Maketoys - Battle Tanker - Laser OP upgrade

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by lushkwok, Nov 21, 2011.

1. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Question, is there enough left of the trailer if you don't put on the leg missles to have a functional trailer while still Powering up Prime? I would like to use one set and try to display it in both modes, and most of the main upgrades look like they are contained either on the back of the tanker or under the belly.

2. 0m3ga M3gaz0rd

0m3ga M3gaz0rd New Member

Generations: Ultimate Optimus Prime XD

3. Yop the Yopper

Yop the Yopper Banned

So, I decided to hit up a variety of discount stores today to see what i could find. My first stop at a Ross yielded an RTS Perceptor and Jazz. Second stop at a Marshalls saw a Grappel and Lugnut, and finally at my second Ross, buried in the stacks of junk toys, was the RTS G2 Prime. I guess now I have to get this beauty.

4. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    I'd assume it can. You're right that all the armor parts, aside from the leg missile pods forming the front of the trailer, are non-essential to the trailer itself. Also, the arm extenders/ fists are inside, & don't factor in.

The leg extenders look to be on the bottom, the crotch guard is the rear bumper, the sword handle's the pipe on the back, & as I said, the fists don't factor in, as you can't see them...

& the sword/s (aside from the handle) & guns are stored inside.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Preordered...

SO

FUCKING

HARD!

6. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This looks like an awesome set, although the full battle mode with the huge missile pods is ruined by that stupid lego-looking thing. I really would like it if Hasbro offered upgrade sets like this for collectors. Even if the price was kinda high, it would make things really awesome for collectors.

The new head and forearms/legs are especially great. And the tanker mode looks awesome with clip weapons!

PS: I'd rather Prime always have an axe as opposed to a sword. Although movie Prime's swords are awesome as hell, axes fit his personality better IMO. Rodimus is cool with swords.

7. OGteg

OGteg Ex-Con

My Battle Tanker Just arrived TODAY!!....I pre-ordered off upgrade commander!...The set looks sweet......Am I the first US customer??? probably not......Anyway this set looks sweet.......well worth the money.

8. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

The only 2 things I don't like about this set is the electric sword, I would have liked if it came with an extra handle/hilt that didn't have the wire. The other thing is the back of those arms, but looking at pictures I think it might be possible to make a cover to clip onto it, maybe someone good with Shapeways will take up the challenge?

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Gimmie. Need to put in an order ASAP for one set!
    Alas, only selling limited sets (not a total surprise) from my local toy shop.

10. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no argument that this guy looks amazing. and i certainly would not regret spending all $110 on him. at the same time, it is $110. while i know i'd have no buyer's remorse, I can't move myself to buy it at that price while there are lots of other great tf toys out right now.

11. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And preordered.

Now we play the waiting game....

12. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Glad I got this on pre-order. Thanks for the review.

Your English was just fine by the way. :thumbs2: 

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    so much want!!! D:

14. jay724

jay724 Well-Known Member

I have a question, lets say I have 2 G2 Primes, is it possible to have one in armor and have the other one in Truck Mode with the trailer? Or are the parts needed for the armor also needed for the trailer. Because I wanted to have 1 G2 Prime in armor and the other one in truck mode.

15. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    As I pointed out before, it looks like the armor bits aren't vital to trailer mode.

The fists store inside, the leg bits are underneath & the crotch plate is the rear bumper. The trailer itself is the entire exo-suit.

The only bits that look to be required for the trailer that you may want to display in the Power Up mode would be the missile pods, which attach to the legs, that form the front of the trailer.

16. kaseycuyler

kaseycuyler Maximal

My question is as I don't have either Primes, will it look better with the RTS Prime or the United Prime. Idk if the color matches on both but you have to replace that crotch piece...does it match on both versions or is it color matched towards one specific one??

17. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seems to work great for both. Only difference is the red highlights and the red tinted truck visor, which is a total non issue. The truck mode looks better for it too.

This thread had pictures with the united. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...822-new-images-battle-tanker-tfsource-18.html

The only problem is that the united toy goes for a lot now.

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It kinda looks in the pictures that the crotch piece actually winds up matching the United colourscheme a bit better. It looks a bit darker than the pale grey used on RtS Prime. But then there's the light red highlights on the arm bits that are obviously meant to evoke the orange light-piping on RtS Prime's body.

Either bit though is so subtle that it shouldn't really matter.

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    You can have one prime on battle tanker and other with default armor. The parts are not used for both. HOWEVER, using battle tanker on normal G2 Prime would not be stable, as you don't have the bigger feet for support.

20. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh. Gazillion pieces, you cannot straight-out transform him with the arm/leg armor on... Typical gundam-style stuff. Big pass, I like the (United) Laser Optimus the way it is. A base-trailer would have been nice, but this armor addon doesn't even look cool, just ungainly. It's like Prime killed CD Scattershot and cannibalized his parts after ripping his face off... :)