Magic Square Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Very low bar there, lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Personally, I love the Toyworld, MPs. Their weathered versions (both green and yellow) are works of art. If it weren't for the QC and plastic issues, I'd be good if there was never another version.

Just my opinion, though.

3. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I wouldn’t exactly say that. The toy world constructor cons are actually pretty cool looking individually, it’s just that they’re more of the studio ox style and I would prefer my individual constructor cons to be more cartoon accurate. Also, I only have one set of them and they’re combined which is where they’re probably going to stay. If I’d been able to score another set of them back then for cheap I would probably be good. Like, I was able to get my first one for about 400, and that’s what all of the Zeta combiners still go for pretty much, but for whatever reason constructor has always been super expensive since it first came out.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Treadshot 2.0

News Credits:
    But they do have the QC and plastic issues. That’s actually a significant part of why a new set of constructor cons at that scale is in order. Even if I was willing to disassemble constructor into his individual robots to shake up my display, it wouldn’t be worth the risk with the way that they actually were built. And at this point, who in their right mind would buy another set on the off chance that the QC issues would be fixed? If anything they seem to have gotten worse since the initial box constructor set which I was fortunate enough to get.

That said, in terms of pure aesthetics, sure, they definitely look good enough to me. Especially if they got some more show accurate heads and faces. I’ve seen images of the constructor robots with combiner wars devastator’s heads attached and they look great. But the reason I haven't already bitten the bullet and got another set is the build and QC (and total lack of aftermarket support)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  5. mantisfists

Ebay:
    The quote that you responded to, which I, in turn, quoted, specifically stated how much better the MS offering looked as compared to the Toyworld. That was what I was responding to....though, in rereading my post, I implied rather than stated that so I guess I can see how that could be misconstrued.

The true tragedy of the Toyworld set, at least in my opinion, is that it's so much of a disaster for everything other than how it looks. From QC to plastic composition to customer service (or complete lack thereof), those figures are a nightmare. I have the weathered G1 set and aesthetically....man....it's stunning.

I'm one of the fortunate few that lucked out and has a copy that (so far) has had very few issues, and even I would say that there's no denying we need another MP version. That was why I brought up the plastic and QC that post to begin with. But, my point was never that we don't need another one (quite the contrary, actually), but only that I personally love how the Toyworld Constructor looks.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Treadshot 2.0

News Credits:
    Ah, I feel you… and agree 100%. If they have them better heads and better QC/support I’d have bought another set by now.

7. TurtleCaps

TurtleCaps Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Honestly, I wish MP collectors chilled out on coming into legends threads stating the same old I wish this was MP, then going on and on about MP stuff.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Yeah, these need to be upscaled to CHUG, not MP.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Racer_J

Racer_J Permanently logged out . . .

Where's the lie?

• Like Like x 2
  10. blurr95

blurr95 Team Monkey Pants

Kinda like legends guys coming into MP threads saying they wanted it legend sized.

• Like Like x 2
  11. CyberRat

CyberRat Well-Known Member

I mean isn't that a compliment to the figure? They don't want to collect legends but appreciate the quality.
    Personally I've purchased a few legends, but still would like them to upscale them to MP on some because they are so good that I want the limitations of size taken away.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  12. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do people actually do that? I don't buy MP so I generally never read those threads.

I get the casual admiration, I've never understood when people try to seriously argue that Iron Factory/Magic Square/NA/whoever should abandon legends scale and make MP/CHUG.
    These are all passion driven little companies; I am fairly certain that every 3p company is working in the scale they want.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Creedog

Creedog Well-Known Member

I didn’t know we were doing this. That’s gross. Kick ‘em to the curb when they talk about downsizing! I assume it’s just as annoying as the many many many upsizing posts we get constantly over here.

• Like Like x 2
  14. mantisfists

Ebay:
    I believe this started when somebody wished MS gave this set the Light of Freedom treatment. Honestly, it's a valid comment in this thread.

The Light of Freedom Optimus is a great figure, and is still considered one of, if not THE (depending on who you talk to) definitive MP scaled Primes available, so MS has shown that they could make a fabulous MP upscaled figure.

With Devi being as popular as he is, and with the TW MP offering being such a disappointment, it's understandable fans would ask for an MP scaled version of anything that faithfully recreates the toon characters as well as this one does.

CyberRat has it right, it's actually a compliment. I don't think anybody is asking for MS to abandon legends scaled toys. But their history shows that they can put out quality MP scaled products so of course fans of other scales are going to ask for more....especially for something that looks as incredible as this does.

There's some collectors that grab things regardless of scale, myself being one of them. So, for me personally, I'll peruse whatever thread I find to be interesting and only comment if 1) it pertains to the subject of the thread and 2) the comment is (in my opinion) funny. Number two always trumps number one (one look at my underwear would confirm this), hence the number of mod deleted posts that I have but humor's always worth it.

You just gotta love how seriously people on these threads take things, though. I understand getting annoyed when somebody gets on to troll and says something negative but the whole "*insert subject here* people stay out of our thread with your comments", regardless of what that comment is, never fails to make me giggle. I know that's going to piss some people off but nerdy online cyber gang thread enforcers are some of my favorite people in the world.

• Like Like x 6
  15. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    damn these need to KO'd and upscaled to real world size.

• Like Like x 11
  16. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, the reason some people get upset is because they're worried that if MST actually listened and upscaled a figure, it would set production of their legends figures back and they'd have to wait longer. I think that's kind of a selfish take but probably not an inaccurate one. I'm mostly good with my current mp collection but if MST ever decided to start MP'ing some of their figures, I'd be thrilled. There are several of their figures I like better than any MP version available.

Personally, my wish for MST is that they'd knuckle down and focus on finishing season 1. So weird that, as large as my legends collection is, I'm missing a dozen carbots and minibots from the show's first season (I have the NA versions of some of them but they're so small). I'd also like to upgrade from my tiny tiny NA Insecticons.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  17. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    We could definitely do with some better insecticons and more autobots ….

• Like Like x 2
  18. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone Well-Known Member

This is definitely my thought process when I think of MS possibly upscaling more figures. MS is my sole provider of legends-scale, so I prefer they stay focused, LOL. I don't care what people post in threads though, and if MS wants to do more MP, then so be it. If it helps their bottom line I suppose it's worth the trade off.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Huub

Huub G1 - Magic Square nerd

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Another nice transformation video:

微博视频

008as9o5ly1gwssgx081qj31c80r5000.jpg

Start shipping pls :cool: 

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  20. Huub

Huub G1 - Magic Square nerd

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    We definitely need the rest of the team soon, bots are starting to get crazy...

Untitled338.jpg Untitled339.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 32