Magic Square Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jan 29, 2019.

1. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I've seen some mistransformations before but woooooooooooow
    7f9a837dgy1gsox9kkn3dj22c02c0x6p.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Meekutron

Meekutron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MS-TOYS :转发微博//@陆山山在减肥:mad: MS-TOYS 1,材质尼龙,变形容错率高。2,设计上两者都可圈可点,特别是腿部收纳,搅拌比铲车要更花心思。3,配件少得可怜,组合的时候真的够用吗???[鼓掌][鼓掌][鼓掌]

[MS-TOYS: Repost Weibo//@陆山山 In weight loss: @MS-TOYS 1. The material is nylon and has a high deformation tolerance rate. 2. Both are remarkable in design, especially the leg storage, mixing is more thoughtful than forklift. 3. The accessories are so few, are they really enough when combined? ? ? [Applause][Applause][Applause]

Sina Visitor System

微博

Copy pasted from Third-party Unlimited

So no Dev parts. Oh well..

• Like Like x 2
  3. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's just for pirate mode.:wink: 

• Like Like x 3
  4. Huub

Huub G1 - Magic Square nerd

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    :lolol 

5. Huub

News Credits:
    Instagram:
  6. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't bots have to actually be transformed in some manner to be mistransformed? These are just set on end...

7. KH319er

KH319er amused observer

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Huub

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The dude was probably used to transforming the NA Constructicons, so he couldn't handle the big boy transformation for MS Constructicons :D 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dutchy79

Dutchy79 Well-Known Member

Enough with the videos already, MS needs to ship these out now, still have the 12/14 day waiting after the order and I am running out of patience !!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. TurtleCaps

TurtleCaps Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    While I do have them preordered, I'm wondering what justifies the $80 price tag on these guys compared to the $50/60 stunticon limb bots?

Is it that they're a head taller? They don't come with any pieces for devastator where as the others did. Is it cuz Devy is a known fan favorite and they were unsure about the popularity of Menasor? Is it because the price tag on the NewAge set and Ms thought hey they're charging this much, so should we? Are the days of fair priced figures over now that the legends market has gained a ton of new collectors? Thoughts?

11. Dutchy79

Dutchy79 Well-Known Member

Ah but that is just it, only Show Z has them for $80, others like Terry do not have a full price or cheaper listing.
    I understand the different shipping price but I know of TFS can offer them for 60, my store on Aliexpress will too.
    Still waiting on the outcome on how MS is playing this but they better make sure the price stays correct, or I will skip a double set of limb bots for Menasor.
    I am all for paying a bit more but I can not deeply support a company who plays BS tactics on their customers.
    They look great and these are my final combiners but they need to do like NA and just set a price and let your customers know what is coming up front.
    We tought we did but now we are wrong, no combiner parts in set 1 and no set price but they are beeing shipped out !!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    If I had to guess, it's cos they're more complex figures compared to the Stunticon limb bots, not just transformation to bot mode, but also limb mode.

Stunticon limbs also require little to no transformation compared to these guys, although I can't say the same for Scavenger/Bonecrusher though.

• Like Like x 5
  13. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    They’re taller and their parts count is considerably higher than the Menasor limb bots. Their complexity is on par or even surpassing Motormaster. Hopefully the next two sets won’t be much more expensive with the inclusion of Devastator parts.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Huub

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    MS Constructions are more complex in parts and transformation (in all modes) and they're slightly bigger. On the NA Constructicons, check out the serious hollow feet and arms, the waffle syndrome going on. To me those designs are too simple. Not only that, but you're probably forgetting the body suit you'll need to buy separately, before you can clip on those limbs and "combine" into Devastator.
    To me, the only thing the NA version pulls of better than MS is the color purple, that's it.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Tanafor

Tanafor Autobots at work

News Credits:
    Just interested because AliExpress declares the VAT taxes beforehand for European customers, useful for me. Would you be so kind as to tell me which shop you are referring to? I can't find these guys on AE yet

16. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Calling it now: arm bots will come next and be priced at $100 and come with some of the fun alt-look stuff like the head and drill hand and then torso bots for $160 because they include the bulk of the gestalt pieces.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Huub

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I'll bet the price of the next sets is going to be higher.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As other have said, size and complexity- the Stunticons only have two modes, robot and car, since combined mode is just clipping the car mode onto the frame. And those transformations are incredibly simple. The Constructicon transformations we've seen so far are slightly more involved.

The Constructicons also have to turn into an arm/leg/chest. Mixmaster technically has four modes since he has two different leg modes. And sure, you're just rotating the front bumper to make Mixmaster's feet a large sort of toe piece for Devastator. But yeah, looking at the transformation video, that actually adds a whole lot of complexity to have his feet do double duty like that.

And technically the Stunticon limbs did not come with pieces for the combined mode, they came with BONUS pieces for the alternate combined mode. Everything needed for combination into toon Menasor is built into Motormaster's trailer.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    also to add to what others have stated… adding high nylon content costs more, as MS has gone back to their signature super flexible plastic with these.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had thought it would be 3x $80 which is close to the cost of Menasor. But if they’re going to charge more for sets with the combiner parts then there goes that idea.

• Like Like x 2