Magic School Bus Netflix reboot starring Kate McKinnon

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Chopperface, Feb 8, 2017.

1. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    If the original Frizz is "Professor Frizzle" now, does that mean she taught/teaches college students? Because man would I like to see that. Not just in the show either. If anyone could have made organic chemistry palatable, it was her.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Also, I have to wonder if any of the original kids come back as cameos. Because these have to be new ones if the old show is still in continuity right? Like, there's obviously an Arnold there, and a DA, and a Ralphe, but they're probably expies? There's also some others that are totally different. It's kind of like the original books, when there were actually like 18 kids in Ms Frizzle's homeroom.

3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Saw the complete series for the original at Costco, might have to pick it up next time in anticipation of some truly interesting times.

4. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

Huh, that's a kick in the nostalgias, especially with the continuity nods to the old show. I watched a lot of MSB as a kid - science shows in general, really (and as a side note, I'm entirely too amused that one of the retro channels in my neck of the woods is now showing Beakman and Bill Nye episodes).

Looking back on it as an adult, one bit of internet fanon I must have picked up on from TVTropes or something that I actually like: pretty sure The Friz is a timelord...