Magic Square Toys Legends Size Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Megawillbot, Oct 10, 2019.

1. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    a) you're assuming ms listened to feedback and released metallic because of it. that i don't believe and they planned to release metallic from the get go. just like they did with prime.

b) added laserbeak again in response to feedback. again i disagree as they are doing it as a pre-order, not a staple for the release. yet again using incentive to sell more. sure maybe in some ways as backlash to soundblaster, but you make it out like it's out of the goodness of their heart.

c) what if's are just that... what if's. sure if someone skipped soundblaster, than maybe they'd be happy to get it as a second chance. but that doesn't make it right for those who didn't pass on soundblaster thinking it was their only chance at laserbeak. that's like saying it was a great thing that @LoserBroadside got his soundblaster lost/stolen, cuz now he gets to get soundwave and laserbeak he wanted. but that's assuming he was going to get a refund, and that ms was going to release metallic with laserbeak. both those circumstances was uncertain when he had his order lost/stolen. if he didn't get his refund from eBay, that would have been a double burn, since he would not have bought the soundblaster to be lost/stolen in the first place if he wasn't enticed to buy it for laserbeak.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Copper Age Collector

News Credits:
    I get that some characters just break the scale wall and reach the attention of an entirely new audience. Soundwave is totally one of those characters.

@TurtleCaps I own every Soundwave in that legends scaled list and then some. I never felt taken advantage of or swindled. I assumed Soundwave fans bought everything up, including the Soundblaster repaints. NewAge released six or seven Datsuns and I happily bought all of them. How many Soundwaves do you think NewAge is going to release? I’ll tell you right now it’s 4+.

It sounds like the distribution of the cassette bots is the biggest complaint. I knew I was getting at least two MST Soundwaves, so I wasn’t deterred. Buy now, sell later if something doesn’t belong in the collection any longer or a better replacement comes along.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Creedog

Creedog Well-Known Member

This thread is becoming like the menasor thread ... which is like 95% of the MP threads... people on the verge of “quitting” MS due to prices and selling techniques.

I wish you guys would just pull the trigger, and quit MS, instead of bitching daily (about the prices, mold re-use, and selling practices) in an effort to convince others to do the same. It makes these forums unbearable.

When Takara jumped the shark with MP-44 being $450, I walked away. Just do the same thing.

• Like Like x 6
  4. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    nobody is here to CONVINCE anyone to quit MS. ppl are on forums, groups, etc to share their experiences, thoughts and opinions. the good and the bad. so if you don't like it you can quit us, by not reading our comments… walk away. :rolleyes: 

just like you are welcome to complain about ppl ranting, ppl can vent about how they dislike how they feel duped into buying their shiate. ppl probably don't want to hear you complaining about them, as much as you don't want to hear ppl complain about ms. but here we are…

• Like Like x 2
  5. Creedog

Exactly. Luckily they’ll only have to scroll past my 1 message, versus me scrolling page after page, looking for someone who actually wants to have a constructive conversation.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Creedog

Toxic Fandom has destroyed the Star Wars community, is currently destroying the TMNT and MOTU communities, and in my opinion, has destroyed the Transformers MP community. It’ll be a sad day when the transformers legends community ends up like all the others.

but by all means, people need a safe space to bitch about toys that are out of their price range being out of their price range, or heaven forbid mold reuse... the very thing that makes these toys affordable, and which is literally in the transformers DNA.

• Like Like x 3
  7. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

the new color looks like WAY better. i was ok to except the cartoony look on legends scale but if i knew they were gonna do this, i'd have waited and i guess that is the point. they knew the first one looked really good....good enough but they knew this deco would cause people to double dip. the fact that they held up laserbeak to go with soundblaster or this one. makes me think this was planned on purpose. yes you had to buy soundblaster to get laserbeak...or just not have him...and get buzzsaw instead in the tapes pack (the g1 pack in that was rarely in the toon). so you either have to double dip on the soundblaster OR the new deco....either way - the get you twice! diabolical! lol. i really wish they'd have just released this first. now i got to decide if i want soundwave superior or keep the inferior original. already bought soundblaster for laserbeak mostly. lol. fack!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

Do we know if the metallic Soundwave has the two cassettes that the original version did, or if it's just Soundwave by himself? If the cassettes are included, do we know if they're metallic as well?

Do we know if the pre-order Laserbeak is metallic or not?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Creedog

I have been wondering the same thing. Is Autoscout included? And it would be great if the preorder laserbeak bonus was metallic or had a slightly different deco than the sb laserbeak.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    so if there's something wrong with the hobby that a lot of ppl agree is the case, we're supposed to sweep it under the rug and ignore it? quit the hobby, find another one? as opposed to having open discussion to maybe make some noise to perhaps effect change? or at the very least, vent a little to get it off your chest so you can feel a bit better at what happened and then move on and get back to enjoying the hobby?

and i for one have never said there's anything wrong with mold re-use. i'm all for it. personally i prob don't care to double dip too often. but hey if you or anyone else is more than happy to shell out X amount of dollars to collect each and everyone of NA seeker repaints, it's no skin off my back. NA gets it's money to re-invest in more production of future figures, and you can rewarded in the enjoyment of collecting and completing the assorted rainbow of colours of seekers. it's just not for me, or my budget. but even though i would have been perfectly fine with picking up one NA seeker mold, i ended up picking up all three original seekers just because it worked out to be a better value in my eyes being cheaper per figure as a set than buying the one individually. also i thought it would look better in the collection to compliment the set of three coneheads i ended up with as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    if their prime repaints are any indication without the trailers, i would think none of the repaints will have any accessories and it would be just the stand alone figure. laserbeak sounds like a limited pre-order bonus, and otherwise not a typical included accessory. it be cool if laserbeak was metallic to match the figure. it would definitely give incentive to those who bought into soundblaster to pick up this as well with less hard feelings.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ms-no_more.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  13. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What makes you think we're trying to get anybody to quit? Some of us are legitimately considering quitting/scaling back/whatever but that doesn't mean we're trying to persuade others. For me, venting my frustration on the board is often a kind of sounding board. Organizing my thoughts, getting them out there, and receiving feedback. For some reason, an awful lot of that feedback comes in the form of, "Myeh, stop complaining all the time!" but there will usually be at least a few people talking sense. I express my impatience and I get some solidarity with other frustrated people as well as explanations for why delays happen, and help putting things in perspective so I can see that it's not as bad as I think. I express frustration with prices and others will chime in with cooler heads, explaining how, while the price may be high, perhaps my expectations weren't as realistic as I had thought. And yeah, I get frustrated with the fandom sometimes too - I worry that all the badgering will chase ShowZ away from his thread or I see complaints that just seem altogether unreasonable to me. Honestly, I find the complaints of a metallic Soundwave unreasonable, but I still understand the frustration and I do my best to speak reason (or at least what I consider to be reason) rather than just go on the attack, which is completely nonconstructive. Also:

upload_2020-7-27_10-26-19.png

:p 

Yes, exactly this. In addition to venting, I also complain in the hopes that it'll bring about change. I've probably been too aggressive in the XTB Menasor thread, personally calling out ibot and all that, but there's always the hope that it'll help somehow. Also, nice use of "effect." So few people seem to get affect/effect right and even fewer get the verb form of effect right.

• Like Like x 3
  14. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the whole team of cassettes, and it didn't suck one bit because I always planned to get both Soundwave and Soundblaster. Like I don't get why people act like Soundblaster is a piece of trash. Its a cool looking deco! (I even have two of him, one stickered and one not! And before anyone asks, I already sold the extra Laserbeak to @lilcarus last month)

Yeah, he wasn't in the American version of the cartoon, but so what? That's not going to keep me from buying something I think looks nice. The new metallic one will be my 4th one of these, and if the SG one gets made, that's a 5th I guess.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Omegaonline

Omegaonline Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    haha. Yeah, I know. Weird huh?
    The red pearl actually is blue but with a very slight purplish hue...maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  16. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Oh, well, of course they are going to make a metallic Soundwave. No surprise there. Magic Square loves to do that.

And of course there is going to be another way to get Laserbeak besides buying Soundblaster. I never assumed that was the only way Laserbeak would get released. Why would I think that?

The only surprise to me is how surprised people are at any of this. Like you didn't see this coming.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  18. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Agreed, though it does have me wondering...

Has anyone else here seen the Headmasters?

I think it’s the weakest of the JG1 trilogy, but I wonder if it might’ve given me a little more appreciation for Soundblaster, besides the whole already having and still liking DX9’s Sonic Wizard.

I’ll also grant that you could just skip Headmasters and even MasterForce to just get on to Victory, the best of the bunch in my opinion.

So, while I’m perfectly happy with my Soundblaster, I might also be tempted by Shattered Glass Soundwave, or, better yet, just more Tape Teams! :thumbs2: 

There is no indication either way. ShowZ did put up a listing today, but it doesn’t even mention Lazerbeak, let alone Rumble and the Autoscout.

Still, I don’t expect the tapes to have a metallic paint job.

19. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I finally caved and ordered the cassette pack which showed up today. Neat little figures although they test my vision to really appreciate them. LOL That gives me everyone except Laserbeak but I'm not willing to buy another version of Soundwave metallic or black or otherwise to get that one tiny figure. I'm semi-tempted to try painting Buzzsaw red... on one hand, my vision is such that I might not appreciate how much i screwed it up... on the other, I'll still know if I do. LOL

Pity, too, because that mold is probably my favorite of the lot. The only wish I have after handling Buzzsaw is that they had figured out a way to make the neck articulated, but at this size, that's probably not reasonable. I'd probably rank Rumble/Frenzy next - bot modes at least. Ravage may be my least favorite. I like where they were heading but the body just feels too wide for me.

• Like Like x 2
  20. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Copper Age Collector

News Credits:
    The Headmasters is my favorite of the Japanese G1 tv series. I am very much looking forward to MFT completing their upscaled versions of all the Unique Toys Palm Series, I own all of those as well, Hasbro got me to buy all the main cast when they were released in Titans Return, as well as characters that briefly appeared in the show like the Duocons, and Clones. I just picked up Scorponok at retail last week. So, yeah, I'm all in on anything related to Headmasters with my biggest want being a legends scale compatible Raiden.

• Like Like x 1