Mailing the Primus Box Home

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Lachoneus, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Lachoneus

Lachoneus Dinobot

News Credits:
    Has anyone ever had FunPub mail the box set home for them from the convention? What does it cost, or is it included in the price (as if it were an Iacon package)?

This would make it easier than shoving it in a suitcase...

2. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    They don't ship back for you. You have to find a service that will ship. Like USPS or If I'm not mistaken, theres UPS or fedex that ships from the convention.

3. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa. So did you get Primus?

I got one of the last Takara Unicrons and found his box was too big even for my smallest suitcase. So, I had to bring him as my carry-on. I swear he was the reason LAX security sent me through their full-body scanners.

4. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    UPS can ship out from the dealer room, but hooooooly crap, rip off. $90 to ship that box set GROUND. Not Air. Basic, slow ground.

5. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Definitely. Last year I shipped the box set from the Dolphin hotel's shipping center, and it cost me only $13. THIRTEEN DOLLARS! But when I asked the Sheraton this year, they said they just call UPS to get it, so it probably wouldn't have been any cheaper doing it through the hotel this time. Another strike against making Pasadena the default location...

6. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if it is location-related. I'm sure down around WDW, there must be alot of families shipping stuff and souvenirs home, so a discounted/low price would be ideal, considering how much most families are paying for their experience.

7. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Sekai no Hakaishin

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I shipped my set with the USPS that was across the street from the convention center......it arrived today.

8. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, the USPS store was just a block over. I was able to ship packages to my friends strait from there and we are talking 2 huge boxes for under $98.00 Priority with Confirmation. One box had 2 sets of everything and the other was full with All of the Botcon items. They got their packages yesterday and today. I was able to bring my things home in my carry on and in my checked bags this year!