Magneto and the Transformers? Who would win?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ayjjhaysues, Jul 20, 2014.

1. ayjjhaysues

ayjjhaysues Member

So, me and my dad are huge transfans but had a debate about whether or not magneto could take them down. My dad said he most likely could take down atleast 50% but im a bit leary because its a totally different metal, but if possible, I say atleast 0-25%. We argued he couldn take down major ones like optimus and omega, but maybe little ones like Jazz. What do you guys think?

2. ayjjhaysues

ayjjhaysues Member

Okay nevermind, I found that transformers are made of durabyllium so fortunately magneto would lose.

3. Krommdor

Krommdor The Penance Stare

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not aware of his powers being limited to any specific metals. The Transformers are fucked. he could just pick them up, crush them, and then go transformers bowling.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Actually, I'm pretty sure he has no power over Adamantium, since otherwise he could operate Wolverine like a giant puppet.

But yeah, other than that Magneto would wipe the floor against all of Cybertron, basically. Hell, in DoFP he lifts an entire stadium purely through levitating the rebar within the concrete and at another point he's able to move the Blackbird jet (read: something with the size and mass of ROTF Jetfire) around without much trouble. Living robots made out of a metalic substance would be but putty in his hands.

5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Nope

[​IMG]

Likewise, imagine this but with Transformers

[​IMG]

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    A: In a strong enough magnetic field, EVERYTHING can be affected.
    B: Adamantium has been shown time and time again to be ferrous (able to be affected easily by a magnetic field). Magneto often throws Wolverine around and has even ripped the adamantium from his bones in the comics.
    C: In a fight, it would all depend on the a few conditions. I believe it has been shown that Cybertronians are ferrous; in AoE Lockdown uses a magnetic field to suck them up among other sources. So it is presumable that Magneto could affect them. The problem against him would be numbers. Let's assume a Cybertronian is more dangerous than a Sentinel. Magneto has taken on dozens of Sentinels at once. There are easily that number of Cybertronians and more. So if it's just Magneto vs Cybertron, he'd be overwhelmed.

But if Magneto has a goal to exterminate the Cybertronian race, he'd use his head. As has been mentioned, he can affect things the size of the largest Cybertronians so any specific Cybertronian wouldn't be an issue. So using strategy and strategic attacks, Magneto would pose a very large threat to the Cybertronian race.

Now, that said, there are some very good strategists on the Cybertronian side too. So I think in a conflict, the Cybertronians, specifically the Autobots most likely, would likely win but Magneto would pose a very serious threat.

7. smkspy

Though Sniper Perceptor with a plastic bullet versus first movie Magneto= equals a dead Magneto.

8. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Throughout his long history with the X-men Wolverine has always proved useless against Magneto. Even in the movies it's quite comical to see how quickly and easily Magneto downs Wolverine.

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    How would Magneto do against an empty Pretender shell?

10. MegaRoadbuster

MegaRoadbuster Well-Known Member

Wow, could you imagine Magneto destroying Cybertron with his bare hands?

11. TheSpartanD

TheSpartanD Minicon Orphanage Owner

I could, now imagine Magneto destroying Unicron at the same time.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I could see Magneto actually snuffing out many Transformers.

13. Krommdor

Krommdor The Penance Stare

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ has never read an X-Men comic

lol, but kidding aside, I have to say I only think of comic Magneto. Movie Magneto is.. not really the same to me in concept or power. Still they did give him a lot of fun stuff to do in the films. I liked when he pulled the extra iron out of the prison guards blood. Things like that.

By the time any of the brilliant cybertronian minds get around to a real remedy (if at all).. Magneto would have cleaned house pretty well.

14. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Even if he couldn't control their bodies, magnetism has a great effect on electricity. So the Transformers would lose.

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Wow, that is a completely different scale of power. Remember that Earth itself has a high concentration of iron and Magneto can't destroy our world. So he wouldn't be able destroy Cybertron just because it has a metal surface...

16. smkspy

Considering Magneto has been able to affect/reverse our magnetic poles, just imagine the effect he could have on Cybertron since the entire planet is metal.

17. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh, if it's published by Marvel, Magneto would win. By IDW, Marvel wouldn't allow a Magneto a loss, possibly a draw.

Like Wolverine beating Lobo "offscreen", this would come down to the writer.

18. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mAGNETO

19. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Magneto would probably kill a lot of Transfomers, but eventually somebody will shoot a non-bullet type gun from a far enough distance, probably laser, and kill him instantly.

20. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

He did it to Wolverine on few occasions. Keeping Logan in place, forcing his claws to retract or even tearing adamantium out of his body.

Technically Magneto's powers should work only on ferrous materials, but he was also shown with ability to generate EMP pulses. So he's basically armed with something like null ray or electroblaster.

He'd probably kill a lot of transformers but in the end one of them would finish him with some kind of long-range gun. They are more numerous than Sentinels, smarter, much more agile and even technology level is a bit higher.