Magic Square Legends Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by FredVIII, Aug 10, 2019.

1. StrangeAeons

StrangeAeons Well-Known Member

my MP36 is gone if they make a metallic silver MP scale version based on this

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never got any MP-style G1 Megs, just because there are so many other Megatron designs I prefer (G2, stealth bomber, MTMTE, etc.), but I may pick this guy up since he looks like such a great, affordable, pocket-sized version.

Plus, I'm a total Magic Square acolyte after their legends Magnus and Optimus. I just want them to do the whole cast at this point. Can't wait for Soundwave and his micro-scale cassettes... and I hope they make more combiner teams after the stunticons. Devastator and Bruticus please!!

• Like Like x 4
  3. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Sure. But also. No. As if I don’t know what perspective is. Take a hike.

The cannon is still comically large and I can’t unsee the treasure chest now. No wonder they had him posed so far back in the case.

4. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sure sure. A valid opinion even if I don't necessarily agree (except for the gun barrel on his back - you're right. It's huge).

Ok no. Not cool. So your opinion is valid but his is not? Because he dared to disagree with you, you feel the need to be insulting and dismissive? Nobody said you don't know what perspective is but it's fairly common, especially on this site, to be deceived by it in photos and NOCV was pointing it out to be helpful, not condescending. There's absolutely no reason for you to be a dick about it.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

If anyone ever oversized this to 7.5" / 19cm...I'd buy it.

It'll never happen, at least not to those exact specs. Just wanted to put that out there anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've come to a similar conclusion. I'm an animator, so proportion and silhouette are characteristics I look for immediately. That said, if it was the only Megs on offer I'd snap him up, he's undeniably cool. But given my GT has the stocky stature without the compressed barrel torso, and is a similar size, I don't see the need to upgrade. And the MS pistol is looking to make compromises on the alt (the hilt is super thick to permit the wide legs) whereas NA seems more tight on all the above, at a similar size (unfortunately, as I was hoping NA was going to be slightly smaller than MS Prime).

But yknow.. he's cool. I might cave if he looks good in his real colors.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    ...Looks at optimus picture...does he literally have a stick up..his....:rolleyes: 

9. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    Its not a matter of whose opinion is "valid". The construction of the scarecrow argument that two members may be fighting over who's opinion is "valid" is a farce. Opinions are opinions. That said NOCV came at me with condescension by implying I had misconceptions due to perspective and accused me of cherry picking. I chose that posed picture because it best illustrated the points I was trying to make as would anyone. These are the first side pictures we have seen on this figure so it should certainly be open to discussion and interpretation.

10. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Screenshot_2019-09-27_104701_1.jpg
    ;) 
    You shared an opinion you developed based on an image. I took time to use a similar image to demonstrate that your interpretations of that image can be applied to a similar image, despite the figures looking entirely different, depending on the perspectives of the images they appear in.

You decided that was an attack?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  11. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    Cherry picking would be choosing the worst looking picture, which I did not. He looks even goofier in other pictures. I chose the best looking picture that still illustrated my point. Emphasis on Best Looking.

Attack? No, don’t be silly. Condescending? Hell yeah you were.

12. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    What part of my post had condescension to it?

• Like Like x 6
  13. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    The whole implication that I am misjudging the cannon size just because of his pose due to perspective.

Ridiculous. The cannon looks comically large (wide diameter) in every single picture.

Is the whole project trash? Not at all, it’s very good. But is it perfect? Lol, no.

Pros:
    Has great presence
    Kibble Free, Clean as a whistle
    Great poseability.

Cons:
    Small Head
    Ridiculously big arm cannon
    Huge gun barrel on back
    Treasure chest

I’m starting to get the feeling that the Magic Square Fan Boys are almost as bad as the Fans Toys Fan Boys. Full Court Press on any criticism.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The cannon is normal. The body is abnormally small.

When is everyone going to learn that pics and perspective are deceiving? No figure is perfect - if they were, we'd be done buying them years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

I dunno, I think we're being picky because we have the luxury of choice for Megs right now.. GT (and KBB), MST, NA, DX9/MFT, IF all have Megs out, or coming. So we're all giving everything the squinty-eye. If the only one was MST, then we might be saying less picky things, or couching our gripes in bags of compliments. At the end of the day, it's hard to deny this guy is great regardless of the small nitpicks (that may or may not prevent a sale).

Anyway, too bad we can't all have a beer and have a heated conversation that could end in an actual black eye, so that we can be more sheepish about what we fight about when your wife asks the next day why you got a shiner.

• Like Like x 2
  16. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Someone contesting your opinion with a countering opinion is not condescension. This is condescension:

• Like Like x 6
  17. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Not trying wade in on this uhhhm discussion but i will.

Just say what i think of this figure. The pictures on page 6 all except 1 are quite heavy on persecptive.
    All that considered i agree the chest is quite big. His head is actually huge for an mst figure and it is way bigger than op. The gun barrel proportionally to the rest of his body is on the large side, not ridiculously but jusy slightly.

With a figure like megatron it just ends up it is what it is. Mightron had a huge chest small waist and his canon was tiny by comparison. I think.

I have had many an issues with the looks of figures in the past, i am not begrudging you at all. Its all good unless one does it to much. Popo will come calling lol.

18. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    Yes Mightron has slightly wonky proportions too. I like the work that MFT did to even him out a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    This megatron is really clean just like thier op. He is though stylized with buff proportions, not exactly g1 proportions, i will say that.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks so damn clean. I'm impressed, itching to see a transformation video

• Like Like x 1