Machinima's Combiner Wars Episode 3 Released

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Niv3k, Aug 16, 2016.

1. RCX

RCX Active Member

Right, if I could see the video on Youtube, but I can't, and don't use a proxy to get around the whole being in the US thing.

2. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

B-but... MUH CHALK! Gary chalk gets no love anymore! Cullen is still the best Prime, sure, but Gary Chalk voiced Prime for a long time too (longer than Cullen even, until the movies happened), and I think he's a very close second. I'm pretty sure he's everyone else's second place Prime too, but I'm mostly just trying to remind people that Cullen isn't the only great voice Prime has had. Sincerely, a guy who grew up with Chalkimus.

Also, just watched GI Joe Resolute. Pretty good, you can definitely see what it does right in comparison to CW from the start. For one thing, Resolute DOESN'T WASTE TIME. In fact, I'd say the first episode may have been a little too fast.

3. Exinferis

Exinferis Liberate me Ex Inferis!

I love Gary Chalk, mainly because he's a fellow Brit! :D  He's a great voice actor. It was really weird watching Voltron Force where he was playing a bad guy; all I could see was Optimus Primal!

Ah, memories...

Anyway, watched this episode last night. Didn't like it as much as the first two; too much pointless "fighting" in this one. I get Windblade's anger, but not sure why she's taking it out on Prime? Is it a case of him being there "wrong place, wrong time" maybe? I guess it'll become clear later on.

I'm trying not to over-analyze too much. I've accepted that there's flaws in it, but since I went in with extremely low expectations, it's exceeded them! I'm just watching for fun.

4. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Try punching it into Clipconverter. It's what I use to make videos like these.

(COUGHCOUGHSHAMELESSPROMOTION)

5. RCX

RCX Active Member

Jackpot. That was the missing "link!"
    Thank you so much.

6. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    You're welcome. :) 

7. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally saw ep. 3 (against my better judgement). I'm pretty much done with this series. I see no improvement at all. On that note, hearing Optimus' voice wasn't bad. Sadly, his talent is wasted on this project. They really tanked hard here :( 

8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    First thing i thought when i saw this vid was all the comments saying it was good Optimus beat Windblade. Parodying a few people in another discussion: i dont know whats in you hearts or heads but you do seem to have issues with this character :lol 
    Why do you hate women who are good at fighting :lol 
    Seriously though, we are three episodes in and the only combiners featured in this show where a big dud. I am open to this show, i had expected the level of trope that certainly in this episode we have been seeing and i can neglect it but we need to see more combiners.

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    It's five minutes long once a week. Everybody here should watch it for that reason alone even just so they can make informed opinions on why they dislike it.

If it was twenty minutes long once a week, I'd have given up already for a show of this quality. I've already given up on Rescue Bots and RiD 15.

10. Ozil

Ozil Commander

News Credits:
    I'm watching it, but yeah, it's mediocre. I really don't like Windblade at all. The way she's been portrayed has been grating. I was a little concerned that she'd kick Prime's butt too based on the first ep, but thankfully, it didn't happen.

5 mins is too short to establish a narrative.

11. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime was grunting so much that it was as if he had a bad case of indigestion.

And I have to repeat, as much as some people like certain youtube personalities, that does not make them qualified actors, or voice actors. I love and watch a LOT of such people, like Phelous, Obscurus Lupa, Diamanda Hagan, Cinema Snob, IHE... Would they be the first choice if I made a cartoon and want to find voices?
    No, I'd got to professional cartoon voice actors. Most of whom are talented enough to voice multiple characters, even, and make them sound different. They could have hired, say, Tara Strong, and had her voice both Windblade and Maxima.
    To be frank, a youtube review and a cartoon voice acting recording are two very different things, and unless said youtube reviewers have experience in the latter, I don't find them suitable for VA roles.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Why are we bumping the episode 3 thread? I've already successfully forgotten most of episode 3. I'm almost done forgetting episode 4. Then I can start forgetting episode 5.

13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    'cause I have only watched episodes 3-4-5 yesterday. I promised to stop after episode 2, but I had to see the rest.

Peter Cullen is far from "big name". Check his filmography, the number of roles he had not associated with Transformers since 2000 are very few, and mostly related to his other past projects (like voicing K.A.R.R. in the 2009 Knight Rider reboot).
    On the other hand, John Baily doesn't even have a Wikipedia page, I was only able to find the page for the studio he works for, Screen Junkies. So even if he has a voice acting past, it's not documented.

14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It doesn't matter if they're considered "big name" by us, it matters whether or not the studios do. Frank Welker has been attached to some of the biggest moneymaking productions of all time, he might not be known by face, but he's definitely known in Hollywood.

Peter Cullen's making a name for himself with the Transformers film franchise and he was Eeyore as well. He's known well enough in circles, important circles.

Both can command a high price paycheck for their work, and rightfully so. Hasbro Studios *could* afford it, they choose not to. Machinima certainly cannot.

Jon's known for his Screen Junkies work, but he also does trailer and commercial work. He's even done some work for ABC. He's also making a name for himself, even if it's a bit slower than he'd like.

Getting to be the voice of Optimus Prime for the second time in an official capacity means he's getting some recognition. (The first time was an uber prank to promote AOE.)