Magic Square-Toys legend scale not Ultra Magnus, Seaspray and Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is pure daydreaming/uninformed speculation-for-fun, but what would you choose as a 'wave 2' for magic square? It looks like a powermaster op is on the cards (I'd personally much rather a fully transformable and to scale cab op plus trailer rather than a UM remold though), but that aside, these would be my Picks:

Rodimus Prime &
    Galvatron: Both would be great to go with UM and Cyclonus, and it'd be nice to have 'leader' characters in there, whilst still leaving Meg and Op to bolster interest later down the line.

Thunderwing: My thinking being that they could make this guy a real 'statement' figure - big (for the scale), not overdone elsewhere, and super playable if they included the pretender gimmick in a well-done way. A way to draw more attention to what they're doing.

Wheeljack - 84/5 carbots are one of the big staples, but iron factory and hot soldiers have done a few of the big names. I know ms have enough differences from both to not put some people off buying their version of Ratchet/Jazz etc, but a new entry classic at this scale might be a better bet.

Chromedome/Hardhead/Brainstorm: Any one of these. One of the things I love about what ms has shown so far is that it pulls characters form a reasonable wide slice of G1. HMs would be a good way to continue that, and one of these three strike me as good popular choices to start with. I know Palm toys are doing their own hm thing though, so maybe go with a con targetmaster instead.

the Aerialbots: Good for beefing up the 84/5 crowd, and counterparts to the Stunticons.

Cindersaur/Flamefeather/Sparkstalker: Again, any one of these. Left field choice, but bear with me! For one, the minibots are weighted pretty heavily towards the autobots, so it'd be nice to have some con counterparts. And though an unusual choice (not necessarily a bad thing) compared to the insecticons, say, one of these guys could potentially provide the 'Gnaw factor' - a cute, oddball tf that screams for photo opportunities.

What would you like to see?

• Like Like x 3
  2. eatingcake

eatingcake Well-Known Member

Lol, yeah, not gonna daydream about next wave yet.

Need Magnus in hand first, needs to be good quality. Also need good reviews on the rest of the wave 1.

Aesthically they fit what I want. Just need the FT type quality.... Then I'm all in!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, there's plenty about the in-hand experience we can't tell from the pics, for sure :) 

4. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I kinda want that Inferno. Titans Seaspray is just fine.

5. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    If MST's stuff turns out good, I'd really like to see them do a Megatron worthy of taking the place of GT's version in my collection. I also really want the Insecticons and Astrotrain. Definitely Superion and Defensor. If I had those I think I would be to the point of buying guys that only really look cool.

• Like Like x 1
  6. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't speculate too much until I have them in hand. They could be bad at combiners or the mini-bots could be too delicate.

But if the quality is good across the board then more minibots and Insecticons would be a start. More '84 and '85 cars. And a legends Superion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    This is what I'm afraid of. Their Menasor silhouette does not inspire a lot of excitement in me. It looks very boxy and static, which may be thanks to their apparent dedication to the Sunbow designs.

8. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, and the Sunbow Menasor design seems a horrible one to try replicate in toy form. I guess we'll see, but unless there is a lot of extra parts like IF's Bruticus I can't imagine their Menasor having more articulation than DX9's Hulkie.

9. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm a fan of the Sunbow designs myself, but I agree that something looks a bit off in the Silhouette.

10. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Some of these look really good, but the cost just isn't worth it to me. It's the same reason I don't buy Iron Factory figures. For the same price I could buy a MUCH bigger figure. Oh well, maybe if they go on sale or something

• Like Like x 3
  11. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just wait for mft to ko them. Except the way they're going, they won't be any cheaper: their Dinobots are $30 each and their Springer is $30 too. Dinobots are fair cuz they're bigger and they're painted more nicely than their other figures but Springer costs more because he comes with a pack-in diaclone suit. Seeing as their Shockwave comes with one too,I imagine he'll be overpriced as well :( 

12. autobot prowl

I'm not too happy with how they tend to upscale everything these days. The Galvatron and Cyclonus is too big now.

13. Whatifsin

Whatifsin Well-Known Member

Looks amazing. And word on price?

14. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Whatifsin

Whatifsin Well-Known Member

16. autobot prowl

As much as I want these, I just can't justify the price. Sad too, they look great so far

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I kind of feel the same. Might pick up their magnus as a one off because he looks so good. Or hold out hope that Baba will have these at a better price point. Those stunticons are looking great.

18. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I'm waiting until they're released and I can see what ShowZ or HZJ offers them for. This past year has taught me that POs and eTailers are a bit of a waste of money, as their prices are higher.

• Like Like x 1
  19. autobot prowl

True enough I suppose

20. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

HZJ?