Make Toys Masterpiece Coneheads (Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ZEGR, Oct 22, 2017.

1. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

My advice is get these guys when they come out or you will be seeing crazy prices like Skycrow and Lightning.

• Like Like x 4
  2. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

For sure. Maketoys probably can't pull the scratch together for a new run of the original three.

3. Enewtabie

Enewtabie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Looks great. I think I'm on board. I missed Skycrow and I need a Meteor for my combaticons.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hero

Hero Well-Known Member

Yep. Glad i didnt get the TT versions. Had to apply the ol’ nail polish trick on some of the tabs but overall, happy with the purchase. Just 2 more to go....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Goregrinder

Goregrinder Well-Known Member

people are pretty nuts in the official MP threads. takara can get away with releasing figures with more QC problems than even KFC, and kibble that would get any third party laughed out of the room, but the fanboys will still defend them to the death. people were going nuts in the black convoy thread talking shit on the third party MP optimus options because people were saying black convoy is too expensive for what it is. they managed to spin it to be bad that TE-01 has no kibble because it makes it look like a non-transforming toy. totally insane.

I'm really looking forward to the maketoys thrust. I'm not a huge fan of the dirge colours, at least not enough to pay full price for it right now. I kinda wish i'd picked up the G2 colours screamer when it was on super discount, just cause I don't have a MP starscream at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just had a reply saying not to expect it this side of Xmas! Pretty pissed off that a MakeToys affiliate will be getting stock later than Joe Public... actually wondering whether to cancel my pre order and get it from TFS-Express if they're going to have it sooner

7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah even TCP is pretty quiet on this.

8. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Yeah what is up? People have it in hand but no North American place even has it on the way?

9. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Welcome, and thank you for the honest assessment of the figure. It's disappointing that MT seem to be careless with the QC once again. That seems like further evidence they are not really coming back to the 3P TF game full force, and are just finishing up past commitments out of some sense of obligation rather than real renewed enthusiasm. This doesn't bode well for the QC on the two Headmasters many of us want them to complete. :( 

10. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

thats pretty laughable an offical affliate does not have these meanwhile everybody and there uncle billy has him

Still on the fence on these, QC is my biggest bug bare

• Like Like x 1
  11. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I still have my TT cone heads sealed. I don't want to deal with the numerous qc issues and it's to late now because I forgot which stores I bought them from lol. I double dipped on the Maketoys versions because to me, they look more like the G1 cartoon models.

12. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

I think that saying the tolerances are shit is borderline unfair. And to suggest that it’s frustrating to have to transform it correctly out of the box is something even the mighty FT are guilty of doing.

I had some horrible QC issues with Solarflare and Endgame is no where near this level of poor production, quite the opposite (for me at least).

Anyway, I’m not here to convince anyone either way - I’m happy with him... and nothing else matters.

Hope those of you who are getting him are happy as well!

13. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why might it be unfair? If they're bad, they're bad, right? Can it hold poses?
    Just because another 3P can't do something well either, doesn't excuse the first 3P from not doing it well. If transformation is an important factor to you, it's okay to have a high standard for it.

14. Goregrinder

Goregrinder Well-Known Member

so far every 3p tf, and almost every official tf, i've bought has been mistransformed to fit in the box smaller.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 4249david

Ebay:
    I threw caution to the wind. I've cancelled my Kapow pre order and gone with Omegalock (TFS-Express). He is already en route and arrives tomorrow. Cost me an extra couple of quid, although if I'd pre ordered from TFS-Express I'd have saved a fiver off that increase... the reason I didn't do this initially was because it was faff for £3 saving, I'd had it with Kapow for months, and they're the formal affiliate. Typical! :banghead: 

• Like Like x 1
  16. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

I always go with tfs but I was thinking they may not be stocking him for whatever reason. By the time they had him up for preorder, Id already paid Kapow in full. I wont be using them again.

17. 4249david

Ebay:
    Yeah, same thing here. Prior to 2019 I'd only used Kapow for MP36, with no complaints, and since then I've used them for others too, again without issues.
    When the Coneheads went up, and because TFS-Express had nothing on, and MakeToys affiliate was Kapow, I assumed that MakeToys pre orders were limited to Kapow. The pre order on TFS-Express came on in October or November, 6+ months later, so I was surprised to see it. Didn't bat an eyelid about keeping with Kapow though. This quirk has made me wonder what is going on though!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mick h

Mick h Fiery red head tfer

Always had good communication n no problems w kapow. Surprised to hear this. Sorry for delay.

19. 4249david

Ebay:
    Yeah, I have never had an issue with them, it's just this pre order that's disappointing. I'll admit I looked at TFS-Express first but they didn't have it, so I looked at Kapow.

I'm not throwing shade, or whatever the kids call it these days, as Kapow haven't given me cause to, I just want this before Xmas and for whatever reason they can't provide that. My pre orders for the other Coneheads remain intact.

Just wanted to make sure that wasn't in doubt.

I'd be interested to know why they don't have the stock in yet though...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Before I'm picked up on for anything else I add just know I'm not attacking anyone - I'm simply vocalising a view.

So to answer your immediate question: because it's not shit... I wouldn't even say it's bad. The hip skirts can pop off yes... it's the same design as the 1st 3 seekers so nothing we shouldn't at least expect here - mine haven't yet and that's all I can go on. If it were a bad figure, it'd be a bad figure and I'd agree, but it's not.

If holding a pose is what qualifies it as good or bad for you personally then, again, I'd have to say it's not shit because it does hold a pose - a range of poses actually. The arms hold. The legs hold a wide stance. The ankles are holding at a range of angles. The knees are fine and can get a really decent kneeling position. Photos of the Takara mold literally show 90% "A" stance poses.. maybe a slight leg turned outwards with a slightly bent knee (weight shifted to one leg). I'm not attacking them either - just using an example of what I've seen.

Not having any issues with tabbing either.

All I'm saying is "shit" seems a touch unfair for what this figure is. For me at least, it is of a very similar standard to Meteor, Skycrow and Lightning... all of which - again, for me - are of a good quality. But if you own them and thought they were "shit" then this too does fall into the category of "shit" but only if you thought that about the 1st 3 and that's an opinion you're entitled to have. Solarflare was "shit" in my opinion... this isn't... that's why I think it's borderline unfair.

As for "mistransformed" figures out of the box... I'm not excusing it... I'm just saying that it shouldn't be a contributing factor to calling a figure shit. Maverick - is it shit because we had to process a few extra steps when we opened the box? If I posted that in an FT thread I'd be hung, drawn, quartered and then burned for good measure.

• Like Like x 3