Make Toys Masterpiece Coneheads (Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ZEGR, Oct 22, 2017.

1. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They both look really nice, just different. Did you upgrade the hands on the YM with KFC's seeker hands?

2. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nope, those are the stock hands on the YM.

And yeah, both look good on the shelf. Articulation sucks on the older MP-11 molds but they still look decent. The Maketoys version is so much more poseable and has some "conehead" details YM didnt capture though, like the dual chest vents- but I also like some of the detailing on the older mold as opposed to "toon" bland as well. But given how close the prices were at retail though, it'd be an easy choice for me, as I'd pay an extra $20 for the maketoys- I'm sure the YM versions go for less on the secondary market now though so that part isn't necessarily valid now, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Be carful about letting that mini dirge get near the golden lagoon, otherwise he might take his inspiration to the next level.
    2358F792-B5E9-47EF-A2B6-E3AA55130742.gif

• Like Like x 3
  4. p1akuma

p1akuma Member

Does anyone else have an issue where his ankles keep wanting to snap back into neutral position from a slight pivot?
    There’s a bizarre tension issue with mine where itll only really hold in extreme pivot... anything less will slowly slide back into neutral

5. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Not that I recall. Do you have the toe extended?

6. p1akuma

p1akuma Member

Yep. It’s mainly affecting his right foot. The ankle pivot seems to be on some kind of unintended detent where it won’t hold unless it’s complete straight or at maximum pivot.

The waist on mine is a bit looser than I’d like as well. I may have just received a dud.

7. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure we'll get the last 2 as well. I don't even really look at the prototypes as an indication as to if we'll get them seeing as they're all the same figure apart from the wings. I think it depends mainly on whether they can afford to run them through production or not.

I'm happy with all the MT seekers I own, including Endgame so I really hope they do get them out in 2020

• Like Like x 1
  8. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd just like to see something that indicates that things are happening behind the scenes. Painted prototypes, coloured images, anything like that.

Their website still has Endgame as a pre order, so it's totally not up to date and can't be relied upon. Their Weibo and Facebook are out of date too, so there's nothing to suggest that there's even an intent to get these done, and that is my concern.

I've emailed them, and also Kapow as the MakeToys affiliate for Europe, and currently no reply. Obviously MakeToys are off for CNY so I don't expect a reply until sometime the week after next, if at all. I expect Kapow to say they have no information...

9. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

The right foot on mine does this too, but it holds position under his weight when posed so I've not bother taking it apart to see what the issue it.

10. 4249david

Ebay:
    Reply from Kapow

"Hi David,

Unfortunately we have been given no updates on these as yet.

Mat"

Not surprised to be fair. It worries me a touch more though... not even their affiliates have anything remotely helpful. It looks like the only people who know anything at all is MakeToys themselves

11. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

I stopped paying any attention to their site even before they had that "closing down" sale. The last real communication that came from them was on their FB thread for Solarflare I think, plus a few additional posts here and there.

Kapow I don't think are the exclusive UK affiliate with Maketoys either anymore. I never did think it was good business sense for Maketoys to only allow one retailer to sell their products, as it reduced the amount of competition on prices - they'd have been better off selling to any retailer who wanted to resale their stuff.

Don't get me wrong because I would love to see some coloured renders as well... We certainly won't get them until after the CYN and even then I wouldn't hold breath that they'll come soon.

Hopefully MT will make an appearance at the next TFCon?

• Like Like x 2
  12. 4249david

Ebay:
    Don't know how recent they are, or if they've been up before, but @bababobo00712 has both MTRM16 and MTRM17 up for pre order on eBay.

Does Baba know something we don't?

13. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

My seller has had them up for preorder for weeks. Doesn't mean they're imminent (unfortunately).

• Like Like x 1
  14. 4249david

Ebay:
    Ah, fair enough. I just recall that Baba doesn't usually put them on eBay unless he's getting stuff in.

Perhaps they've just been asked put them up to gauge interest? Not that I think that'd be accurate given nobody's likely going to pay in full on eBay right now if they are a year or more away, based on only having grey prototypes currently. This might not even be an accurate guess anyway!

Back to (im)patiently waiting then...

15. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    We can hope, lol.

16. 630509

630509 RuptureFarms dismembers

He's had those pre-orders listed for almost 2-months. It's just to get a basic idea of how many to get from MakeToys once they become available.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 4249david

Ebay:
    Ah, fair enough. Hadn't spotted them before and optimistically thought it meant something.

18. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

I got my Endgame last week and luckily, not a single issue. I guess they save all their QC issues for crowdfunded stuff :)  Fingers crossed the rest of the team gets released! I really want Thrust, I always thought he was most interesting looking conehead!

• Like Like x 3
  19. bababobo00712

bababobo00712 Active Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    very sorry! Didn't get accurate news! In the current situation, it will definitely be postponed. All factories and enterprises have not resumed work. Even if they resume work, it is difficult to achieve the expected production efficiency in a short time!

• Like Like x 3
  20. leus

leus TFW2005 Supporter

SharpSaneHarborporpoise-size_restricted.gif

• Like Like x 1