Mafia 2 Anyone gonna get this

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Blackout32, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Demo for this game comes out Aug 10th, anyone going to DL the demo and try it out. I know I am and I am excited cause the first 1 wasn't that good on PS2. I hope its really cool and that its cool enough for me to buy it. The game releases on Aug 24th though.

2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I was hoping somebody would make a thread for this. The first Mafia is one of my favorite PC games of all time. I already have the Mafia 2 CE preordered and am very excited to play it. :D 

3. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Mafia on PC was awesome, infinitely better than shitty GTA3 that was out at the time.

4. Blackout32

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I am going hopefully around the 10th to preorder my Mafia 2 CE game as well. I am not buying many exclusives this yr but this 1 and The force Unleashed 2 is the 1's that I am spending some cash on. I just got word from the lady that I will be able to do this now.

5. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    The demo was awesome. And geez.....those graphics are off the charts. I'm debating if I should get this on PS3 or PC for the eye candy.

6. Gigatron_2005

The demo is out now! Go get it! Its awesome! Also if you want it on PS3 you apparently get some exclusive(?) DLC if you care about that sort of thing. I'm getting it on PC since the PC version uses Steam/Steamworks and Steam is awesome. Also for extra the extra graphical and PhysX quality.

7. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Playing the PC demo with the timer disabled. I've logged over three hours on it in one sitting....

I'll be buying this for sure.

8. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

I was pumped for this game but after playing the demo i dont want it anymore. After playing such open world masterpieces like red dead redemption and gta4 this game just feels really outdated and clunky. Doesnt seem to run very well either and the combat and cover system isnt satisfying at all, so im gonna pass now.
    I dont see this game doing any better than a 7 when its reviewed.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After playing the demo, it's very possible. But I think August it's about Reach, so I may be waiting.

10. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

OH CRAP! I forgot about this game! The 1st Mafia game was just... beautiful! Yes, this will be another title I will look forward to this summer.

11. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I played it at PAX East and thought it was terrible. But maybe there have been some improvements to the gameplay since then, or maybe it just isn't my style of game.

From all the praise I am hearing it sounds worth another look at.

12. Gigatron_2005

I just kicked open the door of a diner holding a shotgun. One of the guys behind the counter ducked, while the other pulled out his gun and started shooting at me. A cop down the road has seen me and is already shooting and calling for backup. I get back in my roadster and get out of there. After loosing the cops I find a phone and call the cops to bribe them to make my alert go away.

This game is awesome, and I'm not even thinking about the fantastic story its sure to have!

13. Blackout32

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just DL the demo and wow this game is awesome. I love the shotguns and the tommy guns. The cars feel really heavy to drive but thats going to be the fun of getting away. I can't wait to get the game now that I've played the demo.

14. Gigatron_2005

Picked up my CE today. :D  Only a little bit into it but so far its fun and very atmospheric.

15. Blackout32

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got my copy as well and thats what I am fixing to do when I sign off here is go play me some Mafai 2 for a bit. Man this game is alot of fun.

16. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Love the game. Kinda bites tough that it's so full of collectables (and decent ones at that - playboy mags, wanted posters, pinups, stuff from the era that fans of retro like me will love) and that the city is so huge and vast and so much to do...

and there's no free roam. Seriously? Each mission goes from one to the other, and when it's over, all you can do is select a mission from the menu.

It can't be that hard to put one in, surely? Just for when you want to hunt stuff, or mess around? Damn. Get some free DLC out for it now, 2K.

It's a mark of the games quality that that's the only major thing I can complain about. I love the shooting (although minor niggle - kinda wish you could blind fire) love the store system (wish I could sell guns to make cash. DOn't want this 1911 that Joe keeps giving me. I want a damned snub nose revolver, damnit. ;)  ) and I think the driving mechanics are perfectly done, and put GTA's to shame.