Maas Toys Tyrant Throne

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Comet, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Comet

Comet Scheming Lieutenant

Facebook:

I have heard a rumour that this item is not going to appear, which is very sad. Think of all of the scheming that could be conducted behind it!

Is there any chance of such an item appearing? I would gladly pay, and I'm sure others will, if a fan made a small series. 3D printing might make a fan project possible.

Sadly I have two left hands, but it's a crying shame we'll not get a throne. Maas Toys produced such a beautiful prototype. These little extras - Starscream's crown, the stand that can either support MP-36 or form Megatron's fusion cannon -- are what really drew me in to making a go of Masterpiece Decepticons as a hobby.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They recently decided to sell their squashed (pipes i think?) and the only thing stating they went under was some random article. According to bobby skullface who actually talked to the mass toys owner a few months back, they are working things out and want to deliver the things they showed. idk why 1 article was all it took for people to straight up abandon them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    It was probably one article and all the money they owed campaign backers that haven't necessarily fell through but certainly aren't getting produced anytime soon [Tetra Jets].

4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still want that toilet bot.

Since Ikea for Bots is just starting, it's inevitable that we'll eventually move to toilet equipments? ;) 

5. Comet

Facebook:
    So we might have some hope? Sorry if I have blundered, I am quite new to the hobby. Many thanks to you all for replying. It is such a beautiful thing and I was so pleased to hear of it, especially the extremely clever idea of making it of soft plastic to avoid scratching the notoriously friable Megatron paint.

I have contacted Maas Toys via Facebook (their website is not working at present).

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Maas is dead. Even if they try to get back up, they blew it with the Seekers.

7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    At least until it rebrands itself and finds a way to take more money through poor management skills.

• Like Like x 1
  8. D0nut

D0nut Well-Known Member

New from Saam, Despot's Chesterfield chair!
    Featuring exciting currency goods exchange play value!
    Pay money and receive a product!
    Wow!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Something like that. Only, in the end, you may or may not get the product you paid for... or your money back.

10. Comet

Facebook:
    Many thanks to you all for these detailed replies and differing views. I think the best conclusion that I can draw is that although Maas have said that they are willing to try and sort things out they have had troubles putting things out in the past.

So what does this work out to mean? I think I'd better try and look into some other source. I've found a 3d print file for a similar throne.

11. kidlat2000

kidlat2000 Well-Known Member

It's funny I was surprised my BBTS pre order on this one shows cancelled while I don't recall cancelling it myself and the listing on it shows sold out. I see some eBayers offering and I thought it was produced. Luckily I looked up on this thread so it seems this is cancelled and not produced at all.

Oh well maybe someone else will take the slack and product it.
    Someday...

12. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

I was able to find 3D print files for a Decepticon-themed throne for free online. It's not the same as this one, but it does give my MP Megs somewhere to rest after a long day of crushing Autofools.

13. mixelpix

mixelpix Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I had this pre-ordered, but then the listing was changed to sold-out. I got a refund, but does "sold-out" mean that SOME people got them?

14. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nobody received them. I ended up getting this throne from TFSource... It is their exclusive and not found anywhere else. It's a KO of the Fansproject Severo throne in purple. I love mine. I even paint washed mine. It can be found here:
    https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/evil-leader-throne/
    Enjoy,

- Gregg
    20200614_181558.jpg

• Like Like x 1