Magic Square Toys Legends Size Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Megawillbot, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Charlock

Charlock Well-Honed Blender

Yeah, the larger shoulder cannon does look nicer on the HS figure, for sure. Unfortunately, I'd have to do some pretty significant modding to get it to attach.

It's probably possible. The HS head comes off its ball joint by just removing the screw from the head. The HS ball joint looks to be quite a bit larger than the MS ball joint (not really a big surprise). The more daunting aspect is popping the MS head off without breaking the ball joint. I gave it a little pressure, but backed off pretty quick because of the level of resistance.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Testicules Prime

Testicules Prime Well-Known Member

Looks like the metallic repaint is boxed with FRumble in a baggie. 4FB83C0F-58E4-42FE-857C-A1E669BFD87A.jpeg
    636F1385-62B3-4295-AB45-B1793C279285.jpeg

Picture of my sw/sb boxes, no red detailing in the shoulder cannon.
    9E55C62D-75E6-47B4-881C-71491A029F02.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Does it have Laserbeak, you know, the red spy eagle?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Testicules Prime

Testicules Prime Well-Known Member

This was the only picture the user posted. Pretty sure it’s face down on purpose. It was said to be a preorder bonus, not sure of who is actually included. That’s why it was a surprise to see they’ve got them boxed but haven’t given all the details...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Man, these pre-order bonuses are getting crazy. I hope it comes with Rumble AND Laserbeak, I'm not gonna buy a third Soundwave just for Rumble

• Like Like x 1
  6. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

2AA08D94-7640-4E50-92DC-6DB40248E36E.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  7. Megawillbot

If it wasn’t for the tiny missing part on Rumble, and the thigh screw shearing off, I’d say this was a cut above the official MP Soundwave

6EC0A994-EDA3-48EA-A199-1DA8619ABF96.jpeg

(The thigh still holds together well on its own though)

• Like Like x 2
  8. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

umm....so your seller has a new replacement in the mail already right???

• Like Like x 2
  9. Megawillbot

I'll ask, but no biggie if they don't

I've got a printer and screws, main problem would be getting the broken bit out

• Like Like x 1
  10. lilcarus

getting the screw out is the easier part. i can walk you through that half of the process.

also it might be easier to just cast up a new blaster part than it would be to print it. it is so small you could just do a tiny mold.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

F* MS-toys yet again! if not both, they better be including laserbeak! :mad:  and not randomly putting in any old cassette tape. like wtf is this continuing bs?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They said Laserbeak was a preorder bonus. What we didn't know was whether he'd include Rumble. Looks like he does, which means we're actually getting more than we expected. Not sure why that's upsetting?

• Like Like x 3
  13. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

you're making assumptions. i'm not... i just want MS-toys to stop dicking us around with these cassettes. if they include both, then fine. but if not then confirm with clarity what we will be getting, pre-order bonus or not.

i would like to place my pre-order if we get laserbeak. if not then i'd like to know before i put my money down. i don't think that's an unreasonable expectation. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's fair. I thought it was confirmed the preorder was coming with Laserbeak?

• Like Like x 1
  15. lilcarus

this really isnt that big of a deal.

a preorder is usually free or cost only 1 dollar that is completely refundable.

if it doesnt come with the extra bot you are hoping for just ask for your money back and move along. nothing out of the ordinary about this process or anything worth your psuedo rage with MS or whatever that keep cluttering up these threads.

you seem like a cool guy Tik. but these are getting a little redundant.

• Like Like x 3
  16. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

sorry but how is this NOT a big deal? this cassette fiasco has been here since the start. it may not bother you or some others who went all in and bought all 3 releases to get at the cassettes. but personally i'm quite peeved at this ongoing saga.

i was perfectly fine with this new metallic release and pre-order bonus of laserbeak sans any other cassettes. that way i get my soundwave with laserbeak, and potentially sell off my soundblaster with laserbeak to a friend that's interested. now this new image surfaces with it including frumble with no laserbeak in sight. i'll would be over the moon and ecstatic if in fact they instead go with releasing metallic in the same manner as the original soundwave with both cassettes, even though i have no care for autoscout, and laserbeak as the pre-order bonus. but until i see hard proof or official confirmation from MS-toys, i'm going to remain skeptical at this point.

and i've been buying all my purchases off eBay, as that has been the only reliable method of shipping to me during this pandemic. my one time purchase with a wait of over 4 months from ShowZ pretty much swore me off anything NOT shipped by eBay SpeedPak. i have over $8 in pre-order cancelled credit because i can't get reliable shipping from ShowZ, even IF i decided to pay a surcharge that they are currently asking. i'm even avoiding China ePacket on eBay, as that's been very bad too. so no one dollar refundable deposit for me, only full pop purchases currently.

so i don't see why you think my comment was redundant, as i'm just responding to new developments to this release. so yeah, you seem to be a cool guy too, but i also know we don't see eye to eye from past banters in other threads. but we are on a forum to have open discussions. you're entitled to your opinion and so am i, even if you feel it's pseudo rage. so if you don't like reading them, you are free to ignore them or me.

• Like Like x 3
  17. TFFan77

TFFan77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Soundblaster arrived today after well over 2 months... the funny thing about him is he looks closer in colour to my THF masterpiece than the Soundwave does!!!
    Good little figure as ever, although he seems a touch loser than my Soundwave.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Megawillbot

This you?

• Like Like x 1
  19. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

yeah and your point?

btw, this is also me… :rolleyes: 

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Snaku