MakeToy RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (New Pic)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by xterry, Oct 3, 2011.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I agree with your insight =) A LOT of third party goods that started to surface just this year have changed my decision from "every third party item = must preorder first grab" into a more conservative pick and choose the best of the best, both to save space and money. 75% of my transformers funding goes into 3rd parties and customs now.

Your point on has/tak though, I have a slightly different philosophy or reasoning. I believe that Hasbro won't touch triple changers for a while. At least true Triple changers. I believe they are not a gimmick that everyone likes (esp. kids. They probably prefer light and sound vs. extra transformation). I believe designing a third transformation always takes more development resource (if they do a good job and not a half assed one like they almost always do). The insecticons... I dunno about Has/tak's chance of creating that. They haven't done animal formers in a while.

2. wingsaber86

wingsaber86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Waoh, I'm a bit surprised that no one noticed the LED wire for the sword before... I and Cheem The Rup noticed that from the botcon pics already montha ago.. :D  not very clear, but still a bit noticeable.. ;) 

3. clankizle

clankizle Well-Known Member

I try and buy anything that makes my collection better. This thing is f*ckin sweet and it will be mine.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    She is pretty, isn't she?

I'm not a fan of this trend that the 3rd party groups are coming out with more and more stellar pieces but the prices for said pieces keeps increasing.
    The worst part? I want something like 80%-90% of what is coming out.

5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Wait he comes with 2 swords that's bad ass!

6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Oh, I wasn't saying they were going to do them anytime soon, but they have a pretty good chance of eventually being done. In the meantime, my Botcon Springer is fine (I even have the Target one, too). For the Insecticons, I'm VERY TEMPTED to get the FP ones, especially if they eventually do the deluxe Insecticon colors, but that'll have to wait until next year. I want to make sure my funds are freed up for G1uppers Menasor and TFPrime toys.

7. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    One sword seems to be for Drift:
    [​IMG]

His BIG one appears to potentially be modular.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    pardon my naivity, what color is dlx insecticons?

9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    My RtS Op has arrived! ^_^

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Wow, those are some kickass colors. I'd buy for those, too. In the meanwhile I would recommend the insecticons myself. It is quite a feat of engineering in small package!

Anyways, not to deviate from the thread, man, I am tempted to buy two and repaint one as SCOURGE.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome. Doesn't it feel great to own the figure that a hot 3rd party itemis made for? Myself, I was lucky enough to snag the last two TFSource had the moment this thing was announced.

Because of that, a part of me wants this thing to sell very well and to be very well recieved. (that is my greedy part so I can sell one or both of my Primes) The other part of me wants the price of this thing to drop which would only happen due to poor sales.

I guess I will just buy a trailer and sell my second Prime to make me feel better about the money spent.

13. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    I had that experience w/ the Energon Combaticons (well, the 3 that were closest in G1 colors)... & I actually needed Munitioner & Explorer to finish my Bruticus in any fashion. I'm glad I had the money for them back then, as the original "Bruticus Maximus" was utter slag.

Now I have to hope that the money I'm due comes to me before MakeToy's trailer sales out... I've wanted pretty much everything FP has released since Swindle & Blast Off, but have had no money, so I've missed quite a bit. V.V

I got several other popular figures today as well, but they all have either immediate or surprise roles in my comic, so I won't name them. I also won a Give-away & got my first Figma, which arrived Saturday. So, over this weekend, my comic just gained several new faces. :ev: 

14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally, some real goddamn news about Maketoy. I was beginning to think they didn't exist anymore.

If this is good, it'll make me really confident about skipping TFC Devy and getting theirs for sure. This piece specifically, I probably won't get though. I saw a G2 Prime at London Drugs before but passed on him. I also saw 1 left in stock at BBTS a while ago but didn't have money. So meh.

I'll probably only buy this if Hasbro does a Nemesis Prime/Scourge out of the mold.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I got to snag a united version, a RTS version, and then I have 2 repaints of him that's custom. Haven't commissioned a scourge yet, but this might tempt me to!

16. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It looks pretty good for the most part. The hands look to be designed with the combined mode in mind. They look fine with the BFGs, but oversized when holding the sword. The trailer could've used more blue... too much black for an OP TBH, esp in combined mode.

Overall it might be worth grabbing... if anything one could get both the trailer and G2 Prime repainted into Scourge... I mean we've yet to hear *anything* regarding a Scourge repaint... RiD's 10th anniversary was this year and it would've been a perfect time for it too.

17. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oof, I don't know if it's worth a hundy, but it'd be nice to have a trailer. I think it looks pretty good in bot mode too.....that price though.

18. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    rediculasly easy pass for me.

Also, those forearms takes monkey not truck debate to a whole new level - It is a truck, but transforms to a monkey - perfect for all the kids who enjoy that spam.

19. Vinjax01

Vinjax01 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Bought on sight!!! Will not make the same mistake I did with Shadow Commander, getting two this time!!! :ev: 

20. Wraithier

Wraithier Well-Known Member

Looks good, but I'm not sure I'm willing to drop $100. Maybe I'm simplifying it a bit, but I just don't understand that price. Is it almost voyager sized like a Hercules figure? I wouldn't think the price would be in the engineering either - it doesn't look as complex as one of the TFC figures. IMO it's nice but not $100 nice. Maybe my opinion will changes once I see reviews on quality etc.