Machinima's Titans Return BTS with FJ DeSanto and Adam Beechen

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by W-P38, Oct 17, 2017.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IDW has done a lot to flesh out previously unknown or barely used characters (Tailgate, Swerve, Misfire, Krok). In that aspect I like it, but that is mostly just Roberts' merit really. When Barber or others used forgotten characters, they just... were wasted opportunities most of the time, or someone they can use and kill off without upsetting the fans (see Metalhawk or Horri-Bull).
    The G1 cartoon and comic HAD to use a lot of characters and flesh them out because they were on sale in that year and Hasbro was pushing them. It messed up stories a lot, and Budiansky ended up quitting because of this annoyance, but in the end, it also let the writer do pretty much what he wanted since most of the new characters only had a tech spec to start from and nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    G1 is Transformers. Sorry to break the news, newer fans. Transformers was envisioned as that. Everything else, is alternative versions of that. They take little bits and pieces of what G1 did, and reshape them, and repackage them and call it "something new". Sometimes arbitrarily changing or adding stuff. Most often just to "not be your daddy's TF". But many times, the original, wisely avoided some creative choices that today result in problematic adaptations. And I don't say that as a "geewunner". I wasn't even born when it aired. It's just true. The franchise struggles to re-claim creative ground all this time, in its arrogant quest to distance itself from its own self. That's how you get fragmented little sub-continuities that hit a wall and disappear and get replaced as fast as they appear. Appreciate the original, folks. There is a reason it's still cherrished outside the fandom after all these decades. Despite its apparent flaws. The spirit should live on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    This is what i blame most writers with: the cowardice of wanting to kill of a character but not daring to touch the most popular ones.
    "We have to show how badass Megatron is after his upgrade."
    "Let's have him kill Slapdash. Nobody cares about him."
    Well there are people who do care. Maybe not thousands, but it would be nice to see that cool bot you had when you were a kid or you saw on tf wiki and fell in love with get some use other than being kicked about by Bumblebee.
    It's not an annoyance, if you're working in this franchise it's your job.

• Like Like x 1
  4. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I'd argue there's a good amount of that in Prime and IDW, but the problem is these people who are just out to hate anything new.
    They killed off Bumblebee and Shockwave to make space for them though.

• Like Like x 2