Magic Square Toys Legends Size Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Megawillbot, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

HI. My name is Autobrat Leader. It's been four minutes since my last purchase. I hope to one day earn my 5-minute chip.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish I had that kind of restraint. A new figure comes out and I'm like, "Gimme! Gimme now! Faster!!!!"

• Like Like x 2
  3. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

tenor.gif

• Like Like x 3
  4. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

they are REALLY slow at responding, at least that was my experience with the Canadian store. took me a few weeks (over a month) to sort out my issue with my MMC ravage. they WILL eventually get back to you but expect long delays inbetween each response. if you want to expedite your response times, you might want to try to call them. but you're basically looking at an exchange i believe as they had no parts for me. so you have to eat the return shipping cost. hence why it took me over a month to resolve as i had to discuss the issue, mail it back and then wait till they processed the exchange and sent me a replacement. but it may be different in your case, dunno.

but anyway, the exchange i got was again was defective, but even worst. in the end i had to reach out to MMC for replacement parts. waited 2 months to receive it and the part was received broken in the exact same manner in almost the exact same area. so the timer has been reset again to receive another replacement part. :rolleyes:  this all began back in March! o_O :confused: :mad: 

5. TFFan77

TFFan77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Soundwave has just arrived from Showz:) :) ... before Soundblaster who was dispatched almost a week earlier!! Think I may have to chase that one up...

• Like Like x 3
  6. TFFan77

News Credits:
    A quick few pictures - will have more time to have a play next week once I get all of them out again from being boxed up.

1) Couldn't for the life of me get the end of his gun out - seems wedged in there good and proper. Anyone else had the same issue and if so how did you get around it?

2) Seems what you come to expect from MS. Very posable, the odd loose joint but nothing like I had on my Prime initially.

3) Frenzy/Rumble I actually really like, especially for the size. I appreciate in tape mode he's not perfect, but in bot mode I love it.

Be interesting to see how NA Soundwave will stack up when he's finally released.

Think he's slightly too big for NA Megatron IMO.. just seems to have more of a presence which arguably he shouldn't. Still looks far better than the DX9/Pocket Toys KO I reckon. 20200716_181127.jpg 20200716_181046.jpg 20200716_181028.jpg 20200716_181002.jpg 20200716_180943.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  7. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    I wonder if you could push a little dental floss into the gun to loop it around and pull it out.

I think NA Megs with the lower body upgrade makes him just a tiny bit taller, so that may help balance out your heights.

• Like Like x 3
  8. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Didn't someone say the handle was attached and one piece? Just move that forward I think

• Like Like x 6
  9. Charlock

Charlock Well-Honed Blender

It is attached. I was confused by this at first, as well. It seemed to work better for me when I left the handle folded "up" into the gun and pushed the whole piece out that way. It felt a little less like I was just going to snap the thing off.

• Like Like x 1
  10. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

Oh, you're not pulling anything out, you're supposed to push forward on the gun handle and slide all that forward.

• Like Like x 4
  11. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Ahhhh. I need to remember this for when mine gets here in 2022 :D 

• Like Like x 3
  12. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

i agree and i've expressed prev that he's too big. he scales even worse with their own prime which i posted about earlier in thread when i got soundblaster. :p  he's as tall as MS prime, but his head is much bigger so it makes him look bigger/taller. so yeah, he has too much presence in comparison in my books.

Magic Square Toys Legends Size Soundwave

now that i've had soundblaster for a while and went through the transformation into alt, i have to say that i'm really disappointed and let down even more. MS put so much fancy engineering into the transformation, only to get to a very incomplete alt mode. aside from the front facing part of the cassette deck which looks great and the control dials to one side, everything else is really no better than DX9 soundwave, and the back is worse than the DX9. it just looks too messy with all the open cavities and hands showing. :( 

i really wanted to love this figure. the bot mode is downright excellent. but the alt mode i feel just downright sucks. :p 

really hope NA offers a good soundwave that should scale better and hopefully will give us a GOOD alt, because i'm passing on MS soundwave.

• Like Like x 2
  13. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

i think it might feel like that because you are still using the old legs on that megs. with the updated legs it brings megs up enough to look perfect with soundwave. if you ask me.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  14. TFFan77

News Credits:
    Yeah I haven’t got round to changing the legs yet as he’s stayed in the box since he arrived waiting for us to move house. So hopefully next weekend I’ll finally be able to get them swapped over.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TFFan77

News Credits:
    Oh and i forgot to mention to anyone who’s interested... I actually received the stickers with my Soundwave which makes me think i may do with Soundblaster too as he was dispatched earlier.

16. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Cool! I only have 4 legends figures and the 4 in the first pic are the 4 I have. Looking good!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Kimosabi

Kimosabi Member

My Soundwave and Tape crew just arrived. I love the tape group. Their poseability is awesome! At first they seemed a bit expensive for the size, but the engineering is incredible. They really pushed what they can do with the tooling. I'm impressed they they were able to mold such small parts with little to no flashing (looking at you retractable gun barrels). They are super lots of fun.
    20200715_233435 (Large).jpg 20200716_143545 (Large).jpg

• Like Like x 12
  18. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

looking forward to hear your thoughts on megatron with revised legs in comparison to soundwave. but this still doesn't address the prime vs soundwave scale issue i'm having. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  19. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

lol...that must really be eating at you.

• Like Like x 4
  20. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

yes, and i guess each and every time i mention it here... it does the same to you! LoL ;) 

just waiting for the day i make it on your ignore list! :lol