Magic Square MS-01 Light of Freedom (MP Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by mikeszekely, Jan 16, 2019.

1. GunFire Alpha

GunFire Alpha Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It folds down into the waist as part of the transformation into truck mode

2. dudes107

dudes107 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Honestly, from seeing reviews and this thread, early impressions are hooking me on this guy. There’s just one problem. The stripe. I have no opinion about whether the stripe should be on the truck mode, I could take it or leave it. But I hate it when the stripe is relegated to the arms on Robot mode. It’s on the bottom of his arms, and a little bit on his back, so it’s not like MP-10 or Earthrise Optimus levels of stripe kibble, but I wish they would’ve found a way to hide the stripe in Robot mode near completely(like a hinge joint on the bottom of the arm with a swivel on it so you can hide it like his hands for the transformation)

3. ssjgoku22

ssjgoku22 Well-Known Member

I wish Magic Square would reissue Light of Freedom. He's next to impossible to find and Ebay sellers are asking for an arm and a leg. Magic Square does great in the MP scale. I hope they make more figures in this scale versus legends.

4. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

I saw they released an accessory pack for their Light of Justice, wish they had made one for LoF as well. Would have liked a jetpack w/ bloooosh & a better energon axe.

5. DoctorAlgy

DoctorAlgy all your Primes are belong to us

I'm surprised why they haven't yet. MS is still active right?

6. ssjgoku22

Yeah, they're still active. Other than Light of Freedom, they haven't made any other MP scaled figures (only Legends). I have a feeling that they might do a reissue in the future because they recently started reissueing their Legends scaled Prime (Light of Justice). Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. M'Kyuun

M'Kyuun Well-Known Member

To say they're active is a bit of an understatement; currently they're one of the top two companies producing G1 faithful legends figs. NewAge, is of course, the other. Business is booming for both.
    I'd love to see MS make a MP version of Doomsday, their take on Megatron. upload_2021-7-10_8-48-8.jpeg [​IMG]
    It's a brilliant toy that, IMHO, improved upon some of the inadequacies of MP-36, especially the upper torso. I vehemently dislike MP-36's obvious layers of folded panels forming a very squarish torso that lacks the traditional roundness of Megatron's gun slide. Doomsday pulls off a very clever and nigh kibble-free transformation that preserves all the salient features of his animation look, while still assuming a convincing. albeit tiny, Walther P-38. My MP collection craves this guy in MP scale.

• Like Like x 1
  8. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So apparently their metallic version is being reissued and supposedly coming out this year. Epic.

9. ssjgoku22

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with it though. I preordered the reissue months ago and none of the websites have a fixed release date. I really want this metallic version.

10. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I would say it may be a case of LoF not being a priority project, but then again, Optimus is easy money. So I think it is more likely that it's an internal issue.

And I hear ya, man. Thing looks sweet and it looking more into it made me realize that MP-10 is almost obsolete in comparison. And I say that as someone who really likes MP-10.