MAFEX and Marvel Select

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Insurgent, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I have a collection of the mcu avengers from marvel select (and sentinel War Machine because ms wm is just crazy prices). It's just the phase 1 guys but I'm thinking of adding spiderman to them. But the marvel select version just doesn't do it. I was thinking of going for the mafex homecoming spidey, but I'm worried he'll be too small. He's a teenager so he should be smaller, but would this be too small? I like that he has all the webbing and stand for an action pose. Don't suppose anyone has a picture of them side by side? Or know of any alternatives that could fit? I'd like it to be the homecoming suit to fit with the rest of the mcu (war machine is close enough for me to count him).

2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Marvel select is a 7” based scale while Mezco is a 6” based scale so most people would say they don’t match well. To me, the larger characters in DS form are perfect to scale with smaller 6” based figures. DS Thanos and Destroyer are sitting with my Marvel Legends, Mezco, Amazing Yamaguchi and SH Figuarts Marvel figures and they all blend nicely.

Speaking of which, this may be a good opportunity for the mods to either change this to a Marvel toys/figures thread or change the Marvel Legends thread into a general Marvel toys/figures thread (which would make more sense) like we have for Star Wars. At this point, there are a lot of options and most Marvel fans want to talk about all of them in one place as we can see with threads like this and all the instances where posts are getting moved when they should be under one big Marvel thread.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Yeah, I'm down for a big Marvel thread. Let's combine them like Voltron. And I'll form the head (not really on that last part).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Insurgent

I guess mafex spidey would be too small then, even taking into account he's a teenager. Oh well. Guess no spidey for my avengers shelf. Thanks.

5. Slave IV

I think it could work depending on how you display it. If all your figures are standing straight up in a row, it will probably look more off. If you have them dynamically posed and use perspective well, it will look fine. Mafex figures are generally a bit bigger than other 6” scale figures too so there’s that.

6. Insurgent

Are they? Hmmm. Most of them are dynamically posed, and I'd probably have spidey on a stand mid swing. So maybe it would work? Ideally i need a pic of mafex with ms, but all the comparison's on google and YouTube are with legends, never a ms.

7. Slave IV

I haven’t paid attention to this figure. Is the Mafex version bigger than the ML version?

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Actually the MAFEX comic Spidey would be shorter than the Marvel Legends version. The Legends version (pizza Spidey) stands at about 6.25" while the MAFEX versions stats on BBTS are saying that it will stand at 6.1". So, depending on how short you want your Spidey he should work fine with other lines that scale larger. Definently a preference thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Slave IV

Thanks for the input!

I just found this pic too.

[​IMG]

They look pretty close with the Mafex slightly shorter.

I’m not a stickler when it comes to scale because as I said, I have all my Marvel figures mixed together (Sentinel, Mezco, Select, SHF, ML, Amazing Yamaguchi...) poses dynamically and I think it looks great. Whatever works for you is all good!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Insurgent

Thanks. I'm not a stickler for the scale either, I just want a Homecoming spidey that looks about right with the rest. Don't mind if he's a little smaller, as long as he's not like a dwarf in comparison. Mafex on the left, is that the Legends one on the right? If so, I think he would work based on what I've seen of legends to MS.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Slave IV

Yep, Mafex left, ML right.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Insurgent

Thank you very much. I believe based on this, mafex spidey should work. Now just need to save up.

13. Slave IV

Haha, NP! Glad to help!