Magnificent Mecha MM-02A (2007/ROTF) & MM-02B (DOTM) Optimus Prime (Masterpiece Scale)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, May 17, 2024.

1. KingSnarl00

KingSnarl00 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt they are swappable. Actually, I think we discussed this several pages back. My theory, the one I posted several pages ago, is that the there wheels in bot mode with the splits tab behind the other wheel in vehicle mode. The wheels that don't split ends up tucked in somewhere in robot mode. So in vehicle mode, think of it as two sets of wheels, one with the splits and one without. The splits wheels are connected together and the non splits wheels are connected together. There's a hinge for the non split wheels and they tab over the split wheels in vehicle mode. In robot mode, the non split wheels that are on a hinge fold up in his back or his legs somewhere revealing the split wheels. Sounds a bit confusing but that's my theory.

2. meisterman

meisterman i am in love with rotb

There’s not really any space for a hinge though. The real truck wheels are directly next to the split ones.

3. KingSnarl00

KingSnarl00 Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm, that's why I said it's a theory. True, they are directly next to them, that's what I was saying. The real wheels could tab into the split wheels in vehicle mode. And it could be possible there might be a hinge, a thin one made out of die-cast. Or the real wheels are connected to the wheel wells and when you move the wheels wells you also move the real wheels. I'm just throwing things out there

4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Typically, yes, but this ain’t a typical product. No 3P stuff is. They can do whatever they want.
    Stuck on there forever, just like in the movies.

• Like Like x 4
  5. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    I'm itching for updates on this guy. Don't think I've ever been so antsy over a 3rd party figure before

Oh my god I'd completely forgotten about that. Was that really for the MPM and not one of the 3rd party figures? If it was the official MPM, that would put the joke at over half a decade old

• Like Like x 1
  6. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    It was the official. Not to ruin the joke but he had zero promo pics with the guns removed so many thought they were permanent despite using different ports for each mode.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bweep

Bweep Well-Known Member

My only guess on how the dual tires work with this figure is with the inner expanding wheel be completely hollow on the inside and it just slightly expands out the 5 rims of the tire itself to just wrap over the one in front of it (like the front facing wheel compresses inside completely and the inner wheel with the expanding tires is like an open container that slightly opens just enough to make the illusion that it merges into a single tire with additional layering)and seeing that it's likely not gonna emulate the same system with BA Prime, i suppose that's the only plausible way i could see how they do that part with no partsforming even if it may suggest that it might

Last edited: Jun 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    U scared me for a second

9. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If BA did it years ago, I'm sure these guys can do it now. BA Prime's wheels are STILL amazing to me, and to see them work is so cool.
    That was a thing back before MPM6 came out. Just a stupid wild rumor that got out of hand.

• Like Like x 4
  10. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Black Apple is a superb designer

• Like Like x 3
  11. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Im curious, since ive never owned ba prime, but how well do those wheels roll. The mechanism seems genius and i cant imagine why any non budget oriented product woukdnt include a similar gimmick besides either stability or rolling ability

12. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    we really need updated pictures and info
    many of us are getting nervous
    first it was some small details in vehicle mode, then it was the head proportion, and now is the possibility of partsforming details

• Like Like x 4
  13. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    A superb designer makes turtle head.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wizardlizard714

Wizardlizard714 Lover of metal weirdos

Doesn’t roll very well but that’s mostly because of the springs, if you could push the wheels out from the back instead of using springs that would probably fix it

• Like Like x 2
  15. meisterman

meisterman i am in love with rotb

6 years ago, but still feels like yesterday lol. Crazy that we’re now completing the 2007 set this year (officially).

• Like Like x 3
  16. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Not well, but it’s never bothered me that much, since the rest of the truck mode is almost flawless.
    You can relax dude. If the perfect figure is a little less perfect, the world will keep on spinning.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Bweep

Bweep Well-Known Member

It would be pretty strange for them to not use the same mechanism but have it more simplified without having a spring compression system (to BA Prime's credit, it was pretty ingenious but at the same time, i didn't like fighting that part so much when transforming him), it would feel pretty nice to see the same concept with less parts but can execute the idea more effectively while also not feeling like a hand grenade in terms of construction

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    ok interesting. That could be a potential reason maybe? Otherwise i dont see why they woukdnt just copy that. But as wl said, seems to be an easy fix. Idk, food for thought ig.

19. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Well if those sections do partsform, makes that price all the more absurd lol.

• Like Like x 9
  20. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    no, if it isnt perfect it could be another half or full decade before the NEXT attempt
    hell im still waiting for a 3p to try a clean mpm starscream
    where is that?
    how many attempts and YEARS took aoe/tlk optimus, and the last one still have ankles that explode, and im not getting younger

• Like Like x 2