Magic Square MB-49 Spider Gear & MB-50 Energy (Legends Scale Gears & Windcharger 2-pack)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by poor man, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On Gears? His were squared off so they "locked."

2. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Ugh... So much for reading comprehension. I saw the pic of Windcharger and that's what my brain decided you said...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I figured. Technically I didn't say it wrong but it also wasn't the clearest transition from Windcharger to Gears so I was pretty sure that's where I lost you. But yeah, the point was to modify Gears to give him the same heel articulation as Windcharger.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

Got my set today, and I enjoy the bot modes and most of the transformations, but what's the trick to get Gears' truck to peg together? The doors are supposed to close down onto the pegs from the rear of the truck, but those are on a super small hinge, so it just flops inward instead.

5. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I fought with that for half an hour before I realized that my problem was actually that the arms hadn't gone in correctly and were preventing the back of the truck from being pushed into position. Once I got that sorted, the door panels easily folded down over the dovetail pegs in the back. What was happening was the flaps on the forearms were running into the roof. Once I straightened those panels so they correctly went under the roof, everything went together just fine.

6. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

20230127_224600.jpg

Received.....

• Like Like x 3
  7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PXL_20230129_231242289~2.jpg

Broke out the photo tent today and got a better pic. It's actually really hard to properly get the autobot symbol on Wincharger - it's got a different enough sheen to the rest of the figure that it really didn't want to photograph well.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Really loving this guy. I would 100% buy a scaled up KO. Not because I need him to be bigger, but just for an excuse to buy another Windcharger. If this was scaled up to MP size and cast in different plastic and more paint it would be a much better MP than the XTB figure.

8DE3CD9B-EB04-414D-A0E1-4853B4937011.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  9. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah I put in a replacement request as soon as I saw the scratch. Hopefully get replacement soon.

10. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    The nose is scratched on mine too, but it happened during transformation. His nose makes contact with the hood hinge in alt mode, and the paint must not be strong enough on mine. I’m just going to touch mine up myself but I haven’t gotten around to mixing the right color yet.

11. Piggy

Piggy Member

They really screwed up badly with that Windcharger foot design. The heel spur needed to be a millimeter or two longer as he's just too back heavy with everything folded up on his back. Yeah, you can swing them down a bit, but there's nothing to lock them that way and they collapse back easily. I don't typically display all my figures together in action poses, and I can't get him to stand in a neutral pose without hunching him over slightly or swinging the arms forward otherwise he just falls over. It's terrible. The spurs don't even need to fold away for vehicle mode as there's clearance to just insert them in the front half of the car under the roof. I've never tried it, but I don't imagine that that type of vinyl plastic will adhere with superglue, so it's not like I can just add material to make the spurs longer. Unfolding the hands going from vehicle to bot mode is also more challenging than it should be. I love the character, but this guy is easily MS's worst blunder yet design-wise. I do think the transformation is fun and clever, which makes it all the more frustrating.

12. zestymans

zestymans Well-Known Member

Does anyone have advice for transforming windcharger's legs? I can't get all four wheels to touch the ground at once.

13. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

20230209_143322.jpg

What's the chances that both figures have issues?

I hate figures that are released just before and after CNY. The defect rate is higher, I feel.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jazzymouse

Jazzymouse Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    oof, misfired pin? my ms shockwave had the same issue. it sucks.

15. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

More accurately, it's misaligned panel.

When I got it, the right leg looked shorter. I was fiddling with it when the pin fell out, followed by the panel.

The factory worker must have positioned the panel wrongly when he fired the pin.

Gears has a missing panel.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  16. UltraMagnusLRLL

UltraMagnusLRLL Occasional Jam-Band Drummer

Yikes, this has me wanting to wait a couple months to pick up this set...

In truth, any purchase is a roll of the dice- but you might have a point about figures released just before/just after CNY.

17. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

It won't help, because they have all been manufactured (most likely).

I should replace the word "release" with "manufacture".

• Like Like x 1
  18. UltraMagnusLRLL

UltraMagnusLRLL Occasional Jam-Band Drummer

Again; good point. I hope you get 'after-sale' support from your retailer. I really have high hopes for these figures as they will help to complete my Season 1 Autobots shelf...

19. RootNegative

RootNegative Well-Known Member

I've had a few MS figures with defects. Both times I got replacements parts from the seller (ShowZ) with no issue. While I hope when these guys show up in a week there are no problems I am confident that any issues can be fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

I received these guys last night from BBB and they're pretty solid. As a collector of both MS and NA, I've come to appreciate the positives and negatives of each company. As usual, the tolerances are all over the board with these guys, especially Windcharger. One of the leg sliders was so tight I sliced my thumb on the nylon. No QC issues at all, but the lack of shoulder articulation for Windcharger is a real bummer and limits posing. Gears is easily the better of the two even with the Hasbro-ish back of the head. Just a really fun transformation and a much more stable bot to pose and mess with.

All in all, these are a great buy at about $30 each if you're used to MS stuff. Glad I got them!

• Like Like x 3