Magnificent Mecha MM-02A (2007/ROTF) & MM-02B (DOTM) Optimus Prime (Masterpiece Scale)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, May 17, 2024.

1. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

They imagined the preorder money and caved

Also preorders are way more viable now they have a good figure out already

• Like Like x 3
  2. Willocrew

Willocrew Well-Known Member

What is the likely ETA on this?

3. e prime

e prime Chosen by the matrix

I would guess 1 to 3 years honestly. I hope sooner, but we will see I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    With the current team it is more likely we get MPM 86 first lmao.

-

Jokes aside, an MPM 2.0 would be truly competent against this if they accomplished a similar result with much less faux parts and the peterbilt ends up looking decent, i'm sure Sam and Tomo are cappable of something great. It would have another +1 point by having some kind of weapon integration for the ion cannons similar to the Buster - so you don't need to remove them when transforming like BA-

But it's unlikely IMO

Last edited: May 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  5. petaaa

petaaa Well-Known Member

There is no tab on the gun though…

I mentioned the kit but that should have been pre installed rather than the smooth palms as I stated

6. KingSnarl00

KingSnarl00 Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying, but I hope there's no partsforming for this figure. We finally get another take on a Masterpiece Movie bayverse optimus from the 1st trilogy. If they can do all that with no partsforming and good quality and etc, etc, they will make some good money.
    If I have to take a lucky guess? I'll say late 2025 to early 2026. But who knows, it could be much sooner than that especially with them saying they have an estimated price. Of course, we shouldn't go on that, but it kinda gives us an idea of what direction they have for their figure.

7. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You will have an unfinished render and you will like it!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  8. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    MPMs can't compete with 3p masterpieces, let alone this figure imo

• Like Like x 7
  9. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    Writing was on the wall as soon as HasTak got lazy with the fucking cat ears on MPM BB Prime

• Like Like x 7
  10. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MPM has been rough from the beginning, yall just pick on the most fun example like all the early releases were not plagued with issues people bought modified KOs to address. Parts popping off, incorrect alt modes, MPM4 requires modification to transform right

The cat ears are not even the biggest problem with BB Prime, it is the wrong truck entirely. But at least the flaw is obvious and not a nasty surprise when people receive their preorders, and while I do not personally have it I get the impression the people who got past the aesthetic issues enjoyed it. And for being the wrong truck, I still think it does a better job of looking like the robot than MPM4, which I am not sure beats the ROTF Leader for silhouette alone. And silhouette can go a long way, it is what has us all excited about this new Prime.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    HasTak MPMs are lower budget figures compared to traditional MPs, even 3Ps have already surpassed them design-wise. But it's pretty convenient how people leave out the price of MPMs because MPM-4 was $109.00 USD RRP from what I could find, and this figure is going to be 1900-2000 Chinese Yuan, which is over $260 USD. Another one would be MPM-12 which retailed around $130.00 USD and MM-01 was $250 USD for the standard version.

UniqueToys figures aren't very budget friendly either. HasTak MPMs are somewhere between leader and MP budget, the 3P MPM standards are inherently higher because they're not restricted by corporate requirements and they certainly show that in their asking prices now. Personally I collect official MPMs, after waiting so long for WeiJiang OP to come out I gave up on it and decided to just wait on an original 3P mold.

There's a market for official MPMs and 3P MPMs. HasTak for budget collectors and 3Ps for collectors who don't want to wait for HasTak do make a certain figure and people who are willing to fork out more money for something more accurate. It feels pretty moot to compare two figures of different price categories, or rather rag on the cheaper option.

• Like Like x 15
  12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Plus BBM OP was a rush job due COVID, supposedly had a similar budget to an old leader class.
    Also it's easier to compare 3Ps to MPMs due the difference in budget and compromises but they've been barely touched the 1st trilogy outside this guy, i dare to say that UT skids and mudflap DON'T look better than the original deluxes and shows that they just can't work that well with real parts.

I don't think HasTak will make something that is on par with MM02 simply because they're different leagues, but as the years pass they can accomplish a very competent alternative at a much cheaper price.

• Like Like x 3
  13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I know the limitations of the MPM line, but it's fair to compare both, official and 3p, because they are offered as masterpiece style toys.

I collect MPM and they are displayed with my 3p Masterpieces, but you can tell which ones are official and which ones are not just by the design alone...

• Like Like x 1
  14. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Dumb question, and pretty unrelated aside from the brief mention earlier, but how exactly does one order something from Dino Model Shop on Instagram? They don't have an actual online storefront, do they?

15. MegaDeathPrime2001

MegaDeathPrime2001 Well-Known Member

if we could just get a GOOD MPM scaled trilogy Bee to go with this guy... I would finally feel complete
    (sideswipe too)

• Like Like x 3
  16. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Message him directly. Similar to a junkion exchange transaction here. You pay him through PayPal and he provides tracking etc.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Masked Terrorcon

Masked Terrorcon Well-Known Member

DM him on Insta and he will send you a Paypal invoice. He only accepts Paypal.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Something else to add, these later mpms have been really good. Blackout, bonecrusher and apparently brawl are all really good

• Like Like x 20
  19. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    I think the BB Movie prime is a blot in a long streak of really good MPs, hence why all subsequent 3p attempts for the like of ratchet, megatron, blackout etc are more or less direct copies. With the tools and data they're given and with enough passion (and maybe a bit more paint ideally) TT MPMs are the blueprint.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

Lmfao!!! Bro.. ur like the gif wizard lol!! I rip u off like 90% of the time lol.
    That’s way cheaper than MM01!! I wonder if they’ll be able to stick to that price!! I preordered 3, so let’s hope they do!!

Ayo, @Atomic Tofu where u at my bro??

• Like Like x 3