Macross 1/48 "stealth" pix

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by CdnShockwave, Feb 25, 2006.

1. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Alright, latest news of Yamato's 1/48 scale Macross line. Official pix of the "stealth" and the new low viz have been released. The stealth looks AMAZING! It's a VF-1J and is available with or without fastpacks. Unfortunately, the low viz ended up being that pukey scheme. But here are some pix of the stealth.

Without fastpacks:
    [​IMG]

Withfast packs:
    [​IMG]

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I wonder why they don't reissue one in G1 Jetfire colors, but just leave off the autobot symbols. They'd get Macross fan sales, as well as Transfans sales. Since they own the mold, it'd just be a colorscheme. Without any emblems or logos, there'd be no legal issues. Seems like an obvious move considering the popularity of Transformers right now.

It'd be like someone owning the G1 Omega Supreme mold, and then making it in G1 colors but with a different name.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    so its just a repaint? :(  new jets! new jets! new jets!

Andy

Its still hawt tho

4. CdnShockwave

An Autobot Jetfire would be cool, but I can't see Yamato doing it. Can't really explain why, but I just get that vibe. Someone did a custom of Jetfire using a 1/48, it looked pretty cool. Now all they need to do is a Nemesis Jetfire.

It is kinda discouraging that they keep releasing the same moulds over and over again. But then again, I couldn't afford to get any more... although I have a feeling I'm going to blow another wad of cash on a few of those stealths. I was talking to my Mum earlier and told her it was "the best and worst part of my day".

5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I have the stealth with the fastpacks on preorder :)  I think I'll be skipping the low viz...

6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Those are awesome. Not sure I could bring myself to repaint one of those into Jetfire, though, given the price.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I would think that anything similar to G1 Jetfire would get Hasbro's suing attention??? The original Jetfire was done in collaboration with Bandai, not Yamato... So I would think that Yamato wouldn't even go in that direction...

The stealth is hot... I thought it would've been darker with more black though... Like the one in the Battle Cry game...

But I need to get the 1/48 Max & Miriya VF-1J before anything else... :banghead: 

8. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

love the new colour bout would like to see a few more different types of jets, they need to make some new ones and soon

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Seconded

I am holding off buying any until the get new jets. I have one of the 5" ones from Banpresto and I like it but I want a new jet before i buy a big one

10. CdnShockwave

Well, I caved, I just pre-ordered both the stealth and the super stealth from a Hong Kong based vendor. $75 cheaper than BBTS pre-order prices.

11. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

That looks pretty sweet!