Magnificent Mecha MM-02A (2007/ROTF) & MM-02B (DOTM) Optimus Prime (Masterpiece Scale)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, May 17, 2024.

1. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Not sure if the grill turn into the abs. Besides the grill pattern being different, most transformation animations showed them as separate parts

We will achieve utopia when companies start putting the majority of the sleeper on the legs

That I liked, just wish the arms had more engineering instead of being basically the nose with a few mods

• Like Like x 4
  2. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I’m not even joking when I say a modified version of the DOTM voyager transformation will result in the best Bayverse prime of all time.
    IMG_5503.jpeg IMG_5504.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  3. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    If they can get the wheel positions, then 100%. That was my first movie optimus toy and oh my god that leg transformation was the most hypnotizing thing ever

• Like Like x 8
  4. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Then you got the japanese version which was fairly more competent. Even though the chest is fake it shows it is possible to achieve great proportions.
    800px-TF-DOTM-MechTech-DA-03-Optimus-Prime.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Might be a little dumb but cant u just take a drill and box cutter and make the windows real. I always thought i wouldnt mind fake frames to a real window.

fugg it imma do that tn

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cragglebot73

Cragglebot73 Well-Known Member

Just when you think BA Prime is probably the best version that is gonna ever be. Then... this guy. I swear the only way they can improve on this is if someone brings out a version where he can pull his guns out of his back like in ROTF. As long as the QC is there, this is just da bomb. I'll be the first person to ever to make this comment on any of the forums on this entire site, but now someone needs to do a Sentinel to match!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Lone Wanderer

I have immense disdain for this figure purely because I got one of the ubiquitous knockoffs that was a floppy mess that didn't hold itself together at all and couldn't even stand upright. Not the original figures fault, but when I see it all I see is red.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Greenlock

Greenlock Connoisseur of movie accurate Optimus Primes

I have immense disdain for this figure purely because in North America, there was no leader class for DOTM and this new mold came pre loaded with weird space stuff all over both modes. That’s the kind of thing you do for a wacky rerelease, not the first version of a new mold!

• Like Like x 1
  9. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    Pretty sure the canisters on the shoulders are the real air cleaners from the truck, if that's what you mean by shoulders

As for the shoulder pauldrons and the red parts on the back, what parts of the truck do those come from? They're both so deformed and colored in a way that you can't realistically say they're a single part of the truck, any more than you can realistically say what part of the truck the blue panels around his biceps or the ones on the insides of his lower legs come from. I don't think the red strips on the back are the fenders because they look absolutely nothing like them, and neither do the shoulder pads share details with any part of the truck, besides just flames

__optimus_prime_transformers_and_2_more__sample-06d404fad632f10588d41a85861ddcd4.jpg __optimus_prime_transformers_and_2_more__sample-395a0013e9f26c4b11708a9a60decdf6.jpg

The RotF Leader started the trend of using truck parts for both of those details, and for the time was a clever reuse of truck panels. But neither of them are actual parts from the truck, the same way most of the red in the forearms and blue in the legs aren't parts from the actual truck, so using truck kibble to inaccurately replicate those details is...inaccurate. The MPM using those parts from the truck is not even accurate, and with modern engineering, there is no need to use wrong kibble to inaccurately recreate robot mode details

If I were to be even more pedantic than I'm already being, I could say that this new one technically is more accurate, kibble-wise, by not using those parts from the truck. I even went to Youtube and watched all of his first trilogy transformations, and the rear fenders always fold up and disappear into his legs, while the red parts parts on his back and the blue shoulder pads appear out of nothing, just being random colored bits not from the truck

• Like Like x 14
  10. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Look man, I’m not arguing which is better or whether faux parts are better or worse.

I was just pointing out what the goal of the MPM’s designer was, that’s it.

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  11. MegaDeathPrime2001

MegaDeathPrime2001 Well-Known Member

this may be a hot take, but from the transformations i’ve seen… i’m not convinced the nose actually turns into his abs. i always see the whole nose form the arms and the ab piece sort of folds down from nowhere. but maybe i’m missing something

• Like Like x 1
  12. MegaDeathPrime2001

IMG_2803.png IMG_2804.png IMG_2805.png IMG_2806.png IMG_2807.png IMG_2809.png IMG_2803.png IMG_2804.png IMG_2805.png IMG_2806.png IMG_2807.png IMG_2809.png
    watching here, his red outer ab piece actually is a faux part. when he begins transforming, it emerges from beneath the front of the panels that make up the nose of the truck

• Like Like x 6
  13. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    The doors are horrible on the MPM and super fragile. That issue carried into the BA one too

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is also the most cheaty Optimus transformation in all 7 films. His entire front part of the truck just collapses to his dick and he forms giant wings that should be forming his legs.

• Like Like x 8
  15. oprime376

oprime376 Well-Known Member

This would work as a better reference as it is used as the base in the movies. Taken from one of the designers who worked in the 07 movie.

• Like Like x 8
  16. MegaDeathPrime2001

true, but if you look at his first transformation in the 07 movie a similar thing happens with the nose of the truck, it splits off into pieces to form the arms

• Like Like x 1
  17. orionpaxtfp2002

orionpaxtfp2002 Well-Known Member

As someone who owned the BA version I can confirm. The doors never shouldve been cast outta clear plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    During the bonecrusher scene the entire hood goes into his chest. And during the transformation in the rotf opening the front wheels float off the grille and onto his feet lol

19. Optitron98

Optitron98 Guy who loves blue and sarcasm

Ebay:
    It broke only 2 weeks owning him. Then the rear fender broke trying to transform and I lost all passion and hype I had for the guy.

If I get this, I'm waiting tk see what the QC is like

• Like Like x 2
  20. orionpaxtfp2002

orionpaxtfp2002 Well-Known Member

Oh mannn that’s really really bad :(  BA Optimus is hard to transform as it is without all of the QC issues. I ended up buying a KO MPM4 Optimus Prime instead which I’m very happy with. I would like to own MM02B and if their take on Bumblebee Movie Optimus is anything to go by, I’m all down for it but I’ll have to see a few reviews and feedback from those who have the figure in hand once Magnificent Mecha decide to release both MM02A and MM02B before I make any decision.

• Like Like x 1