Magic Square Toys Legends Optimus Prime 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ShylockZeuss, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Huub

Huub G1 - Magic Square nerd

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    My bad, changed my post, it's about Prowl.

• Like Like x 1
  2. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Yes, I am quite certain. The vehicle mode grill has a small horizontal line near the bottom. You can see that it separates there for transformation. The top part of the grill then rotates so it sits upside down in robot mode.
    You can see that the bottom of the grill in robot mode matches up with the top in vehicle mode. It's gonna be an interesting information, and definitely different from MP44.
    Excited to find out more!

prime1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Me still waiting for MPP44 from WJ with initial fixes:[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Man... can we get MP scaled MS stuff again? I'd buy a redux of Light of Justice based on this engineering!

I'm pretty sure I will never get into Legends scale stuff that's like 2x as expensive as CHUG stuff. It's amazing, but relative to MP it's a horrible value.

5. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice observation. It will indeed be a very nice transformation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lebaton

Lebaton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, NA's Facebook page started answering comments recently. They even responded to a suggestion for a Shattered Glass Ricochet saying:"Thank you for the information you provide us, I will have the opportunity to realize it!" So now's the time to make your dream come true

• Like Like x 1
  7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't all be shocked by this revelation I'm about to throw at all of you, but... this guy looks pretty good.

8. Easterburn

Easterburn Your friendly neighborhood Digibasher

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I waiting for 28" tall MP44 by Lewin Resources.

• Like Like x 4
  9. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:

Agreed. That's why I have four MS V1 Optimus Primes so far. I don't even think they know what they are coming out with as far as variants go.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I'll keep an eye out for that detail. Though I'll be honest, those hinges really break up the sculpt, much like MP-44. If you can use either parts, what I'll be looking out for will be the possible MP version. If they do it, maybe they'll shrink those hinges down. But that all depends on the chest window options anyway.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    I dig. Looks like a mini me MP44. Very nice. 

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheTornSideswipeFan

TheTornSideswipeFan Well-Known Member

At this point this is becoming "Reject Modernity, Return to Sunbow"/"Reject Superior Designs, Stay with MP-44" with this...

Alright, now that the ones against the design of the hyper toon are away, real talk, this is actually really interesting. While I know I've begun to feel oversaturated with the many Optimi on the market, this looks to be what I wanted MP-44 to be, and I really hope Magic Square will make this in the larger scale like their Light of Freedom because this one, THIS design could even beat Transform Element's Optimus! Between this and Newage, I might get both just to see which one really nails the landing whenever Newage actually does something with that digibash I've seen going around, but honestly I'd wanna see them tackle other characters (Please give us a decent Legends Sideswipe Figure outside Iron Factory, third party...)

13. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

I dont understand, due to the nature of it looking like X the techniques have to be found, the chest is real, its just not necessarily the front of the truck, if you like how both modes look why would you care what piece came from where? As for MP-10.... well your statement is confusing given that MP-10 also came with a "faux" grill which was underneath the truck which became his abs.

Hopefully theres enough variety out there now for you to find your preference.

• Like Like x 5
  14. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    Damn, my bad writting haha. First and last version I mean.

15. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    You described pretty well, that's why I'll buy only the first and the last version. I'll be strong this time. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  16. LeoJ

LeoJ Well-Known Member

I wonder if those roof lights will fit with the ab pieces tho

17. DoctorAlgy

DoctorAlgy all your Primes are belong to us

True, calling this Prime "fake-chested" is debatable as it uses the exact same window panes, only switching out its appropriate frames for its mode.

My thoughts exactly, I for one am glad NA and MS left that old "standard" in the dust. I love my MP10 to death and it's STILL a better figure than MP44 but MP-10 is just too outdated.

Glad they done away with that toyish head, awful rectangular chest windows, exposed wheels, and elongated grill with the new iterations.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Atharun18999

Atharun18999 Xantium Pilot

Glad the update doesn\'t retain the shrunken head design of the original. Always felt it was too small and looked comical

• Like Like x 4
  19. nobody1898

nobody1898 Well-Known Member

I think this is a little different. We've been lucky that 3rd parties get to fly under the radar but we know that TakaraTomy do not like KO companies. And this guy is really skirting the line between 3rd party and KO

20. TheTornSideswipeFan

TheTornSideswipeFan Well-Known Member

I should say this... The faux chest and grill for Prime has been a thing for awhile now, all the way back to Powermaster Optimus Prime's core body. Even Masterpiece-wise, MP-01 had a faux grill, MP-10 had a faux grill, and most Third Party Optimus Prime toys in the MP line save for Toyworld's Primorion and Magic Square's original Optimus Prime have had faux grills. There's actually been LESS Optimus Prime toys that have had faux-parts for the grill. Faux Chests, you mainly have the Powermaster Core, and MP-44. It's really not that uncommon, and while I can understand the disdain of the use of such parts, it's really not like these toys don't all commit one sin or another at one point.

If anything, the constant complaining about the faux parts in use feels more like a case of hypocrisy, since we've given MP-10's faux grill a pass and other toys like SS-38 not using much of the actual front truck piece in its final design get a pass, but not say... Earthrise, or MP-44 (Though MP-44 is a bad Prime figure by virtue of design flaws and quality control issues like that infamous knees, the paint, and various ways the toy can stress the plastic). It's become less about faux parts all around and more about faux parts being used sparingly or used in a way that feels expertly done or feels like such an afterthought, we don't really let it outright bring a figure down, like when you use faux-parts to simulate mass-shifting.

• Like Like x 6