MakeToy RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (New Pic)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by xterry, Oct 3, 2011.

1. CH@OS!

CH@OS! Looking for my next job

looks cool, but $100? humm I don't thinks worth that much and if taking out the led light up feature will knock the price down I'm all for it.

2. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're the only one making it a pricing war thread =P. Noone is comparing this to Hasbro prices. Price always plays a part of a product - so of course it's going to be discussed.

3. uranimusprime

uranimusprime Well-Known Member

$100? Damn. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. I really wanted this kit but that's too rich for my blood.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly. I was so underwhelmed by the RTS G2 Prime. It wasn't an upgrade of G2 Laser Prime, just a downscaled one. I was hoping the combined mode on this would improve it enough to make it better than the original, but it doesn't.

5. RoccaDNB

RoccaDNB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes!

loveitloveitloveitloveit!!
    Is there a release date known?

@everyone rushing to the shops to buy RTS prime... Get United.
    I can see already that it will look SO much better with these trailercolours.

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At $50, it's an easy buy. At $100. probably not so much.

7. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    For those of you who have bought from Maketoys before, what's your impression about the plastic quality? That LED feature looks awesome, but the first thing I'd do would be to heatshrink that sucker so the wires never become worn out.

8. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    the sad thing is I won't buy this....until the black/silver repaint gets done.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    $105 LMAO are you serious?

These 3rd party groups need to do 1 of two things.

1. Start simplifying projects to keep price down or
    2. Start finding ways to produce said item cheaper....it is doable just ask FP, oh wait these guys are directly related to FP....ho hum.

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    No, I am not. Mine post was a preemptive. Because soon it will get turned into one of those.

For my own personal opinion, since everyone's already talking about the price: its fair. Stop looking at the exchange rate. That ain't Maketoy's fault. 7700 Yen, when it was just a few months ago, would have been 89$ USD.

And that would be quite reasonable for something with this level of playability.

Blame the US economy.

11. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    I'm expecting my RtS Prime TODAY! Any time now, actually... Interesting this drops on the day I get him. I expressly got him for THIS! Hopefully, when this releases, I have money... or he's around until I get some.

You haven't been paying attention then, huh?

Behold...
    [​IMG]

As far as I can recall, this approximates the original's. The guns on the front can be mounted (or maybe swing up) into position on the swing out sides...
    [​IMG]

There's also a missile launcher mode:
    [​IMG]

Simply, yes, but they are designed in.

I really hope you're right. Right now, I don't have any money, but expect some in an indeterminable amount of time that could be as early as January (perhaps sooner)... Might try to borrow it, as I did for RtS Prime. Thing is, I've already missed out on at least one FP Insecticon... At least from where I'd get him, as TFSource has him showing "Sold Out". Hopefully, a 3 pack comes out when I have this money I'm due.

I'm expecting 3rd Party pricing, but am hoping for FansProject Pricing... I refuse to define either, as not to give them ideas...

12. bestbuddy09

bestbuddy09 Well-Known Member

$100.00+.... I like the way this is looking. It sound to me I should say with MOTU line.

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Ya $89 seems pretty reasonable but what happens when this thing comes overseas and is effected by the BBTS prices.

Going by past BBTS price hikes that the community seems to find completely justified the price should be, after factoring operating costs, $20 additional overseas shipping per figure costs and employess wages.

BBTS will be selling this for about $130-$140 woot woot. But thats completely fair because this is a simple 3rd party item and BBTS pays double the rent and employee wages than the rest of America.

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Btw, for the record and for those who has no idea about exchange rate changes due to US failing badly:

If this was released at the same time as FP Protector, it would have costed about the same in USD. (provided the original exchange dollar being Yen).

Could this be cheaper? Maybe? But some prices that people want are just not practical.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    You are right. unfortunately, until the dollar gets stronger, we are stuck at base of 100$. And then retailer can hike it up like you said. So we may very well be stuck with 130$.

I am gonna look for ways of ordering more directly if that's what BBTS end up charging. But for some reason, while BBTS charges profit, it seems like they are relatively not affected by exchange rates for some reason.

16. SamiKai

SamiKai Well-Known Member

Don't leave TFSource and the others out of this equation. If you're going to pick on one pick on them all. TFSource (How much did the resell of Shadow Scythe go for on their site???), Toy Arena (Anyone need FP Munitioner/Explorer for $199?), and many others do this as well. You can always go to Ebay.

17. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    That head, if it were offered by itself, would be enough to sway me to buy the mold.

18. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I'm curious as well, but I don't think any of their products are available yet. At least, I haven't seen Bomber & Hover anywhere (Powerglide and Sea Spray mini bots).

I have to disagree with you on this point. It seems to me the only ways to decrease price without simplifying design would be to increase the quantity being made (which usually costs more at the outset) or use cheaper materials.

If they're a small shop - and I'm guessing they're smaller than FP - then they may not have the funds to order in a large enough volume to get the production cost lowered. And I'd rather not see these companies use cheaper plastics. I picked up a Sonicron and while I think he's a cool toy, the plastic feels cheap and brittle. I wasn't too happy that I paid $60 for something that feels like it could fall apart because of a strong breeze, and would gladly have paid an extra $20 for a better quality plastic.

That said, $100 doesn't sound too bad to me. I'm figuring it's about the same size as Protector, but if it actually has added electronics and a similar build quality, I think it's a pretty reasonable price.

Also, count me in with those who want to see more details on their Builder bots. :) 

19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the biggest problem now isn't the price of the items, it's the sheer quantity of desirable 3rd party items coming out in a shorter span of time than they used to. I've pretty much convinced myself to not buy "full figures" that Hasbro may very well do someday (Warbot, Insecticons, etc.) and only upgrades (though I may get Imapctor since I don't trust Hasbro to do one). Even then, only some of them. A couple years ago I was getting them all (though there weren't nearly as many). Right now my priority will be getting the G1uppers Menasor upgrade. The G2 Prime trailer is probably going to be second. It will all depend on when they're released in relation to each other.

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, as you stated, this is the new reality of things. Looking for cheaper alternatives and new shops to buy from may be the only option at the time.

In all fairness, I only point out BBTS because the new trend is they post first and the rest follow. This is done because when TFSouce posted first they were $10 cheaper than BBTS and when BBTS posted the price for the same item TFSource increased their price. This happened with Encore Devi preorders.

So yes, all the NA groups are guilty of the cash grab but BBTS is the Father of this all.

I'd agree with you except for the little fact that FP prices have ALWAYS been the lowest, even when they first started. As in when they were a small company like the rest.