It seems Maketoys is planning to re-release Thunder Erebus, so if they can make some money to fund more figures, I'd love it if this was in the pipeline.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

Sadly I had to pack away the CD figures to make room for my HasLab Unicron display but would gladly shift around my collection if Maketoys were to release additional figures as I love the aesthetics of that line.

10. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    denzel-washington-door.gif

(jk)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Nemesis Compactor

News Credits:
  12. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

I wasn’t disagreeing with you at all. I don’t have anywhere near enough knowledge of the economics of 3p or the background working of it all to have any idea what was smart or not. You surely have a better idea of those things than I, do I have no reason to doubt what you’re saying. It makes sense.

i was just tangentially expressing my personal appreciation for that figure. I’m probably never going to get the MPs I want for most characters, so I’m grateful I got that one for Hound. But from a personal perspective, I also was very happy with their “CHUG” type figures, Cross Dimension and otherwise, so I would have been happy if (aside from Gun Dog;)  ) they’d kept that focus and if, as you suggest, they would have likely been more successful with that focus. It would have been great to see the CD Jazz and Hound they’d teased, along with the others.

oh, I didn’t think of their GF plans. Yeah, maybe it was a mistake financially, but I sure love that Starscream, and would have loved to see their Prime and Megatron come to fruition. I’d definitely have been there for those lines.

but as KS noted, my preferences tend to be in the minority, and maybe trying to appeal to people like me with CD, The MPs with a more sophisticated, less Toony aesthetic, and GF was a bad decision. IDK

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  13. FD3S

FD3S 3rd Generation RX-7

Boy, these last couple of pages brought back some memories! I love my Striker Manus/Rioter Despotron as much as Spence hated competent business practices/general ethics :D 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    This is one of those times where I'd suggest reaching out and messaging the company but 8 couldn't tell you if the messages are read at this point.

15. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

I’ll tell you, I have been trying to enjoy what I have a little more. It seems like I’m always looking ahead to what is coming and not appreciating my collection as-is. It’s fun to anticipate new things, but I’m going to take a few pieces off the self and take a few pics. Kind of remember why I bought it in the first place.

• Like Like x 3
  16. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    All this blame on Re:Master, warranted or not, is depressing. I loved that line, and between DX9 throwing in the towel, MMC shelving designs and openly admitting that they're trying to avoid competition, XTB thinking they can charge Fans Toys prices for XTB quality, and Fans Toys seeing what scalpers are charging for their stuff and figuring they'd cut out the middle man and just start charging those prices from the start we could really use more MP stuff of Maketoys' calibur.

Not that I'm advocating an either/or situation, mind you. I wasn't sold on necessarily buying a Cross Dimension version of every G1 character, but I grabbed Striker Manus, Striker Noir, Rioter Despotron, and Thunder Manus, and I'd have gladly thrown some money at this Galvatron.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Strafe28066

Strafe28066 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully with Maketoys being at TFCON right now we hear something on Galvatron

• Like Like x 4
  18. Lazerlips

Lazerlips Well-Known Member

Do we know if they are actually there? Not putting you down or anything, or calling you out, just curious. It seems like they only communicate with TFsource. Im looking forward to looking for coverage and photos of the con after work. I hope you get the confirmation they're still working on galvatron.

19. Strafe28066

Strafe28066 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh i just assumed cause they have another exclusive seeker there

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Until we see otherwise, I feel like it's more just a zombie arm of the company, like how there's still some fragment of FansProject out there capable of producing Saurus reissues.

• Like Like x 2