Magic Square Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by magicube, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Creedog

Creedog Well-Known Member

I don’t have legacy Menasor, but he appears to be a huge step up from combiner wars Menasor. Still MS Menasor is quite a bit better, in my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  2. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    These legends threads get hostile fast lol.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

B R U T I C U S !

Anyway, I can't wait for these guys to drop. Any guesses on when that'll happen?

• Like Like x 3
  4. magicube

magicube Legends Scale Collector

News Credits:
    Very excited for this Bruticus but I am hoping we get a metamorphing DUDICUS as well!

G2Bruticus 001.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I never said I didn’t like legend scale. I think this shit is awesome. I love looking at the threads and seeing what comes out. If I was starting up a collection today I would collect legends scale, the only reason I don’t is because I already have almost every G1 show character in masterpiece scale. Just because I don’t buy it doesn’t mean I don’t like it.

And in case you haven’t noticed, there are just as many third-party manufacturers consistently putting out product as there are MP manufacturers. There’s basically three at each scale, legends has iron factory, New Age, and magic square with a few random entries and older companies (DX9, mechanic studios). MP scale basically has Keith’s companies, FT, Takara (BARELY) and a couple random companies that either disappear quickly (TE/DS) or are barely hanging on (MT). Now, MP has covered more CHARACTERS, but that’s because they had a close to 10 year Headstart. And also because new age and magic square insist on making every release a head to head battle of the same characters.

And like I said, magic square has a history of upscaling their designs. Nobody wants them to quit putting stuff out in the legends market, we just want them to put out some of their figures at the MP scale as well. For example, their Megatron design and their constructicons Would have basically no competition at that scale. Takara Megatron looks good but has numerous well documented flaws and doesn’t really look that good when it’s not viewed from head on, and the only real MP scale devastator is done in studio ox style and isn’t readily available anymore anyway.

I never understood what was up with the hostility you guys have towards this idea. Were you this angry when magic square put out light of peace?

• Like Like x 2
  6. UltraMagnusLRLL

UltraMagnusLRLL Occasional Jam-Band Drummer

• Like Like x 3
  7. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    cuz we play with such small toys, it seems we all carry a disproportionately large stick to compensate. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 5
  8. Creedog

this is correct. MS released MP Prime 1.0 in late Dec 2018/early Jan 2019. All of these figures were released first:

C6BD294E-8B16-4F42-AAB4-15B410165B71.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  9. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I apologize for being wrong about them starting out at MP scale but the fact remains that very early in their run they were doing both so it’s not like this request just comes out of nowhere. They literally just did another one a few months ago!

I also understand that they have limited resources and that dividing them between two skills might not be the best idea. So what would be dope is if somebody looking to get into the MP scale game just license their designs and reworked them. It doesn’t have to actually be magic square. I understand that not only are they’re comfortable with their current market, but it’s far more profitable to sell legends scale figures that are roughly half to 2/3 of the price of MP scale figures on average when they can fit like 4x as many figures in a shipping container.

So again, I don’t want them to stop or reduce their legends output. I just want to see some of these designs in a larger scale. I really don’t care who makes them. Honestly it might be better if a different company that typically uses better materials did it. although I have to say, the lightness of their large scale toys really would lend itself very well to being a larger combiner it might actually work better as a Combiner then the actual legends ones do. I’ve handled them before and they don’t hold together all that well even though they look great. Like, their Menasor is clearly based on DX9’s design but the DX9 MP Version is darn near bulletproof.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Did he not explain exactly why he was here? He likes these designs, likes MS's work, he'd just like to see these quality figures at another scale in addition to Legends.

You ascribed so much negativity to what was an innocent little thought that in no way diminished Legends collectors or anyone else, and replied with unnecessary hostility.

They do, holy hell.

Imagine someone saying what is basically is "I like this, I wish it was available in a scale I collect" and construe it as "what the fuck why do you hate Legends scale?"

• Like Like x 4
  11. Creedog

I never suggested that you don’t like legends scale. My post was responding to @SPLIT LIP :

i don’t see where I was being hostile. I was being cordial. I still am. However…

Big yikes man. I suggest you go with your heart, and just buy legends figures. It’ll be one of the best collecting decisions you’ve ever made.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  12. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd have to check but I think they're painted a very durable paint considering I messed with the leg bois and no paint chipped off.

13. Creedog

wut? My opinion is just as valid as his. I didn’t tell him that he can’t express his opinion, just that my opinion is the opposite. And then I cordially gave him the reasons why. Where was I hostile?

• Like Like x 4
  14. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're reading something that wasn't there. I get it. It's very easy to read "No thank you" as being snarky, sarcastic, or condescending, because it's often used that way, but in this case, he just literally meant no thank you. Text is a poor communication medium.

But yeah, what it comes down to, as has already been said (and yes, the "per my last e-mail" vibe is intentional), any MP releases MST did would severely cut into their legends releases. It would mean fewer legends releases. There really isn't much complaining so far because they've only done it twice but if they started doing it more, it would impact their ability to continue pumping out legends figures. Like @Delduwath said, you're saying you want MST to make fewer figures for legends collectors because you want more MPs (I still collect MP so yeah, I'd also love to see some of these designs upsized, but I'd rather MST stick to what they're good at and keep us in legends figures).

And the other thing is this topic derails nearly every MST thread. I'm not big on the whole "stay in your lane and don't go even a little bit off topic" mentality but I sympathize with those who find it tiresome. It goes on for several pages every time it happens.

• Like Like x 9
  15. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They don't have the paint and have had some QC issues.

• Like Like x 2
  16. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    This is a really good point. The "Please upscale to MP!" crowd don't actually like it when MS does exactly what they want. So, why then do they still desire this?

• Like Like x 6
  17. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Zeta's (MP) bot modes look like absolute hot garbage next to these, Jesus. Their combined mode is simply the best we have as far as "MP-sized" but that doesn't mean much really.

Someone, please do a set as this MP scaled.

Having that said, all members of this glorious set PO'd at showZ for a whopping $5!

• Like Like x 4
  18. ramparter

ramparter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ideally someone should form a new company and buy the designs from MS to upscale them.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Creedog

Ok, back to the Bruticus reveal tonight. I cannot wait, I really hope he blows us away. This is what MS is targeting:

3A0FAB60-704D-4B88-B068-E98CD35656A4.jpeg 0FF34976-F9A4-4B95-B630-EFA9DB0F5C24.jpeg 72041D4C-17DA-4478-8CDC-67982FA9A454.jpeg

and this is the current competition (thanks @mikeszekely for the pics):

6A4F5BD1-7D61-4922-BAEF-19B8FC1223FC.jpeg 568187CD-6124-4D49-A510-C3C7B1F8763B.jpeg 04F832CD-6204-420E-A77B-6017D048601F.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  20. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

It's China. There's been...How many KO's of Menasor? (So far)

I'm no expert in 3P TF's. Who made what, Aside from the stumpy insufficient CW Bruticus?

• Like Like x 3