Magic Square Legends Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by FredVIII, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still love my HS Prime (waist swivel notwithstanding) but the rest of my legends collection is going in the MST direction so he'd definitely be too big for MST Megs and company. Also, I got the metallic version of MST which took care of my main complaint - the opaque windows - and I had previously fallen in love with the mold when I got the white MP version of it.

Also, as much as I defended the scale of NA carbots with HS Prime, they are definitely too small. I still say they're closer than MST's, which are too big, but as the collection has grown, it's become clear that MST's scale will look better overall. Besides, they just make better figures (seekers aside, though I actually really like the MST seekers).

The obnoxious thing is going to be my other MFT figures. Magnus think still works (MST made him too small) but Rodimus and Blaster (who MST also made too small but MFT's is too big) don't really work. I think I'll just make sure there's some distance between them in the display so the size disparity isn't so obvious :lol  but eventually we'll probably see releases if those characters from MST as well.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    It's a little thicker than the real thing, but not drastically:
    p38.jpg
    I thought everyone knew Megatron's Fusion Cannon is powered by anti-matter, siphoned from the closest Black Hole?
    These might be a good replacement option.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Despotron does look better with a good head sculpt on him. I probably wouldn't buy it still, but much better.

Hard to be certain with only 1 video and no in hand judgment, but I feel like the leg transformation looked worse than it actually is. Maybe it will take 2 or 3 times to practice first, but I believe overall will be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, I would love to see someone pull off an accurate P-38 alt mode for an MP or Legends megaton. But, you know, without making it terrible like MP-05. I'd say it can't be done but, given the crazy transformations we've seen for some of the 3p movie bots, it feels like anything is possible these days.

Also, those lights you linked - they say they're balloon lights. If they're anything like the lit balloons I've seen in the past, once you turn it on, it doesn't turn off. Maybe you could wedge the plastic tab back into the battery compartment though. Also, I kept one of those lights around for months waiting to see how long it'd take for the battery to die. I kinda forgot about it after like six months but it was still dimly lit the last time I checked - they don't stay bright for more than a day or two but they don't go out for like forever so you could have a long term illuminated display if you don't mind it being petty dim.

5. er4smiths

er4smiths MP Grimlock v2.0

News Credits:
    34BD1D8A-47CF-4363-9564-284A927C01B4.jpeg 72680201-FCE0-42DA-BBB5-D427DB62F917.jpeg EEABFB25-AD25-4EFE-BB7B-AF0DCE9A9D43.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  6. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    good to know it should be replaceable, but *ugh*… more disposable e-waste, albeit very small.

• Like Like x 2
  7. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    those are too big. you would need a bobber led. you can get those at any walmart for like 5 bucks for a 2 pack. i see them all the time when i am cutting down the isles.

8. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

Dear god
    Screenshot (397).png

Can we petition the mods to add a "laugh" button

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All these MST figures have got me excited. My coneheads just shipped, Soundblaster and Soundwave should be shipping any day now, Megatron hopefully in the next month or so, and then the tapes shouldn't be too far behind (or maybe vise versa - not sure on the actual release order).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

Hahaha
    So will the final Kremzeek be purple, orange, or yellow?

12. Grouch

Grouch Stranger in a Strange Land

Where are you getting your MST stuff? China or NA?

13. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A little of both. I've ordered some from TCP but I also had pre-orders for some at ShowZ.

14. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Metal of any sort, except for screws and pins, is entirely new for Magic Square.

15. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    But what is the function of these magnets? Is it for stabilizing the figure like die-cast in some figures?

Maybe it is explained in the video but I don't understand the language so my apologies if it has been explained already.

16. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's from that one episode when the Decepticons did good on their homework and Megs hung it on the fridge.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

As primarily a Masterpiece collector, Ive found myself a bit miffed at how good these Legends figures have become.

If I could start collecting over again, Id most certainly be a Legends guy. Im a bit too invested in MP at this point to bother selling tho and I do prefer the MP display presence. But wow have these Legends gotten good.

That said, I have decided to pick up the iconic Decepticons in this scale: Megs (NA & MS) NA Starscream, MS Soundwave (and Soundblaster for Laserbeak), and the inevitable Shockwave(s)

Ill probably get the eventual Devastator too.

... Im tired of spending money. :( 

• Like Like x 4
  18. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

I agree
    MPs aren’t as fun to play with, they’re more money, and they take up more space
    I actually sold some because I am in the legends scale now

• Like Like x 3
  19. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah i dont see any possible benefit of having the magnets in the feet. they dont have enough mass to do anything.

i guess it could make you feel like it is a premium function. but that is all it would do is make you feel like it was working.

20. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    ok, normally i don't put in a PO, but i just caved on this as i really like the extra bonus included. :rolleyes: 

i'm looking forward to using the magnets to try to have some flying aerial kicks/jumps with metal plates as walls! :D