Magic Square Toys Legends Optimus Prime 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ShylockZeuss, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Wh1tebase

Wh1tebase Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sooooooo, no trailer and extra hands?

Gaddemn

2. RascallyManx894

RascallyManx894 Well-Known Member

I think I'll go in on this release for the same reasons, already have the og release and the E release but I'd like to have that new head. Probably gonna swap heads and use the rest if the waterslide set from the og release to make the A version a toy deco. Although I'm still considering the 2023 release if the prices aren't too far apart.

• Like Like x 2
  3. magicube

magicube Legends Scale Collector

News Credits:
    I think the shape of the eyes is improved but I don't like the color. Its too close to the color of his helmet.

Super frustrating that they continue to not include the hands with this release. I don't understand why its such as issue.

Its also disappointing that this figure has had at least one release per year since 2021 and only two of those have been different decos. I have no idea why they are so hesitant to release more since this mold (or any Optimus) is a money printer.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's magic square so there's only like a 40% chance the reds will be the same with a further 15% chance they'll be close enough that it doesn't really matter and a 45% chance they'll be too different to reconcile. Why? Because magic square.

I'm honestly warming up to this figure a little. I really like silver pants on Optimus and I hate that the white from the cartoon has been interpreted as white when that's just how you draw silver in a cheaply animated cartoon. But I still think it's going to stand out against the unpainted nylon plastic of the red and blue parts and I hate that they're taking a step backward by making the windows solid instead of transparent (though at least they're going with a metallic paint on the windows which I think looks nicer than a flat blue and it does a slightly better job of approximating shiny windows reflecting the color of the sky). Anyway, I think I'll sit this one out and wait to see what the next reissue does. Would love a fully metallic version with transparent windows like we got with the v1 Optimus.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still hope they do one that’s fully painted like the last offering of Megatron. It really makes the details pop and helps everything look sharp and vibrant. Dare I say “premium” instead of cheap. I believe they did a fully painted MP version, why not do the same for legends?

I think at this point the only repaints I’d be interested in is fully painted matte or metallic. A metallic would look great with the metallic Megatron I have and still love.

• Like Like x 4
  6. IronMachine

IronMachine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with you. It was a long time wait for transparent windows ver, or metallic paint and then we get a version without a trailer ( at that time I needed a version with a trailer ). That ver is good but, I miss it cuz it doesn't have a trailer and then I wait for the reissue which I also miss because of the eyebrows :D 

Ikw this ver is not perfect either, but in these photos really looks good to me and I don't want to miss this chance even if better versions came out later.

7. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    wowza, this one’s a headscratcher- silver legs like the toy, no other premium paint, and i guess forgoing the clear windows because of that strategic paint failure….

8. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    so next will be the A+ release in a month or two, which will be exactly the same, but with the truck cab stripe added back, full complement of hands and trailer. then we'll get the A+ winter 2024 release that's the same as the A+ release, but they add back the clear windshield, but ditch all the accessories again and only supply just the bot. following that early next year we'll get the exquisite release that's fully matte painted, etc. etc. etc.

• Like Like x 2
  9. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    with all the combinations possible that they’re going to put out, everyone will have a chance at the exact release they want!

10. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

I mean, good on MS for keeping Primes on the market, even if it's through spinnibg the wheel on what combination of paint deco different parts of him get.

Sure would be nice if they did the same for other popular characters, like the two Con Waves.

• Like Like x 6
  11. deaculpa

News Credits:
    aaand in a first, eBay somehow has the first price on this guy….

IMG_2520.jpeg

12. RascallyManx894

RascallyManx894 Well-Known Member

That's seems about right.

• Like Like x 1
  13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Does any of the Optimus version/repaints that didnt come with trailer include the expressive hands?

14. Huub

Huub G1 - Magic Square nerd

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Only Nemesis Prime, as far as I know.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jayson Julander

Jayson Julander Active Member

I recently picked this little guy up, and he is awesome! I ordered the first release with the painted windows, but when it arrived it is the version with the clear windows. It might be a long shot, but, does anyone know if I can get a set of replacement chest pieces to have the painted windows? If so where do I need to go to find them? Thank you in advance!

16. Rem48

Rem48 Well-Known Member

It sounds like someone sold you the 2023 version when the pictures were for the version before that. Where'd you buy it from? Talk to the person who sold it to you and tell them that's not what you ordered.

You can still find the version you mistakenly bought straight from Magic Square's website: MS-B46 Light of Victory (Ver. 2023) – Magic Square Toys
    It's funny, because just noticed they raised the price on him. Had been selling him for $64 or $67 for at least 5-months. If you paid significantly more than what MS is selling him for, definitely get a refund. If that's the version you end up sticking with, no reason to overpay. Brand new. Straight from the source and if you have any issues, they'll take care of it.

You can find used versions of the one you want with painted windows between $80-$90 and there are still listings of new ones from $108 and up. MS-Toys MS-B46 Light of Victory OP. G1 2.0 Version with Repair Station | eBay

A little cheaper at Ali: In Stock New Transformation Toy Rubik's Cube MS-B46 Light of Victory OP Commander G1 Version 2.0 with RepairStation ActionFigure - AliExpress

In Stock New Transformation Toy Rubik's Cube MS-B46 Light of Victory OP Commander G1 Version 2.0 with RepairStation ActionFigure - AliExpress

Some of the Chinese sellers on eBay will often put pictures of the wrong version. Gotta make them verify which it is, before you pull the trigger.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Jayson Julander

Jayson Julander Active Member

Thank you for the information!
    I thought I had researched and looked around enough to feel comfortable ordering the one I got. I contacted the seller and requested a refund. I’ll definitely look directly from the source, from now on.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Arcflash81

Arcflash81 Well-Known Member

He's only $39.99 on the MS site.

19. deaculpa

News Credits:
    probably 53 shipped.
    48 with free shipping at @ShowZStore

20. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

Hello
    How do I place the bigger smokestacks on Optimus Prime’s shoulders?
    The default ones are so hard to remove and I’m afraid to break the thing
    Lol image.jpg