Magic Square-Toys legend scale not Ultra Magnus, Seaspray and Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 13, 2017.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're in good hands. Keep us posted.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

as long as MST Magnus won't be standing beside HS Prime or the OS KO of Dutch. but i'm still on the fence with this now that MST has released their Prime. MST Magnus is taller than MST Prime no doubt, but he should also be a bit wider. looking at the pictures, he is not.

3. BB03

BB03 Fellow Stunticon

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Any chance we could get an MP version of their Magnus? I think as a legends scale, this already looks much better than the official MP

• Like Like x 1
  4. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

They made an MP Prime; no reason they couldn't make another MP figure.

5. TFFan77

TFFan77 Well-Known Member

Picked up MS Magnus this morning - seems like a great figure. Personally I love how he scales with my MS Prime - to me it seems spot on. :) 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    Transform them and photograph them together in truck mode if you would be so kind. . They wanna have a cab-sizing contest.
    EDIT: Never mind; our hearts have already been broken elsewhere:
    It's as if hundreds of voices cried out in ridicule and disappointment and were suddenly silenced....[

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 8.14.06 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 8.16.04 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 8.04.20 AM.png

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  7. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

and this is where i start saying HS Prime is scaled spot on with PPT Magnus in alt-mode.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    This is why I'm waiting for the MFT KO. And why I don't feel the need to adhere to Sunbow scale. Magnus's bot mode should be bigger than Optimus just like Powermaster Op was bigger when combined with his trailer.

I considered Papa Toys Magnus but in the end the face bugged me along with the incomplete coloring of his chest. His alt mode though probably will be the better fit scale wise. Hard to say until we see the MFT KO complete with other figures. Either way, I ultimately just want to split the difference a bit and the MST one is just too small for me in alt mode. Eye of the beholder stuff of course, but I'd rather have a big Magnus than laughably small vehicle.

• Like Like x 5
  9. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Making an "in-scale" Ultra Magnus is always a lose-lose proposition. Either you prioritize a functional car carrier and end up with a comically oversized and chunky robot (a la MP22)...or you do what Magic Square did here; give Mags a robot mode that's a head taller than Prime and deal with the fact that you can't hammerspace a cab and trailer into a figure that's only 30% larger than the cab by itself.

• Like Like x 2
  10. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, it's more important that the robot mode be more in scale. I'm sure 99% of us display these in bot mode, and grab them from time to time to transform and fiddle with them. So to me it doesn't really matter if alt modes from 2 bots don't match up.

• Like Like x 6
  11. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

that's how i feel about it as well. just give me nice looking bot scale and i am happy.

i personally don't get the obsession with alt modes being in scale. i don't have any interest of displaying them as if they were in a parking lot. i know what real world cars look like when they are parked or driving and i could care less.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Clearly some of us don’t feel the same. I have no idea which camp is larger but for me the alt mode is somewhat important. I wouldn’t say it’s most important. If the bot mode is crappy, I would not buy a figure no matter how much I liked the alt mode. But the alt mode and how it looks with others bothers me. And honestly i don’t guess I paid a lot of attention to the show scale because I always thought Magnus was a pretty big bot. Maybe I was going off his toy? I dunno. I was skimming through some eps earlier (and there aren’t many of course) where Optimus and Magnus were on screen together. You know what, Optimus looked as big if not bigger in some of them... not that the animation was particularly detailed nor kept to its own scale.

So whether one person feels as I do about the scale or more, I’m glad that we can mix and match to some degree to satisfy our own sense of what works.

PS while most of my figures are in Bot mode, a handful are in alt mode at any given time. I fiddle with them and they go back on the shelves however I finish with them.

• Like Like x 2
  13. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

^Ordered this guy from showz. He wasn't even on my radar but MS has had so few releases this year, I had to pick him up.......

• Like Like x 1
  14. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Looking for a help, a long-shot but I have to try.

I bought these guys from Bababobo back in the spring, but only got around to opening them last week....turns out 4 Wheel drive has the wrong outer panel on one leg. I have contacted Bababobo but no reply, probably because the transaction is well past the 90 day mark.

1. Does anyone have a contact at Magic Square?
    2. OR Does anyone happen to have a similar problem with the other leg and would be willing to swap with me?

Here is the panel, the gun is pointing to the incorrect part:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see how when he's transformed, nothing lines up because it is the wrong side installed...he's all skewed! And not in a groovy Beachcomber way!

15. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Here is their social media page. If you use Chrome to view it then you can get a decent translation: 微博

That's a shame that happened. I hope you can get that resolved.

If you don't get anywhere with them then try messaging ebayer hzj401. They deal in legends figures and are able to get replacement parts for the figures they sell. They may be able to get the part for you at a cost, or as a favor with another purchase. Just be nice and be patient in giving them time to respond.

• Like Like x 3
  16. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

^^ Thanks so much NOCV! Also, my luck is changing Bababobo replied and going to try and help. TBH I'm very impressed he replied because the auction was in the spring. So perhaps there's hope, I'll keep you all posted.

Appreciate the contact info just in case. :) 

• Like Like x 5
  17. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    You're in good hands. ;) 

• Like Like x 5
  18. kingmob75

kingmob75 Kreon

News Credits:
    Received Delta today from @ShowZStore - he's awesome, and as a surprise bonus he came packed with a square of Ark interior inside the box. I assume this is a 'sample' of an upcoming MS product?

20190712_123354.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  19. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

well that is pretty cool and something i could get behind.

• Like Like x 3
  20. FredVIII

FredVIII human germ!

News Credits:
    Wow, very cool!

• Like Like x 2