Magic Square Toys Legends Optimus Prime 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ShylockZeuss, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Testicules Prime

Testicules Prime Well-Known Member

Fortunately it was just a mixup, the sprue of hands are supposed to be included. Hopefully everyone else has theirs show up complete. I wouldn’t be surprised if this turns into a common occurrence though, I’m thinking the hand sprue ships separately from the box since it can’t fit inside...

2184807C-73DC-4A07-8C31-696AD8A07EB4.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  2. ChillinInTheForums

ChillinInTheForums Content Creator

Instagram:

• Like Like x 7
  3. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    So for the record, they did v1 in regular, black, white, and metallic? They don’t go all nuts like NA and release every mold in gold and clear? MS does one version of their gestalts, shockwave hasn’t received a repaint… I wonder why.

4. Huub

Huub G1 - Magic Square nerd

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They gave v1 more color ways than regular, black, white and metallic ;) 
    Don't know why, maybe it's just not their forte, maybe because of the nylon plastic.
    I don't mind tbh, less waiting for a new mold.

reduced-image_16506_4_1577812634.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, they also did Shattered Glass and Ghostbusters. But yeah MS just doesn't bring the colors like NA does. And even when they do, they don't do much to differentiate the releases. Like their G2 Sideswipe was just a straight up black recolor with recolored weapons from their Sideswipe/Red Alert versions rather than the unique spiked shoulder wheels and guns that the actual version had (which MFT remedied when they made their OS version) Or their Reflector, I think the MS version is the better design, but NA's diaclone deco blows it away with the shinier paint and actual unique heads. (Which is why I always suggest, if one's looking for a Legends Reflector and can't decide, do both, MS toon and NA toy!)

Its funny though, we got various Optimii, and we actually did get a Soundblaster as well, but there are a lot of easy, obvious redecoes they could do but don't. But they actually also do give us unexpected decos that no one has done, like SG Cyclonus and Blue and Yellow Trailbreaker. Which coincidentally they had no competition at the time for those figures. Even v1 Optimus I would say had virtually no competition when those decoes came out. I mean, there were other legends scale Optimii out that had been previously released, but small head notwithstanding, it was definitely a newer, more mini-MP design that the ones before it.

But yeah since its not their forte, maybe they're willing to go all out when there's not a lot of competition, otherwise they might not recoup the cost. Like I bet we don't get nearly as many Optimus v2 decoes as they did with v1, especially since NA has released a dozen redecoes already, so the market is already saturated. Though they don't have any competition in the Perceptor department, so I'm shocked there's no Magnificus deco, but I guess MFT has that covered.

• Like Like x 2
  6. deaculpa

News Credits:
    I’m thinking about mft magnificus because he’s slightly taller, although I’d not care for the lack of a face plate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    I'm gonna ask to ShowZ about the batch with the roller... I'm tired to wait with the PO full paid since almost a year. And I don't like "bad vibes" because of the toys. :lol 

8. datterboy

datterboy Autobot Loyalist

Ebay:
    I ordered mine from Bababobo and then put away my V1. I'm thinking of taking the V1 back out because I have no idea when the void will be filled. Newage is capitalizing on the lack of competition releasing repaints and versions every other week. MS needs to get this out before everyone blows their financial resources on NA's David offerings.

9. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In one vs the other MS does everything right where NA has some awful design choices they went with so I think it would be easy to wait for MS if that's the one you like. I know I dont feel an urge to gotta get a prime! so NA will fill that gap. I did however get the nemesis version coming though.

10. datterboy

Ebay:
    I've got an NA Prime and he is cool and all, but I think MS 2.0 is going to eclipse it easily. Even with NA in hand, it does not do much to quench the anticipation. The double chest is fine, but the loose fit for the under chest, the mermaid tail and horrible feet look of the truck bed, and the shape of the legs (it is not bell bottom enough) keeps it from being great IMO. I feel NA David will go back in the box once MS 2.0 comes unless I want a truck mode on display.

11. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the ab pieces below the chest are loose, you can fix it by making the the matrix chamber/ bumper is fully tabbed in on the mushroom peg that holds it. It’s common for that part to be looser than it’s supposed to be out of the box and causes things to not align 100%. Once it’s pegged in all the way and everything aligns correctly, the ab pieces under the chest will be more secure. I had to do it to a couple of Primes out of the box and it makes a big difference.

• Like Like x 1
  12. datterboy

Ebay:
    Have done this and struggled with it multiple times and have never gotten a great or perfect fit. I am beginning to believe it has more to do with the tight specs around the armpit/back/shoulder rotation of the upper pieces that manage the arm pieces pushing it down. I also have the Ultra Magnus NA of this mold and it the under chest fits perfectly. At this point, I prefer the UM David mold over the Classic for all the areas I mentioned but even with that, I still believe the MS 2.0 engineering will be better in all areas (material/paint discussions aside).

13. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Got the Nemesis 2.0 in this weekend and it is pretty fabulous. Don't mind the non-transparent chest on Nemesis as much as do on Prime. Great joints, clean nylon edges. Just a few "non-matte / oily looking" spots. Couldn't put it down.

7CE4BB72-780A-410B-BB56-D803B82A6580.jpeg 9DFD37B8-E850-4DE9-8984-01362907910B.jpeg 87ABABE5-493A-4C5A-BF76-EFCB1B43CA2D.jpeg 140617FB-5547-428A-8612-C52290C2CECB.jpeg 674A1634-38F9-42B5-899A-3AE9DB74C9AB.jpeg

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  14. er4smiths

er4smiths MP Grimlock v2.0

News Credits:
    He’s a gem. This mold is shaping to be the best G1 Prime to date. I actually prefer it over MP-44

• Like Like x 1
  15. deaculpa

News Credits:
    This photo is all I need to know they aren’t making a clear window version. Taking bets.

@chuckcjc did you also have the regular 2.0 version or is this your first? The mold is quite fab…

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. sRKI

sRKI Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. deaculpa

News Credits:
    Anyone else having a bitch of a time with these?
    Help?

195DF8C0-3780-4A8F-B22B-146DE82CA05D.jpeg

18. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    yessir!

DB6F0496-4052-4DE1-BAE1-515621C1BCC2.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  19. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    This is my first 2.0. Not digging the red on the initial 2.0 release, but this black plastic is pretty good. The silver paint definitely helps, and his joints are perfect.

Still would have prefer all the black to be painted like the NA version, and to cover up the “non-matte /oily looking” spots, but can’t have everything. My copy didn’t have any really bad nylon flash issues that needed to be trimmed.

Matrix seems to be the wrong color. It teal core still looks good.

Very interested in a premium V2 red Optimus Prime. Preferably not metallic. Just premium paint please.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Godzilla 13

Godzilla 13 Well-Known Member