Magic: The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014/MTGO and Magic in General

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by mrhillz, Jul 9, 2013.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I can't be the only person who bought this and plays the actual card game in a lot. Anyone else get Duels 14 on any platform?

2. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Got it on PC. Not sure I love the campaign just yet, and beating the white Human deck on the highest difficulty with only two crappy decks at my disposal seems nearly impossible, and almost maybe a ploy to entice someone to buy a deck unlock? Even on the medium difficulty it seemed quite the challenge in comparison to the difficulty ramp in 2011 or 2012.

Sealed Play is interesting but the inability to reset a card pool entirely is disappointing. Nothing quite like getting stuck with two Door to Nothingness and no material to make such a deck reasonably work. Luck of the draw means some scary things are definitely possible, like my brother's mono-black deck. So many Tortured Souls and Distresses...

3. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step.

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I might get it, gonna wait and see if it maybe hits the Summer Sale.

Growing up, I always preferred sealed play. Constructed almost always came down to who had/spent the most money.

4. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I'm just a bit disappointed that there isn't some sort of booster draft too. I'm hoping for EDH/Commander in next year's game.