Machinima's Combiner Wars Episode 3 Released

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Niv3k, Aug 16, 2016.

1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I don't mind the voices. I think the art is good (colors, shading, shapes, but when still), though the frame rate could've used some improvement. I do take serious issue with the lack of proper animation, the amount of wasted time in each episode, and the lack of any real storytelling. Given that this is aimed at adults, it seems like too many corners were cut. Yes, it was so hypocritical that Windblade is on a death rampage while criticizing the Cybertronian war. Her plea to get Optimus to help her was the biggest about face I've seen in years (politics excluded). Even for someone who reads the comics, nothing is explained well. If this were toned down and put online for kids, it'd be one thing, but dialogue does not logically flow for an adult mind. I really do hope that one day we get a solid adult-oriented Transformers cartoon, but that day is not today.

2. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thank you for sharing

it was ok

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Slightly less bad than last weeks but still not that good.

I'll admit Abby Trott's Windblade is fantastic, her acting is pretty much the best in the show, shame Windblade's character is horrible.

It's like Gundam without the Char/Char clone.

4. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had wondered what the show would be like if they substituted G1 background music.

I think it is too early to criticize the series. Yeah it has flaws but story is still progressing. Like many, I would have preferred Peter Cullen to do the voice instead of a parody actor. It is like getting Dave Chappelle to play Prince in a serious bio-epic of the life of Prince. So far Prime is ok.

So how is this a spin-off of G1? does this happen before the 86 movie?

5. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

Vimeo link for the episode:

https://vimeo.com/179060687

Autovolt, whenever I see your profile pic in one of these threads I die a little on the inside. Combiner Wars was supposed to be our Legendary Defender! I had high hopes, and it now pains me to think about how good Legendary Defender is when Combiner is so shit! Maybe someday...

Also, TRON! (Yay references)

6. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    You hit several nails on the head.

I can understand why they didn't get Peter Cullen, most likely for budget reasons. He pulls a certain wage, like many well known voice actors do.

Bailey of all people should know better not to impersonate another actor, but he's made a career ripping off the late voice actor Don LaFontaine. Look him up if you're not familiar with his name, but you would instantly know his voice from several shows/movie trailers. He was the original, "In a World" movie trailer guy.

I've watched several fan made TF videos on YouTube and there are lot of guys that sound like an Optimus without trying to be an imitation of Peter Cullen.

Dr. Smoov comes to mind. All be it it's in a humorous tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9QS9Y

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well that might be the best yet if only because what they wanted to achieve was more doable in 5 mins then the last few episodes.

As for the content itself well I dont think I could say anything I've not said before.

If I wanted to do a web show with this buget I'd just pay for DrSmoov to get a short run of 20 eps made from edited G1 stuff. Basically Sealab 2021. but that would be too edgy for Hasbro who would rather prime rip off some ones face then say a dirty word.

8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I don't understand how Legendary Defender can exist and we get... this.

9. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    I hate to bash people's work... but this feels like this was a final project in a college Visual effects class.

10. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Well that's the first and last episode I watch. I just have nothing positive to say. For something that was supposed to be aimed at fans this just feels like a half baked attempt. Like that video game you get really really psyched for only to find out the looooong list of issues. Which ultimately results in something truly mediocre and not the love letter to fans it was proclaimed to be. *cough*Aliens Colonial Marines*cough*

11. Kronos96

Kronos96 Member

Really good. 5 mins of this destroys 90% of the shitty, kiddy TF cartoons Hasbro has been releasing since the 90's. Although BW was good too, i got to say.

Nice to see the true G1 TF and not the trash that Hasbro has been producing for so long.

12. Formerfan

Formerfan Well-Known Member

It seems like the Prime voice complainers here are upset that Bailey either sounds too much like G1 Optimus Prime or not enough like him and that underscores the impossible position he found himself in. When I see that G1-style Prime, I 100% expect a Cullen-style Prime voice, regardless of who actually performs the voice-work. If Cullen wasn't available (which would've been everyone's first choice) then I'm glad somebody was willing to step into the inevitable fan firestorm to get the job done.

13. RubberChicken

RubberChicken Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have no problem with Bailey's Prime. I have a problem with the effects applied to make Prime's voice robotic. They sound horrible and don't fit Prime.

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Those big name voice actors would be way too expensive to get for this show.

15. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like this episode, it felt longer than the last two and the fight was well animated.

16. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

That's exactly how I feel about it. Windblade didn't have that effect on her voice and I don't remember hearing it on any of the other characters last week. Although I will admit, Jon Bailey's grunts and other noises were a little louder than necessary.

17. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you for this!

18. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

But that's exactly the problem. He sounds too much like him to be his own thing (like Gary Chalk was), but not enough like him to really be a passable impersonation. Dr. Smoov for instance, I feel hits a sweet spot between the two, where he sounds juuuust enough like Cullen to fit G1 Prime, but definitely doesn't sound close enough to seem like a Cullen knockoff.

It's kind of like if you wanted a Thudercracker toy. Would you rather take Dirge, or a flimsy all blue KO Thundercracker? Not the best metaphor but I tried.

That being said, I'm pretty okay with his performance. Some of his deliveries where a bit... rushed, I guess (probably a runtime issue), but good job overall.

19. GitGudGabe

GitGudGabe v e h i c o n

News Credits:
    I love how bad this series is, it makes beast machines look like TFP! Windblade makes movie Prime seem nice in comparison. Take a battle weathered, betrayed, and abandoned leader, haunted by the losses of friends, forced by a situation to become a killer, to a deluded warrior, thinking she's better than those she slays for, "atrocities" she readily surpasses in magnitude.

20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits: